PDA

View Full Version : Futureshop Cheap BenQ DVD+R!

Kamen
01-15-2005, 11:10 AM
Hey guys, if you care and don't know, FS is having one of their crazy 75% off sale on a 200 stack of BenQ dvds. I've used these dvds before and they are quite good I must say.

Anyways, here's the link. (http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/proddetail.asp?sku_id=0665000FS10048426&newdeptid=&catid=12501&logon=&langid=EN&dept=0)

They are out of stock right now but you can order and they will ship when they get more; I got mine. :)

cityhunter2501
01-15-2005, 07:27 PM
do they burn ps2 games nicely?

eblend
01-15-2005, 08:02 PM
hasn't that been the price for these for since boxing week?

my friend bought some at that price during boxing week

pixil9
01-15-2005, 08:16 PM
dvd+rs aren't good for movies on older dvd players.. i'm stickin to dvd-r

Kamen
01-15-2005, 08:39 PM
Well, it's all up to you guys. DVD+R works fine with me so that's what I got, but you can always get the DVD-R; same price.

Yup, they burn PS2 games quite nicely :D

I think the price went back up for abit, but now that are on sale again because I bought a stack of 100 on boxing day and after boxing week I realized I might need more but when I checked the price had returned to normal.

pixil9
01-15-2005, 09:13 PM
oh if there's -rs.. that's sweet. i'll go get some soon.

kaput
01-15-2005, 09:21 PM

eblend
01-16-2005, 12:36 AM
yah, i am a fan of dvd-r as well...haven't tried a single dvd+r but have one right here (tis actually same one u posted) my friend gave me one from his pack so i can try a dvd+r, but usually i use dvd-r...they are my thing...best dvd-r i have found that work awsome on an xbox are Ritek RiData dvd-r, these are amazing compared to 3 other brands i tried before

Kamen
01-16-2005, 02:10 AM
What is the different between +R and -R anyways? I've always used +R and have had no problem so I haven't looked into the subject. All I know is that DVD+R works for about 89% of DVD players while -R works for about 99%?

Kobe
01-16-2005, 02:12 AM
whats better for xbox games??

cuase im picking up my burner this week....

eblend
01-16-2005, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by Kobe
whats better for xbox games??

cuase im picking up my burner this week....

if you got the samsung drive in your xbox, i don't think it matters (samsung drive has 2 holes in it for your fingers)

i used dvd-r and have never had a problem

as for the difference between the 2..all i know is dvd+r doesn't work on many older dvd players..while dvd-r does

dvd-r uses the same technique as a real dvd, and dvd+r uses its own technique

/////AMG
01-16-2005, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by Kamen
What is the different between +R and -R anyways? I've always used +R and have had no problem so I haven't looked into the subject. All I know is that DVD+R works for about 89% of DVD players while -R works for about 99%?

:werd: Whats the real diff? I heard it depend son what burner you got too..

I have the Benq 16X Dual Layer DVDRW, so which one will be bteer for me?

I bought a pack of 25 DVD+R's (PCline) for £9 here but haven't used them yet (comp is being a little bitch right now).

eblend
01-17-2005, 01:59 AM
any will work for you, any new burner works with both, so odn't worry, just get the dvd-r...it will be more acceptible. you see dvd+r is not a DVD authorized product...thats why there won't be a DVD logo on the stuff...you will only see a dvd logo on a dvd-r formats

Nate25
01-17-2005, 03:11 AM
Ya man i work at FS thats a wicked deal
but NE Calgs is outa stock.
i'll check the comp tommarow and see if more are coming in anytime soon

/////AMG
01-17-2005, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by Nate25
Ya man i work at FS thats a wicked deal
but NE Calgs is outa stock.
i'll check the comp tommarow and see if more are coming in anytime soon

let us know

AcuraTl
01-17-2005, 04:39 PM
for xbox DVD backups i only use -rs, i ordered an ass load of Riteks and picked up a 100 pack of dvd-rs when they came out on boxing day, flawless, works as good as riteks...sept games load a LITTLE slower no big diff... and yea if u have the option ALWAYS go for DVD-R....DVD+R is simply out-dated technology...

SUPRAPHAT
01-17-2005, 04:51 PM
Why don't you guys go to Best Buy and price match?

Best Buy owns Future Shop so they will more than likely have the exact same pack of DVD's!

Jason

AcuraTl
01-17-2005, 04:58 PM
^^ they dont ;)

djfob
01-17-2005, 08:58 PM
damn they're not taking orders for the -Rs

Kamen
01-17-2005, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by AcuraTl
and yea if u have the option ALWAYS go for DVD-R....DVD+R is simply out-dated technology...

Can you explain to me how DVD+Rs are outdated technology? I don't get it. If DVD+Rs may not work with older dvd players, doesn't that make them newer? :dunno:

eblend
01-17-2005, 11:48 PM

Can you explain to me how DVD+Rs are outdated technology? I don't get it. If DVD+Rs may not work with older dvd players, doesn't that make them newer? :dunno:

no it just means they are not approved by the dvd forum...which is the licencing body who sets the standards on all the dvds out there. dvd+r was orinally designed for storing data and was more of a use it on a computer type of format, where as the dvd had movies and all that in mind..dvd-r is an older proven technology...dvd+r came out 2 years later as competition..thats all...and now they are both around and both dvd-r and +r are cheap because of it :)

Kamen
01-18-2005, 12:00 AM
Oh, so as long as it works then it doesn't matter what I use. :D

AcuraTl
01-18-2005, 03:28 PM

well man my experience on IRC and DVD forums have lead me to believe that DVD+R are pretty much useless and out-dated... whenever i mention the phrase DVD+R ppl start laughing. Personally DVD+R and me dont get along, i have plenty of XBOX games and dvd backup coasters to prove it :thumbsdow :thumbsdow :thumbsdow :thumbsdow

Nate25
01-19-2005, 12:28 AM
Ya supposedly DVD+R's are supposed to be better. They're supposed to burn faster and something else is better about them but i cant remember
but anyways ya i'll keep it posted if i see any come into the FS in the NE.
Shipments at all FS's are on Mondays and Fridays but they sometimes dont get stuff out till the next day