PDA

View Full Version : My my, doesn't this make the import crowd look good?

Melinda
01-14-2005, 08:33 AM
Straight from Fast and the Furious it seems, especially the second paragraph. All we need is the names 'Johnny Tran and Dominick Toretto' instead of 'White and Black Honda Civic'

-----------------------------------------------------------------
CITYBEAT - CITY OF CALGARY PRESS RELEASE
-----------------------------------------------------------------

CALGARY POLICE SERVICE MEDIA RELEASE

At about 11:40 PM on Thursday the 13 January 2005, police
received several calls of possible gunshots heard in the area
of the 100 block of Taracove Estates Dr NE. Upon the arrival
in the area police located a white Honda Civic, in an alley,
still running, with what appear to be bullet holes in it and
no one around.

Inquires lead investigators to a nearby residence where the
owner of the vehicle was located. At this time it appears
that there was a prior incident in the area between the owner
– driver of the white Honda civic and the occupants of a
black Honda civic which lead to the occupants of the black
Honda civic shooting at the white Honda civic.

At this time it appears there were no injuries to anyone in
this incident.

-30-

abyss
01-14-2005, 09:17 AM
Gang related maybe? :dunno: That's way too close to where we live. :thumbsdow

awd
01-14-2005, 09:40 AM
Yet another example of black on white crime. :D

toyboy88
01-14-2005, 09:46 AM
^^^haha :D

but yea geez more gang stuff??? :dunno: :thumbsdow

QuasarCav
01-14-2005, 10:17 AM
If they were driving geo's would that make the domestic car crowd look bad? It's just the type of car they are driving, maybe they are angry with the lack of power accesories:dunno:

EK 2.0
01-14-2005, 10:33 AM
*shaking fist in the air*

DAMN STREET RACERS!!...

but seriously...this incident, although not rare, hits awfully close to home...it's scary now what kinds of things are happening in this city...

Melinda
01-14-2005, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by QuasarCav
If they were driving geo's would that make the domestic car crowd look bad? It's just the type of car they are driving, maybe they are angry with the lack of power accesories:dunno:
No, but civics have such a bad stigma behind them as it is, this just makes it look worse. If it was 2 mustangs, people would probably be shaking their heads saying "damn rednecks"...I know it's all stereotypes, but people reading the newspapers dont care.

I guess it's good that it's "the white honda civic vs. the black honda civic" instead of "one asian vs another asian" or white guys, brown guys, black guys, ect. It gets the racial profiling out of there, but still doesnt help the good honda drivers out there to get rid of their "bad ass street racer" stigma.

rmk
01-14-2005, 10:41 AM
I hope they get caught, but with the way our courts are run nowadays, they'll be shooting up cars in no time :banghead: . Prob drug related if anything. PUNKS.

roopi
01-14-2005, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by awd

:rofl:

Clever
01-14-2005, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by awd

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: GOLD!!!:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

balpreet
01-14-2005, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by Melinda

If it was 2 mustangs, people would probably be shaking their heads saying "damn rednecks"...

When was the last time u seen a redneck driving a mustang in calgary.

Talies R
01-14-2005, 01:40 PM
There just cars who cares. I don't really know what an import crowd is...but how are they related?

freakin
01-14-2005, 01:40 PM
I was watching a news report on this incedent this morning. The white car that they were showing with the holes in it was an Accord, but they were still describing it as a Civic.

saiyajin
01-14-2005, 01:47 PM
ya i dont know how the cars involved had much to do with anything..:dunno:

Melinda
01-14-2005, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by balpreet

Read the rest of my post, the next line has the word Stereotype in it

Melinda
01-14-2005, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by saiyajin
ya i dont know how the cars involved had much to do with anything..:dunno:
They don't, but it has alot to do with how people will percieve the incident. You hear about a shooting with 2 civics, who do you automatically assume is behind it?

saiyajin
01-14-2005, 02:58 PM
after i read the article i didnt assume anything since it didnt state who were behind it

SilverBoost
01-14-2005, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by Melinda

They don't, but it has alot to do with how people will percieve the incident. You hear about a shooting with 2 civics, who do you automatically assume is behind it?

Yeah but I don't think that most people who hate "the scene" so to speak, really know one kind of car from another anyhow.

Most of your average citizens will classify any car with a decal or exhaust or big wheels into the "street racer" category anyhow.

I doubt this really makes any more detrimental impact on the import scene. And who really cares anyway... most people won't be happy until everyone is driving a minivan.

rmk
01-14-2005, 03:30 PM

Downtown 4th Ave SW, Lunchour, 2/12 hrs ago. :nut:

dj_honda
01-14-2005, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by saiyajin
after i read the article i didnt assume anything since it didnt state who were behind it
:werd:
it could have been camrys or j bodies, minivans or pickup trucks. its just the type of car that was involved. i cant assume anyone or race was behind it but then again i ignore racial stereotypes and prejudice in general.

:closed:

Kaos
01-14-2005, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by CycloneAWD
*shaking fist in the air*

DAMN STREET RACERS!!...

but seriously...this incident, although not rare, hits awfully close to home...it's scary now what kinds of things are happening in this city...

Its not common that guns are being used (by youths) in Calgary .
Its new to ppl here, but try going to Vancouver.
Guns are used more often than knives.

djfob
01-14-2005, 06:47 PM
How much further North do I have to move to get away from the hood:nut:

abyss
01-14-2005, 07:27 PM
Originally posted by djfob

Apparantly farther than us and we're right at the edge! Taradale is just about as far north as you can go!

GT2NV
01-14-2005, 07:29 PM

dude your sig is hilarious haha ballaz:bigpimp: :bigpimp: :rofl:

Moe Man
01-14-2005, 07:33 PM
now say the cars were like a audi or something do you think they would have said the make and model of the car. i cant picture them saying "a white audi A4 and a black audi A4 " it just doent sound right

Toms-SC
01-14-2005, 09:46 PM
Gun control working :thumbsup:

Ichigo
01-14-2005, 09:53 PM
Show's what you guys know.. Those are speed holes.. They make your car go faster..:D

Go4Long
01-14-2005, 09:57 PM
Originally posted by Ichigo
Show's what you guys know.. Those are speed holes.. They make your car go faster..:D

classic simpsons:) it's funny because that little related links bar in the bottom of the thread had links to "Honda Cooling Parts" in it...I thought it was funny

civic_stylez
01-14-2005, 11:24 PM
maybe the guy in the white civic was mad because swat came into his house and dis-respected his family all because the guy in the black civic "knocked" on him.... who knows? this city is heading in a bad direction.

shakalaka
01-14-2005, 11:52 PM
Heard about this on Vibe in the morning. Getting pretty damn crazy here I tell ya.

big_k
01-15-2005, 12:01 AM
man calgary is turning into the ghetto

NickGT
01-15-2005, 12:13 AM
Originally posted by GT2NV

dude your sig is hilarious haha ballaz:bigpimp: :bigpimp: :rofl:

haha yah forget rednecks/white trash/mullets... We're goin gangsta from here on in! :bigpimp: :rofl: :rofl: j/j

But to stay on topic. I'm sure the location the vehicle was found is of more concern than the vehicles themselves to most people.

The negative effects on the "import scene" are a spit in the pond compared to the possible long term problems that could arise thanks to a few thugs in that particular area. I wouldn't worry about the import scene.

jdmakkord
01-15-2005, 03:49 AM

Ok, rednecks and dips. Happy now?

Aleks
01-15-2005, 04:18 AM
Media are a bunch of useless idiots anyways. Who cares if they were Hondas. They couldn't even tell that the white car was an ACCORD NOT a civic.

Chiggles
01-17-2005, 02:49 AM
Originally posted by djfob

Originally posted by shakalaka
Heard about this on Vibe in the morning. Getting pretty damn crazy here I tell ya.

Originally posted by big_k
man calgary is turning into the ghetto

Still rather be back at home down there with the rest of you. If anyone's thinking of moving up any further north, it just gets worse by the time you get out here. This town is SOOOO ghetto all over the place unless you're out on the Westend where all the newer housing development is. Every other part of E-town looks like @$$ :whipped: :thumbsdow

Police
01-17-2005, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by jdmakkord

Ok, rednecks and dips. Happy now?

HAHAHA LMAO:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: