PDA

View Full Version : Prince Harry

Melinda
01-17-2005, 12:58 AM
Alrighty by now I'm sure everyone has heard about this huge scandal with Prince Harry wearing the nazi costume to some party. Okay, I'll agree it was definately not the best costume pick for him and he should have known better just like anyone should have, but it seems this one thing has brought out all this crap gossip about him.

I read this GIANT 2 page spread article in the paper today and they were tearing Harry to sheds, not only about his costume screw up, but about him being "dumb" (not achieving well in school) getting drunk at parties, they even said he was cheating on some art test earlier in the year.

So yes, the Nazi costume sucked, we got that. But why do they need to drag out all of these so-called "Skeletons" from Harry's closet? And are these things really SO bad? He's 20 years old and so what if he does badly in school and isn't super smart? Not everyone is scholastically gifted and yes, sometimes they even cheat on tests. And getting drunk at parties? I'd say 3 out of every 5 20 year olds get drunk every single time they go out with their friends. Sure, he's a royal, but how is being born and expected to never be a teenager or make a mistake in life fair?

I mean come on, the kid has grown up under a microscope, living in his older brother's shadow, knowing that it is highly unlikely that he's going to ever take the throne as king, and he has been SEVERELY surrounded by scandal his whole life, including the entire world questioning who his real dad is and spending so many years with everyone graphically interpreting, questioning and discussing the death of his own mother in such great detail. Who wouldn't agree that the kid has a right to have a few regulary 20-year-old issues?

Royal or not, he IS human. Same with his brother, who is also constantly being talked about with every little mistake he makes. If celebrities can get away with rape, murder, drug addiction and alcoholism, surely Harry should be able to escape some drunkeness with his friends and a tasteless costume choice...don't you guys think so?

FiveFreshFish
01-17-2005, 01:09 AM
His parents never did set a great example so that's probably why he is the way he is. Anyway, he won't ever be king so he might as well enjoy the lifestyle that fame and wealth bring.

t-im
01-17-2005, 01:11 AM
Originally posted by FiveFreshFish
His parents never did set a great example so that's probably why he is the way he is. Anyway, he won't ever be king so he might as well enjoy the lifestyle that fame and wealth bring.

He's lucky - he's entitled to do whatever he wants, and has everything he could possibly want at his fingertips (wealth, status, etc etc) and he doesn't have any real responsibilities, unlike his brother...If i were Harry, i'd do shit all and wouldn't give a rats ass what the media thought of me

JAYMEZ
01-17-2005, 01:13 AM
Im also sick of hearing bad things about him, only a few days before this party , him and Will were helping out the Tsunami people , but no , nothing is mentioned about that.

I think the press/poparatzy(sp) want him to commit suicide or something , so they have another tragic ending of a Royal member.

I still believe there was something very evil about Princess Dianas death , and I think the same people want another huge headliner that they can make money off.

"Harry commits sucide , cursed Royal Family " you know what I mean.

sexualbanana
01-17-2005, 01:22 AM
The British paprazzi is notorious for being ruthless in their tactics. A lot of methods that the general public would deem high unethical and dirty.

It doesn't surprise me that he's under this super powerful microscope because he is still a part of the Royal Family. Although they really don't have much power (if any) anymore, they still hold a very distinct position, and this makes them subject to this level of scrutiny.

I personally don't agree with the costume, nor do I agree with anything the tabloids say, but Prince Harry should know better than to do that. He's been surrounded by this sort of press his entire life and he should know that something like that won't fly. Then again, maybe that's the way he planned it?

A_3
01-17-2005, 01:30 AM
Dianna took really good care of both the kids. She didn't want them to grow up spoiled because of there (arguably) favourable position in life. I think her death really shook Harry more so then even William. I feel really bad for the kid, he just sounds "normal" who among us hasn't done or knows people that haven't done those sorts of things. He's just growing up. All that said he has to understand his social position (I think his brother understands much better). He's been given this priviledged life style in exchange for many of his personal freedoms. Unfortunately his choice of costumes was fairly arrogant and offensive to many people. Which one of us would wear that? I don't think he wore it with maliscious intent but it obviously comes across that way, there were a million different costumes he could have worn. I feel really bad for the kid and I wish the media would leave him alone but obviously people want to hear this type of thing. Tabloids are like any other business, if people want a product they will deliver it for profit. It's rather unfortunate how people get off on the misfortunes of the rich and famous but that's the way it is. He should realize this, especially now and attempt to clean up his act. If his scandalous life style dies down then perhaps the media will leave him alone but for right now he's a sitting duck, everything he does makes him a target.

Xtrema
01-17-2005, 09:40 AM
Harry is probably pretty fucked up with basically everyone know he is not son of Charles but just decided to look the other way.

Melinda
01-17-2005, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by Xtrema
Harry is probably pretty fucked up with basically everyone know he is not son of Charles but just decided to look the other way.
It has actually been said that the affair started after Harry was born so he apparently is infact Charles' son

fast95pony
01-17-2005, 10:31 AM
The British press are always trying to bring people down.They are scum.

:thumbsdow

DEREK57
01-17-2005, 01:16 PM
T-im is right. Becuase of the fact that he was born, he basically gets anything he wants, and will never have to work. The paparazzi and fame are the price you pay for a lavish life. Most people get kicked out of school for cheating, and he gets put into the newspaper, I dont pity him.

Melinda
01-17-2005, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by DEREK57
T-im is right. Becuase of the fact that he was born, he basically gets anything he wants, and will never have to work. The paparazzi and fame are the price you pay for a lavish life. Most people get kicked out of school for cheating, and he gets put into the newspaper, I dont pity him. yeah but he's shamed his whole family for cheating? Come on, how many people's cheating gets them condemned by the world for cheating on an art exam? I'm sure there have been quite a few times that he would gladly switch places with a 'normal' person, but I sure as hell wouldn't want to switch with him...having lots of stuff still doesn't make life all that great

DEREK57
01-17-2005, 07:14 PM
Originally posted by Melinda
yeah but he's shamed his whole family for cheating? Come on, how many people's cheating gets them condemned by the world for cheating on an art exam? I'm sure there have been quite a few times that he would gladly switch places with a 'normal' person, but I sure as hell wouldn't want to switch with him...having lots of stuff still doesn't make life all that great

I wouldnt mind switching life with him for a little while. But I'm not saying his life is great, I'm just saying that its not like he has it worse off then most of the people in the world. Its not neccesarily his cheating that makes him look like a loser, but the constant alcohol and drug abuse. Anyways, he probably likes the attention sometime, otherwise he wouldnt have worn a swastika to a party.

Tyler883
01-17-2005, 09:38 PM
He's probably still upset about his mother's death. That pavoratti guy hasn't spent one day in jail, yet!
;)

7thgenvic
01-17-2005, 09:55 PM
one of my best buddies from highschool actually goes to school with him in scotland, and said the kid pretty much is an asshole, as with the rest of harry's friends, and yes he really is and alcoholic and drug abuser!

Troy
01-17-2005, 10:43 PM
as is 80% of normal high school kids

szw
01-17-2005, 11:45 PM
He's just rebelling because he's not the good looking one.

Curious
01-18-2005, 12:29 AM
More Royal Family Mishaps.

http://edition.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/europe/01/13/britain.royals.reut/index.html

Melinda
01-18-2005, 12:31 AM
Originally posted by 7thgenvic
one of my best buddies from highschool actually goes to school with him in scotland, and said the kid pretty much is an asshole, as with the rest of harry's friends, and yes he really is and alcoholic and drug abuser!
And what percentage of 'normal' 20 year olds can say that they have never abused drugs or alcohol? I think if anything, he's a kid born into 'privledge' and he's trying as hard as he can just to be 'normal'. He is not really that different from 90% of the guys around his age in North America or Britain, yet he's the freaking devil for acting like all the rest of the boys his age who's grandmother isn't the queen.

All I'm saying is if Kobe can get away with rape, OJ can get away with murder and Hockey players can get away with vehicular manslaughter, how come Harry can't get away with drinking and wearing a very tasteless costume to a party with his friends?

Tyler883
01-18-2005, 12:57 AM
Originally posted by 7thgenvic

even assholes have feelings

7thgenvic
01-18-2005, 12:57 AM
Originally posted by Melinda

And what percentage of 'normal' 20 year olds can say that they have never abused drugs or alcohol? I think if anything, he's a kid born into 'privledge' and he's trying as hard as he can just to be 'normal'. He is not really that different from 90% of the guys around his age in North America or Britain, yet he's the freaking devil for acting like all the rest of the boys his age who's grandmother isn't the queen.

All I'm saying is if Kobe can get away with rape, OJ can get away with murder and Hockey players can get away with vehicular manslaughter, how come Harry can't get away with drinking and wearing a very tasteless costume to a party with his friends?

good thinking! i totally agree! so i don't really see the point in making a big deal, when in calgary alone, people probably had just as distastful costumes!

3g4me
01-18-2005, 12:09 PM
Ya i dont think it's that big of a problem, drinking and experimenting, but to wear a nazi costume is totally ludacris, obviously he knew that by wearing that costume that he would be in the spotlight for a week or two. I think this whole incident is the helpless cry out for attention by an asshole spoiled rich forgotten prince.

Z_Fan
01-18-2005, 12:40 PM
Well, scandal is never very far away from the Royal Family. How could it not be when the trivial lives of everyone who is not royal put the Royal Family under a compound microscope. For the most part, I remember when the Prince's were born. I remember when Diana was killed. I know Charles likes to muff-dive with Camilla. Other than that, I could care less what costume they select to go to a party. Although it is granted Harry's choice was of poor taste given the actions of the Nazi regime.

Let's face it, society is full of individuals whose lives are completely inconsequential. (Though few accept that.) Very few people actually lead lives of consequence to the rest of humanity, whom will be remembered more than one century after their death. Generally, people who leave legacy either make it out of their own actions and merit, or they are simply born - and society sees to the rest, especially if you are of Royal decent.

So many people are envious and jealous of the things other people possess or experience in their lives. These envied people become glorified and held to a much higher standard - an expectation that is levied upon them for no other reason than their last name. Tell me then - Why should they be forced to live their life, which they only get one go at, meeting criteria set out by other individuals - whom largely are of no consequence?

Good for Harry. Party it up. Break the society imposed rules. You're twenty and live but once.

How would you feel if your life, and the activities you participated in, were completely defined by other people? Well, you'd probably want to rebel, especially if you were a teenager or even in your twenties...hmmm, go figure!