PDA

View Full Version : Do you still love your accord? check this out!

go77306
01-16-2005, 07:41 AM
A serious accident. The lovely 2004 accord was broken into two parts! 3 were killed.

broken 2004 Accord (http://www.cforum.net/forums/index.php?showforum=6)

AcuraTl
01-16-2005, 08:47 AM
dude if u hit anything hard enough, it will break, if i thought accords were invincible i would open a fuckin truck company in IRaq....

Kirbs17
01-16-2005, 11:50 AM
Holy shit, no wonder 3 people died

http://www.cforum.net/forums/index.php?act=Attach&type=post&id=118

CokerRat
01-16-2005, 12:16 PM
Unbelievable. Not the crash through, I'm talking about the stupid comments on that cforum.net link. Look, a whole forum of forensic engineers that can look at a mere 3 photographs, no crash data, and instantly proclaim which vehicles are more or less safe than others. Then somebody posts a picture of a wrecked Volvo that was apparently involved in a head-on where the crumple zone worked as designed and kept the passenger cabin intact. Then the chorus of sage wisdom erupts, "ahh yes much safer than Accord". What a bunch of dolts.

GoChris
01-16-2005, 12:38 PM
well wtf, they must have been going at a very high rate of speed. I'd blame the driver not the car.

streetarab
01-16-2005, 12:52 PM
from that other forum

I remember this happend to a 93 ford taurus some years ago. Must has something to do with the quality control. Probably the steel is not good. Honda's quality is falling!!!!
ok there buddy,

crazydave
01-16-2005, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by CokerRat
Unbelievable. Not the crash through, I'm talking about the stupid comments on that cforum.net link. Look, a whole forum of forensic engineers that can look at a mere 3 photographs, no crash data, and instantly proclaim which vehicles are more or less safe than others. Then somebody posts a picture of a wrecked Volvo that was apparently involved in a head-on where the crumple zone worked as designed and kept the passenger cabin intact. Then the chorus of sage wisdom erupts, "ahh yes much safer than Accord". What a bunch of dolts.

:werd:

/////AMG
01-21-2005, 09:09 AM
Originally posted by Kirbs17
Holy shit, no wonder 3 people died

http://www.cforum.net/forums/index.php?act=Attach&type=post&id=118

where doe sit say 3 ppl died? :dunno:

Xtrema
01-21-2005, 10:07 AM
Dudes, normally I'll say manufacturer are at fault, then I read that this happens in China!

1 look at pics and I know what happened.

That Accord is illegally imported or stolen. Thieves or crooks like to cut cars in half and import them as parts to avoid duties. Then it's put back together, new coat of paint and sold to the market as new.

China is still pretty lawless at the moment, so I'm not surprise this is allowed to happen.

thinmyster
01-21-2005, 10:25 AM
what???:dunno: :dunno: :dunno:

cloud7
01-21-2005, 10:32 AM
If you go fast enough and hit a concrete object that's not meant to move, the car will deform and even break apart. I remember a few years ago on the Trans Canada Hwy, a 300ZX that was chased by police crashed was broken in half.

There is supposed to be a lot of illegally imported cars in China but it is China is not lawless or else importing a stolen car wouldn't be considered illegal ;) From looking at the picture of the Accord, it sustained a lot of damage... so I am not surprised that it broke in 1/2.

/////AMG
01-21-2005, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by Xtrema
Dudes, normally I'll say manufacturer are at fault, then I read that this happens in China!

1 look at pics and I know what happened.

That Accord is illegally imported or stolen. Thieves or crooks like to cut cars in half and import them as parts to avoid duties. Then it's put back together, new coat of paint and sold to the market as new.

China is still pretty lawless at the moment, so I'm not surprise this is allowed to happen.

WTF are you smoking?

It does say the guy was going the spee dlimit (probably 40-50mph, my guess (not sure). But a car shouldn't break in half if it's going the speed limit.

Where does it say people died? Any more info on this?

Xtrema
01-21-2005, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by /////AMG

WTF are you smoking?

It does say the guy was going the spee dlimit (probably 40-50mph, my guess (not sure). But a car shouldn't break in half if it's going the speed limit.

Where does it say people died? Any more info on this?

Here's the article about this crash:
http://rottentomato.blogchina.com/blog/refer.682188.html

Yes, if the car wasn't tempered with or speed ain't excessive, it shouldn't break in halves.

What I'm saying is, car theft rings in that region of Asia like to steal cars from HK, Thailand and import into China for consumption. Importing WHOLE car is illegal, so they cut them up and send them in in seperate trucks and claim as salvage or parts.

Then they solder them back @ chop shops and sell at very low/attractive price. The best point to cut and rejoin them is right around the back seat floor (1 straight cut + 2 points on roof and take the rear doors out). A coat of new paint and buyer won't know any better.

This tremendously weaken the car's structure and there are many accidents like this one where the resolder joints doesn't hold up in accidents and breaking in halves.

ex1z7
01-22-2005, 12:15 AM
" The driver and the passenger in the front seat were lightly injured. One at the bad seat was killed at once. The other two proved dead after sending to hospitals for intensive care. The police in the locale said it was the latter half of the vehicle that heavily struck the road barrier, and the vehicle was cut into halves after the impact. The then speed needed further calculating, but the police was quoted by local media that the driver was highly suspected of over-speeding. "

Saw a link to a fucked over Audi ..

http://timeslips.bootnetworks.com/a3tree/index.html

I think the only thing reusable on the audi is the e-brake handle :|

I've never loved my accord, fucking piece of jerk-ness..

streetarab
01-22-2005, 09:34 AM
that audi got fucked up, there is one pic, im guessin its in kilometers, but it says about 100, or 60 miles an hour,

hyperwhite
01-22-2005, 10:44 AM
that audi is a repost but it did get messed up hardcore :cry: