PDA

View Full Version : Is Iran next??

Toma
01-16-2005, 11:22 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/4180087.stm

GTS Jeff
01-17-2005, 01:13 AM
i think you would save yourself a lot of hassle if u just put a link to BBC in your sig :D

davidI
01-17-2005, 02:32 AM
Last I checked Osama wasn't hiding in Iran. Oh, but wait, it's not about the war on terror...it's the war on securing oil for the U.S.

I don't think the American people would stand for another war after what has happened with Iraq. If a war does happen, I'm afraid for the world economy! China may be the next super power :drama:

Xtrema
01-17-2005, 09:27 AM
I gotta admit Iran is another oppressive regime but people were sick of civil war and accepted to be ruled by this government.

And the government is taking care of their people pretty well, healthcare is top notch and they have more equipments than we do in Canada. They just don't have freedom and women are still pretty oppressed like many muslim countries.

I don't think US will enter another war. Iraq war has already cost too much.

JeremyD
01-17-2005, 10:45 AM
Isn't China already a super power?

kevie88
01-17-2005, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by Xtrema

For sure, I really don't see them attacking anyone for another 7-10 years or so (the usual time frame between American "liberation missions") because they are stretched so thin in Iraq and Afganistan.

Weapon_R
01-17-2005, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by JeremyD
Isn't China already a super power?

Not quite. A superpower is much more than a strong military. Even though China does possess a large military, it is lacking the technology to keep up with the Americans.

Watch in the next 25-30 years as China continues to eat up a huge share of the world's economy. China has nearly surpassed Japan for the second largest economy in the world, and it is growing by an unprecedented rate.

"First you get the money, then you get the power, then you get the women". Soon enough, China is going to have a lot of bitches.

cloud7
01-17-2005, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by Weapon_R

First you get the money, then you get the power, then you get the women". Soon enough, China is going to have a lot of bitches.

haha, so they will be export goods to the US and import bitches from the US... hey, that's a good deal since the US is always complaining about a trade deficit with China :bigpimp:

Toms-SC
01-17-2005, 12:33 PM
Alberta needs to be gotten :)

kevie88
01-17-2005, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by Toms-SC
Alberta needs to be gotten :)

er.. huh?

DEREK57
01-17-2005, 01:09 PM
http://batr.org/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/bush_israel_flag.jpg

DayGlow
01-17-2005, 04:54 PM
damn jews should know their place in the world eh?

:rolleyes:

Toma
01-17-2005, 04:57 PM
US "denies" the claims...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/4182365.stm

AcuraTl
01-17-2005, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by Weapon_R

Not quite. A superpower is much more than a strong military. Even though China does possess a large military, it is lacking the technology to keep up with the Americans.

Watch in the next 25-30 years as China continues to eat up a huge share of the world's economy. China has nearly surpassed Japan for the second largest economy in the world, and it is growing by an unprecedented rate.

"First you get the money, then you get the power, then you get the women". Soon enough, China is going to have a lot of bitches.

so your saying Chairman Mau is actually scarface :nut: :nut:

DEREK57
01-17-2005, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by DayGlow
damn jews should know their place in the world eh?

:rolleyes:

Not really, I just think its odd that America puts so much to supporting Isreal, without putting on any pressure for them to make peaceful settlements. The worlds only superpower has taken one, and only one side in this conflict, based on domestic importance, and I just wonder who gains the most from dismantling Iran.

jaysas_63
01-18-2005, 12:05 AM
I gotta admit Iran is another oppressive regime but people were sick of civil war and accepted to be ruled by this government.

1 there was no civil war, it was a reveloution to overthrow the shaw (king)...Khomeini took advantage of the situation, and came into power threw a power struggle, the people did NOT ask for a theocratic regime, the people, or more specifically the university
students wanted a system more similar to the west, a democracy.

And the government is taking care of their people pretty well, healthcare is top notch and they have more equipments than we do in Canada. They just don't have freedom and women are still pretty oppressed like many muslim countries.

ok health care is not top notch and the government is not taking good care of the people at all.....in iran one can start understanding what the term disparity really means, the rich are getting richer, and the poor, poorer. the people in power are corrupt, and are essentially taking the oil money which belongs to the people, for themselves.

you have to understand that the people of iran are not happy with the government, before the war in iraq, there where protests in the universities (some of which ended in students being hung on campus to prove a point)

i really don't think u understand the situation in iran at all.

finboy
01-19-2005, 12:13 AM
just saw a report on the situation, this seems like it could escelate quickly