PDA

View Full Version : Celica vs Civic

speedy2991
01-17-2005, 06:02 PM
which one is better in both interior and exterior and performance and handling

CelicaST-162
01-17-2005, 06:11 PM
Assuming you are talking about the 7th generation Celica, and whatever generation Civic..If I had to pick, crazy as it sounds I would pick the Civic....I hate the new Celica...Performance sucks, interior sucks, handling is semi OK...I hate both cars nonetheless:thumbsup:

Police
01-17-2005, 09:10 PM
Civic! the celica is ugly.

Police
01-17-2005, 09:12 PM
I choose Civic but actually it doesn't matter anyways even compared to a Hyundai Tiburon or a NEON everyone will jump on whatever that is NOT civic. Trust yourself and make the right choice.

88CRX
01-17-2005, 09:28 PM
never even considered the celica when i was looking at cars..... i think the new ones try too hard to look 'fast'

i dunno, i just dont really like them...

A_3
01-17-2005, 09:32 PM
I don't mind Celica's, the new generation is a little stepped up from the ones in the early 90's which were easily slower then my DX. I'm partial to Civics as I own one, but as long as i've had her she hasn't given me any problems. I'm sure the new SIR's easily take the new Celica GTS's, the SI is probably very similar. If you can get your hands on one I would try and pick up a gt-4 Celica, they're rare in Canada but you can find em. It's also personal preference though, go test drive both of them and decide what feels best for you. Good Luck. :thumbsup:

CryoCarnage
01-17-2005, 09:34 PM
You guys are on crack. Civics suck in general. Good aftermarket but who cares, dare to be different. anyway the only civic that actually causght my eye is the Sir...

Toms-SC
01-17-2005, 09:47 PM
So the Civic is a better performer how exactly? Talk out of your asses lately? :)

Police
01-17-2005, 11:48 PM
NO NOT CIVIC, Civic SIR why don't you read carefully next time and once you do go search up Civic, then Civic Si, then Civic SIR cause i take it you can't tell the difference but thats ok some people learn slower then others.:thumbsup: Hey guess what my turbo geo rapes MUSTANGS...no not 5.0L DUUH. Civic bashing threads are getting so old now when will people ever grow up.:confused:

markymark
01-18-2005, 12:05 AM
The al trac celicas were awesome . :thumbsup: Better than any civic imo. But the newer celicas are pretty weak. :thumbsdow

finboy
01-18-2005, 12:11 AM
none of the above, but if i had to choose, civic.

the new celica's are SLOW (so are civic's, but they are more entertaining to drive).

heavyD
01-18-2005, 08:52 AM
Is this new or used? What years? Pointless without that info. Celica has been cancelled by Toyota and the civic is vanilla. That said I'll take a late model Celica over any civic any day. I used to be a big Honda fan but they haven't brought out anything exciting since the S2000.

statick
01-18-2005, 09:31 AM
out of those 2 i would go for a celica, but u shoudl drive em both, compare prices, look at reliability all that before buying.

in terms of speed they are both mid 15 second cars at sea level i believe.

Xtrema
01-18-2005, 10:13 AM
Celica come across quite feminine IMO. And cockpit is definitely not for anyone over 5'10". Interior is pretty good but the car is way over priced, under powered.

Civics are ugly and has a very dated interior. Tough as nail but it does't stand out at all. Like the SIR's peformance but it's discontinued, non-SIRs are all pussies with stock 127HP engine. But if you're one of those people like to waste money on aftermarket mods, Civic would be the perfect platform.

Celica has been discontinued and new Civic will be here this Sept/Oct. So both should over some discounts.

But bang for the buck and if you like the retro look, new Mustangs are actually pretty good.

CryoCarnage
01-18-2005, 10:53 AM
Not to be biased or anything, but i'd take a celica anyday. But personally i'd take an older model, i just think they look cooler. The only reason i got my 04 is cause my wife wanted a new car :s. Whore haha jk i love her till death.

statick
01-18-2005, 11:08 AM
:werd: IMO the ST205 was the best celica ever to be in production...2.2 l motor, looks sweet :D

Toms-SC
01-18-2005, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by Police
NO NOT CIVIC, Civic SIR why don't you read carefully next time and once you do go search up Civic, then Civic Si, then Civic SIR cause i take it you can't tell the difference but thats ok some people learn slower then others.:thumbsup: Hey guess what my turbo geo rapes MUSTANGS...no not 5.0L DUUH. Civic bashing threads are getting so old now when will people ever grow up.:confused:

Im still not following chief, how does making it an SiR make a difference when the Celica is still LIGHTER, and has 20 more HORSEPOWER? :confused:

88CRX
01-18-2005, 11:58 PM
Originally posted by Toms-SC

Im still not following chief, how does making it an SiR make a difference when the Celica is still LIGHTER, and has 20 more HORSEPOWER? :confused:

yup.... and more money.... and funny looking to boot.

but wait.... thats my opinion.... let me bet, yours is different lol

crazydave
01-19-2005, 01:01 AM
i like the civics. but id would opt for a turbo alltrac celica over most cars:drool: but if you are talking newer, i dont mind the bodystyles of either, probly go with the 04civic sir...mmmm VTEC!

civic_rida
01-19-2005, 01:19 AM
04 civic sir is slower than celica gts.
00 civic sir is also so slower.

The new sir looks like a squished mini van .

I use to own a 2000 civic sir so im not being biased . It had a header, cold air intake and exhaust still wasnt close lack of torque.

The new sir is like the same power as a base model rsx . HOw can you compare the two.

CryoCarnage
01-19-2005, 10:59 AM
Look at my pic. heh found it on the net and it displays my liking for Toyot Vs Honda. Cept for the S2000, on of my friend owns one and the shifting feels so natural.

Godfuader
01-19-2005, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by CryoCarnage
Look at my pic. heh found it on the net and it displays my liking for Toyot Vs Honda.

:rofl: priceless!....where did u find it?

calgarygts
01-19-2005, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by A_3
I'm sure the new SIR's easily take the new Celica GTS's

hahahahahahahahaha

1badPT
01-19-2005, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by heavyD
Is this new or used? What years? Pointless without that info. Celica has been cancelled by Toyota and the civic is vanilla. That said I'll take a late model Celica over any civic any day. I used to be a big Honda fan but they haven't brought out anything exciting since the S2000.
:werd:

tho the last gen Celica was pretty much vanilla with a drop of chocolate... its better than a Civic, but not by much. Older Celicas were :thumbsup:

Canaduh
01-19-2005, 12:39 PM
They dont call them sh*tvic's for nothing......... the fact that the toyota has an agressive style makes it unique. Granted I think they tried a little too hard to make it look sporty however, I'd drive a ride on lawn mower before I'd have a civic. Something about all the lil ricer kiddies with the lunchbox handle spoilers and big ol fart pipes that supposedly makes them "fast" has turned me off them. You see the odd nice example running around but those are very few and far between.

:drama:

calgarygts
01-19-2005, 02:26 PM
I agree that the alltrac and gt4's were great cars, with huge potential. You can't overlook the current gen though, many people seem misinformed about them. They are the fastest production celica available in north america, the only faster models were not sold here (ST205). Think of the celica GTS being between a GSR and ITR. Maybe a little closer to the ITR as an overall car. Civic SIR? Not even close.

heavyD
01-19-2005, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by 1badPT

:werd:

tho the last gen Celica was pretty much vanilla with a drop of chocolate... its better than a Civic, but not by much. Older Celicas were :thumbsup:

I dislike the looks of older Celicas especially the Del Sol rip-off front end ones.:barf: No Celica was ever fastest in class or best looking in class, they are just your typical reliable Toyota with a bit of flair. The old all-trac turbos were slower than the present models albeit with better modding potential so let's not get too carried away that the Celica is/was a world beater as they have never been as good as the Civic based Integra.

PhenomSE
01-20-2005, 12:08 AM
You guys are telling me that a Civic can run with a RSX Type-S?! Probably not...now a Celica GT-S runs pretty close with a Type-S. And so you know...more than 75% of you have not driven a newer Celica...they handle like a dream!! They may not have the torque of an RSX Type-S...But will outhandle one anyday of the week! And I am not biased since I drove a '00 Civic for 2 years and test drove an RSX before I bought my Celica.

calgarygts
01-20-2005, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by heavyD

I dislike the looks of older Celicas especially the Del Sol rip-off front end ones.:barf: No Celica was ever fastest in class or best looking in class, they are just your typical reliable Toyota with a bit of flair. The old all-trac turbos were slower than the present models albeit with better modding potential so let's not get too carried away that the Celica is/was a world beater as they have never been as good as the Civic based Integra.

I'm surprised you would take this stance as you seem to be a big DSM fan. The 4G63 has been compared to the 3S-GTE so many times it's silly. They're in similar cars with similar modding potential. To each their own I guess.....
And whoever said celicas handle like crap, when's the last time you drove a celica and then a civic sir? I did it last summer and the results will shock you! The celica had better handling.

zoorocz
01-20-2005, 01:13 PM
Im shocked :eek:

ex1z7
01-21-2005, 04:16 AM
IMO - Celica, Civics are crazyily common, and I don't like the look of them at all anymore, they look like a shoe or something. if I were to go Honda vs. Celica I'd pick the Integra, just because I'm a fan of the look more then the civic.

Go Celica, they look mean, and their roughly the same as the Civic.

heavyD
01-21-2005, 09:07 AM
Originally posted by calgarygts

I'm surprised you would take this stance as you seem to be a big DSM fan. The 4G63 has been compared to the 3S-GTE so many times it's silly. They're in similar cars with similar modding potential. To each their own I guess.....
And whoever said celicas handle like crap, when's the last time you drove a celica and then a civic sir? I did it last summer and the results will shock you! The celica had better handling.

Hey man I voted for the Celica. I lke the 3S-GTE equipped Celica's but there were so few sold that it's not really relevant in a discussion of Celica vs Civic. Celicas are one of the best handling FWD cars available, it's just too bad that Toyota jumped on the torqueless/high rpm engine bandwagon after everyone else including Honda (K-series engines produce a fair bit more torques than the B-series engines) jumped off.

calgarygts
01-21-2005, 03:11 PM
I like the high revving engine, but probably because I've never owned a turbo or high torque vehicle. And I suppose most guys don't really want the handling but more the straight line acceleration. All the same, a celica will hand it to a civic pretty hard either way.

speedy2991
03-22-2005, 02:56 PM
i do have to agree that the celica has the best exterior look, besides, the civic is a family/sports car, whereas the celica, is sport only

Rayme
03-22-2005, 03:23 PM
the sad thing is that toyota has decided to give north american celica their camry engine. Everywhere else in the world the 90-99 celica received teh 3s-ge ranging from 157 to almost 200 HP, and the GT-FOUR version had the turbo 3s-gte ranging from 225-270 HP. In a general view, theres no comparaison to the vanilla civic offered. The Type-R civic would be a good contender but a joke compared the the AWD turbos. Our 90-99 celica begs for an engine swap so badly.

As far as 7th gen celica, I don't consider them celica, should have had another name...but I'd still rock one

Kouki R32
03-22-2005, 03:35 PM
RIP Celica.....

Now if we could convince Toyota Canada to bring in the Scion TC ;)

civic_rida
03-22-2005, 03:42 PM
Im happy with my celica i should be at 180-190whp n/a or close to that after my car gets tuned and weighing in at 2500 pounds.

Nissanaddict
03-22-2005, 04:30 PM
I vote Celica by my opinion, but driving a AE92 Corolla and a 1991 Accord (Closest to either car I've driven) it's tough to say which one's plain more comfortable to drive. (plus that was a while ago, when I Was less critical of such things)

Godfuader
03-22-2005, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by Rayme
As far as 7th gen celica, I don't consider them celica, should have had another name...but I'd still rock one

That was my opinion at the start of production mainly due to a torqueless engine that hondas were famous for. After driving one, i must say those cars just wonderful. The fact that they are toyota made it very attractive indeed. For the styling, people were too pleased with the 90-99 styling and were a bit intimidated by the futuristic styling. BUT, if u think about it...compare the '89 to the '90 and you can see how consumers a decade ago were considering the '90 Celica 'a design from the future'. Back in '90 there weren't many cars with the curves and styling of a Celica. It was in a styling class of its own. In 2000, again, Toyota styled a car unlike anything offered in the market. For having unparalleled design and a distinctive flair, the Gen. 7 (after some thinking) was a fitting continuation to the CELICA name.

Rayme
03-22-2005, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by Godfuader

That was my opinion at the start of production mainly due to a torqueless engine that hondas were famous for. After driving one, i must say those cars just wonderful. The fact that they are toyota made it very attractive indeed. For the styling, people were too pleased with the 90-99 styling and were a bit intimidated by the futuristic styling. BUT, if u think about it...compare the '89 to the '90 and you can see how consumers a decade ago were considering the '90 Celica 'a design from the future'. Back in '90 there weren't many cars with the curves and styling of a Celica. It was in a styling class of its own. In 2000, again, Toyota styled a car unlike anything offered in the market. For having unparalleled design and a distinctive flair, the Gen. 7 (after some thinking) was a fitting continuation to the CELICA name.

I still think the engine is bad choice, not a bad engine but a choice. The 99 Celica SS-II had a 2.0 liter 3s-ge that delivered almost 200 HP and way more torque than the flimsy 1.8 2zz-ge! I don't see the logic, and the 6th generation wasn't that heavy too...

But it's still a nice car I agree, I drove a GT and can only imagine the joy of an extra 40 HP and 2000 more RPM to play in ;)

Godfuader
03-23-2005, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by Rayme

I still think the engine is bad choice, not a bad engine but a choice. The 99 Celica SS-II had a 2.0 liter 3s-ge that delivered almost 200 HP and way more torque than the flimsy 1.8 2zz-ge! I don't see the logic, and the 6th generation wasn't that heavy too...

But it's still a nice car I agree, I drove a GT and can only imagine the joy of an extra 40 HP and 2000 more RPM to play in ;)

I was refering to the stylings of the celicas from 90 to now and how Toyota has continued their stand-out designs. As for the engine, that goes for 90% of imports. Heck, my car lost 35hp coming to North America. Toyota, my guess, wanted to get into the aftermarket tuning industry, and brought out a torque-less engine, then offered various TRD parts as well as other companies bringing out add-ons. The 2zz engine is quite a reliable engine as well and has been proved extensively flexible for aftermarket products in Japan and has been swapped into MR-S with great results. Im just upset that the Gen. 7 never had 4WD Turbo series (ST225?)

StraightFlush
03-23-2005, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by statick

in terms of speed they are both mid 15 second cars at sea level i believe.

I believe you are misinformed. :)

My 2000 GTS 6spd hit 15.2 @ 91mph at race city with exhaust/intake. With a 35shot of nitrous that time went down to 14.5 @ 97mph. You can toss those numbers into an altitude correction factor if you really want sea level figures... :poosie:

civic_rida
03-23-2005, 10:56 PM
i wanna break into the 14's i think ill be able to .

StraightFlush
03-23-2005, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by civic_rida
i wanna break into the 14's i think ill be able to .

What are your mods??

comb
03-23-2005, 11:31 PM
I'd prolly pick the civic, I cant stand celica's

civic_rida
03-24-2005, 01:45 AM
i got powerfc , cai, n exhaust

speedy2991
03-27-2005, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by comb
I'd prolly pick the civic, I cant stand celica's

why can't you stand celicas???:confused: :confused: :confused: