PDA

View Full Version : Questions about "1.6EL/Domani"

//guyen
01-14-2005, 06:23 PM
for all those who have one, im about to purchase a 1997 1.6 el and i've been looking all over for parts for the car and i cant seem to find a thing. i see that some of you guys have the black headlights, do you guys paint that or do you purchase them somewhere? as well with aftermarket grills for the car... i cant seem to find a thing. but i see some of the EL's with mugen bumpers and stuff. are those all retro fits from like civics? or do they actually make them for the car? do civic parts fit on this car. i know that the motor is the same and the car is based on the civic but a more lux. 4 door model of it.... please help me...

thanks

Weapon_R
01-14-2005, 06:26 PM
It's basically a civic with a leather interior and a few small upgrades here and there.

Black headlights are painted, not bought. Most parts from a civic will transfer over. There are a ton of parts for your car.

civicrider
01-14-2005, 06:31 PM
yah you will not find many parts for the 1.6 EL because its a canadian model. and all the aftermarket parts are made in the USA so not much comes out for the EL but most stuff for the 4 door civics will fit your EL

//guyen
01-14-2005, 06:35 PM
thanks, thats alot of help. so parts from like a EK 4door will most likly fit the car? such as lip kits made for civics? theirs are acouple EL's on cardomain that i see with aftermarket grills. i see them with a mugen badge on it. im guessing that is just put on their afterwards? but im looking for a plane grill basicly like the EK CTR grill style. can it be bought? or is it made....

thanks again for the quick replys

el-nino
01-15-2005, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by //guyen
thanks, thats alot of help. so parts from like a EK 4door will most likly fit the car? such as lip kits made for civics? theirs are acouple EL's on cardomain that i see with aftermarket grills. i see them with a mugen badge on it. im guessing that is just put on their afterwards? but im looking for a plane grill basicly like the EK CTR grill style. can it be bought? or is it made....

thanks again for the quick replys

96-98 civic lips will fit with minor modding. 96-00rear bumpers will fit with no problems. the aftermarket grills are made and if you are planning to buy a 97 the grill is gonna be a little more difficult to make but it can easily be done. check out the guys on clubel they will tell you everything you need to know about an el.www.clubel.ca

el-nino
01-15-2005, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by civicrider
yah you will not find many parts for the 1.6 EL because its a canadian model. and all the aftermarket parts are made in the USA so not much comes out for the EL but most stuff for the 4 door civics will fit your EL ..

wrong bro! You will find a lot of parts for this car. It has 1 d16y8 motor and the after market parts are endless on them. as said before 4 door civics will be your best friend when coming to aftermarket body parts. but suspension is all the same with 96-00 civics.

civicrider
01-15-2005, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by el-nino

wrong bro! You will find a lot of parts for this car. It has 1 d16y8 motor and the after market parts are endless on them. as said before 4 door civics will be your best friend when coming to aftermarket body parts. but suspension is all the same with 96-00 civics.

yeah theres alot for the civic, but the aftermarket goods that are actualy listed for the EL is very rare.

//guyen
01-15-2005, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by el-nino

the d16y8, is that the same motor as a civic Si? my friend has a 94 Si with a 1.6L vtec motor and from pics and such, the motors look basicly identical. I will be purchaseing this EL within the week :thumbsup: . thanks for all the info guys.