PDA

View Full Version : Buying a car from Japan

maltan
01-16-2005, 09:42 PM
Just bought a Toyota Land Cruiser and getting all the info from the people. First I wasnt sure that I had to get a new VIN for the vehicle in order to register in Canada second it has to go through all the tests. Can anyone help me on this. By the way my car is coming to New Westminster and Im planning to drive it from BC to AB. Any info about customs, VIN, Insurance and registration will be much appreciated. Thanks in advance

TypeS
01-16-2005, 11:43 PM
lol you made your thread a "poll" Im guessing you didnt mean to:tongue:
anyway aren't those landcruisers RHD / LHD swappable?

as for the VIN don't let them sucker you into doing it....its costly and USELESS....all they need is a damn number to identify the vehicle with, and a chassis code is a number, don't let them tell you otherwise:thumbsup:

brandon
01-16-2005, 11:46 PM
Originally posted by TypeS
lol you made your thread a "poll" Im guessing you didnt mean to:tongue:
anyway aren't those landcruisers RHD / LHD swappable?

as for the VIN don't let them sucker you into doing it....its costly and USELESS....all they need is a damn number to identify the vehicle with, and a chassis code is a number, don't let them tell you otherwise:thumbsup:

word, no vin change here

maltan
01-17-2005, 05:41 PM
IM getting a lot of good info from you THE EXPERTS. Thanks alot

Hash_man
01-17-2005, 07:11 PM
IM getting a lot of good info from you THE EXPERTS. Thanks alot

Im going to have to say I sense sarcasm... seeing as they both have legaly imported cars i would actually listen to them.. :drama:

CalgarySupra
01-17-2005, 11:13 PM
we it arrives at the hub before customs they might tell you some vin bs and register it for transport canada. they might assign it a "BC assigned vin"

also how about the toyota megacrusier?

jaysas_63
01-18-2005, 12:23 AM
i voted for the toyota yO! lol