PDA

View Full Version : Spike TV: Ultimate Fighter

Pages : [1] 2 3

hockeybronx
01-17-2005, 11:27 PM
I know this is entertainment, but I think it would interest more people in the Health/Fitness section.

Did anybody catch the first episode of Ultimate Fighter tonight? I decided to check it out and it seemed like a pretty cool show.

It definetely shows the struggle between what your body is capable of and what you mind is capable of. Physically all of the fighters are in pretty similar shape, but various attitudes, levels of determination, and sacrifice are what divides the top contestants from the other guys.

I know it's yet another reality show, but it seemed like a fresh new look on primetime TV.

SteveMo600
01-17-2005, 11:48 PM
I just watched it and it seems like a sweet show. Randy Couture and Chuck Liddell are two really tough guys and they're perfect for the show. It's just another reality TV show but I'll definitely watch it.

The Canadian punk is not really representing our country well. He was going to bitch out after the first day.

sexualbanana
01-18-2005, 12:25 AM
The dude that was last pick is Canadian? I didn't know that. I caught the last half hour or so. That's probably where I missed it.

But back on topic, the show does look pretty cool. Pretty interesting. But I'd kick all their asses. . . . . . . :rofl: I can't say that with a straight face.

Dave P
01-18-2005, 12:48 AM
http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=73403&highlight=fight+shows

There are a few shows. i love them

awd
01-20-2005, 08:09 PM
Looks good, its cool that Couture and Liddell are coaching.

Although, I wish it was PRIDE not pussy UFC sponsoring it. All those kids would get eaten alive in PRIDE -- Ikuhisa Minowa, Wanderlei Silva, Kazushi Sakuraba, or Mirko Crocop against any of these UFC "candidates" would be a joke.

rvd
01-20-2005, 08:16 PM
Originally posted by awd
Looks good, its cool that Couture and Liddell are coaching.

Although, I wish it was PRIDE not pussy UFC sponsoring it. All those kids would get eaten alive in PRIDE -- Ikuhisa Minowa, Wanderlei Silva, Kazushi Sakuraba, or Mirko Crocop against any of these UFC "candidates" would be a joke.

Right..... So Silva vs. Couture would be a shoe-in for Silva, who just lost his first fight? hahahah.

awd
01-20-2005, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by rvd

Right..... So Silva vs. Couture would be a shoe-in for Silva, who just lost his first fight? hahahah.

Don't put words in my mouth -- Although, now that you said it - yes, I think Silva could take Couture -- would be a great fight though. Too bad it would never happen.

gatorade
01-21-2005, 02:03 AM
UFC = BUMFIGHTS

FROM JAPAN, SAKURABA KAZUSHI!

FROM BRAZIL, VANDERLEI SILVA

Weapon_R
01-21-2005, 02:48 AM
Originally posted by awd

Don't put words in my mouth -- Although, now that you said it - yes, I think Silva could take Couture -- would be a great fight though. Too bad it would never happen.

:eek:

Silva isn't even on the same level as Couture...which is why it'd never even happen. Silva is an animal in the ring, but he doesn't have the technique that couture does...

awd
01-21-2005, 09:10 AM
Originally posted by Weapon_R

Silva isn't even on the same level as Couture...which is why it'd never even happen. Silva is an animal in the ring, but he doesn't have the technique that couture does...

I agree, he does have the "technique" of pinning guys against the cage -- that only works in UFC, in Pride they would be stood back up.

Wandy would have the clear advantage in Pride (ring), Randy in UFC (cage).

Either way it would be a great fight we will never see.

rvd
01-21-2005, 11:06 AM
Hey who knows Silva showed at UFC to watch Couture, and Couture was at Pride to watch Silva. It could happen 1 day.

awd
01-21-2005, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by rvd
Hey who knows Silva showed at UFC to watch Couture, and Couture was at Pride to watch Silva. It could happen 1 day.

Actually in a recent interview with Sherdog, Wandy spoke about it -- he wants the fight. I am sure Couture would too -- the problem is the politics between UFC and Pride. Who knows Couture's contract with UFC is up pretty soon...just better be quick he isn't getting any younger.

awd
01-24-2005, 10:21 AM
Just a reminder:

Ultimate Fighter tonight @ 9pm - Spike TV.

I wonder what will happy to our smelly canadian boy tonight :drama:

hockeybronx
02-01-2005, 12:13 AM
Did anybody catch tonights episode?

I thought it was pretty sweet. They sure dramatized the hell out of the black guy losing all of that weight.

Although I can't stand most of what's on TV right now, this series seems to be pretty sweet. It really shows the value of mental toughness when most guys are pretty equal physically.

cman
02-01-2005, 12:16 AM
i saw it for the first time tonight, worked for the first one and forgot to record.
i cant believe he made weight, 20 pounds lost in 26 hours. that looked soooooooo brutal, then he went out and won the fight. amazing.

btw which guy is canadian???

awd
02-01-2005, 11:20 AM
Canadian was punted at the end of last week's show -- I think it was a good thing though, he seemed really out of his league.

Good to finally see a fight though, last week was gay.

cbk4lyf
02-01-2005, 01:07 PM
Yeah, its about time they start fightin each other....the only thing bad about Ultimate fighter is that it ends at 10:05ish and it runs into my "24" show!!!!.....damn....haha

in the show, it said, their is a difference betwwen losin weight and cuttin weight....basically cuttin weight is to dehydrate yourself.....ie:workin out in the sauna to sweat more.....are there any other methods to cut weight besides the sauna??....maybe doin cardio in sweater??....

hockeybronx
02-02-2005, 02:31 AM
Originally posted by cbk4lyf
Yeah, its about time they start fightin each other....the only thing bad about Ultimate fighter is that it ends at 10:05ish and it runs into my "24" show!!!!.....damn....haha

in the show, it said, their is a difference betwwen losin weight and cuttin weight....basically cuttin weight is to dehydrate yourself.....ie:workin out in the sauna to sweat more.....are there any other methods to cut weight besides the sauna??....maybe doin cardio in sweater??....

That is a very good description of the difference between cutting and losing weight.

As far as other methods to cut weight goes, the guy in the sauna was wearing track pants and a sweater while he was in there. As far as I'm concerned, doing anything that makes you sweat profusely for an extended period of time would be considered cutting weight. The key is that there is more than just water in sweat so that is why he was able to lose the weight, but then still hydrate himself after for the fight.

Loose
02-03-2005, 10:28 PM
Hey bitches! Anyone in town know Nick Ring? He used to kickbox through National Kickboxing (Mike Miles) and now trains at BDB. He just got signed to PRIDE......

http://www.sherdog.com/news/articles.asp?n_id=2375

Edit: And if you don't know these gyms, they're local.

pyro
02-07-2005, 11:25 PM
so did anyone watch it tonight (tues) the middle weight fight was brutal the one guy got his ass handed to him in like the first 2 min.

Dave P
02-07-2005, 11:29 PM
Deiago is a fag, i wish he got knocked out.

Next week looks good. rumble in the house

hockeybronx
02-08-2005, 12:27 AM
Crap I missed it this week, I catch it for sure next week.

cman
02-08-2005, 12:32 AM
fuck i missed it also. hopefully there is a re-run i can catch.

Dave P
02-08-2005, 08:25 AM
i think sat the reply it

awd
02-08-2005, 08:34 AM
I can't stand Diego -- that said he took Alex to school on the ground. Alex's ground work is just too weak, he was useless in the guard.

Now what I want to see is Chris Leben knock Diego and/or Josh K out.

If you missed it...

Fri, February 11 @ 12:00 AM
Sat, February 12 @ 7:00 PM
Sun, February 13 @ 5:00 PM

Dave P
02-08-2005, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by awd

I was so hoping that chirs and josh were gonna fight. I wanna see leben win the whole thing

awd
02-08-2005, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by Dave P

I was so hoping that chirs and josh were gonna fight. I wanna see leben win the whole thing

haha - I am with you, he is a cocky prick but I like his style. Seen his MMA record? 10 - 0 - 1

My money is on him for the middleweights.

cman
02-08-2005, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by awd
I can't stand Diego -- that said he took Alex to school on the ground. Alex's ground work is just too weak, he was useless in the guard.

If you missed it...

Fri, February 11 @ 12:00 AM
Sat, February 12 @ 7:00 PM
Sun, February 13 @ 5:00 PM

awesome, thanks man

awd
02-08-2005, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by cman

awesome, thanks man

np, just make sure to doublecheck the times -- I think those are a different timezone.

pyro
02-08-2005, 03:57 PM
ya next weeks looks awesome i wonder who gets kicked out for breaking the rules. i also hope Chris Leben wins it

pyro
02-14-2005, 11:10 PM
wow this episode was freaking awesome and next weeks fight is going to be insane. jeez i hope leben kills that one guy. :thumbsup:

SteveMo600
02-14-2005, 11:15 PM
DUDE...that show was awesome. Leben is going to fuck up that Josh fag. I can't wait til next week. I WANT THEM TO FIGHT NOW!

Dave P
02-14-2005, 11:17 PM
Josh and Bobby are fuckin goofs.

I hope leben wops his ass, but if you look at the credits, its a pic of josh taking chris down.

lets hope that blonde fuck gets whats coming to him, then bobby.

This show is great. haha I have got my mom of all people hooked on it haha

legendboy
02-15-2005, 09:49 AM
Ya i hope Leben "smashes his skull in" :thumbsup:

Leben is definatly my fav guy on that show, he's a badassmouthafucka

awd
02-15-2005, 12:28 PM
Wow, no fighting but still a great show.

I want to see chris kill josh k.

I am glad Bobby didn't get punted either -- I want to see him get tuned.

Any betters for the fight next week? :D

My money is on Leben.

ecstasy_civic
02-16-2005, 12:03 AM
Originally posted by awd

My money is on Leben.

Me too
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

hes fuckin crazy:eek: :D

sexualbanana
02-17-2005, 09:25 PM
That whole show was messed.

I'm sure the night was semi-planned. By that I mean the producers probably thought this:

We have a big group of big, tough fuckers who probably have a few issues that would surface when they get drunk.

You don't have to be a rocket scientist to know that giving these guys alcohol was going to result in shit getting broken.

Bobby was cold! That was probably the single worst thing you could say to any person. Definitely a low blow.

Diego (I think that's his name) is a dick.

Leben I think overreacted in destroying shit. It was partially justified in that Bobby really got under his skin, but punching doors and stuff was a bad idea.

But all in all, it'll be a good fight next week. :thumbsup:

awd
02-18-2005, 09:56 AM
Interesting tidbit:

Chris Leben is a team member of Team Quest -- Randy Couture's organization in Oregon.

And if you watch the Swick-Leben fight (the one prior to the show, Leben dominated the entire fight) Randy is in Leben's corner.

awd
02-18-2005, 10:27 AM
Here is footage of the Leben vs. Doerksen fight (Joe Doerksen is a tough canadian kid). Just be aware Doerksen is a an extremely experienced ranked fighter with 35+ fights under his belt.

This fight is Leben's only loss so far.

http://www.mmadvd.com/video/aggressiontv_doerksen_leben.wmv

RiceCube
02-20-2005, 05:40 PM
ok if uve seen the show u kno wut i talkin about WTF IS WITH THEIR EARS there like cabbages is it cuz all the supplements or just beatings ? :barf:

Dave P
02-20-2005, 06:21 PM
caused by grappling and people pulling and pushing on them i believe

hockeybronx
02-20-2005, 10:44 PM
Originally posted by RiceCube
ok if uve seen the show u kno wut i talkin about WTF IS WITH THEIR EARS there like cabbages is it cuz all the supplements or just beatings ? :barf:

It's called cauliflower ear and it's from the rubbing / impact sustained to your ears while wrestling, sparring, and training.

I caught I re-run of this weeks episode, although that Chris guy is all fired up, I think Bobby is going to kick his ass since he's bigger, and Chris had a busted up knuckle as well.

Really liking the show though:thumbsup:

ecstasy_civic
02-20-2005, 10:46 PM
Originally posted by hockeybronx

It's called cauliflower ear and it's from the rubbing / impact sustained to your ears while wrestling, sparring, and training.

I caught I re-run of this weeks episode, although that Chris guy is all fired up, I think Bobby is going to kick his ass since he's bigger, and Chris had a busted up knuckle as well.

Really liking the show though:thumbsup:

bobby would kick chris's ass, thats why chris is fighting josh, a guy in his same weight division:rofl:

hockeybronx
02-20-2005, 10:58 PM
Originally posted by ecstasy_civic
bobby would kick chris's ass, thats why chris is fighting josh, a guy in his same weight division:rofl:

Oh yeah my bad sorry:nut:

I haven't seen much about Josh, but I'd say Josh would still win.

ecstasy_civic
02-20-2005, 11:00 PM
I think if leben gets to wound up it might put him at a disadvantage, but if he can keep it together hes gonna hurt josh pretty bad:burnout:

RiceCube
02-21-2005, 10:41 AM
yo but hes meant to be a macho macho man yet he balls like that man... common....

pyro
02-21-2005, 05:33 PM
comes on tonight at 9 on spike tv :thumbsup:

project240
02-21-2005, 05:34 PM
Can't wait to see Josh get his ass kicked by Chris

cman
02-21-2005, 06:07 PM
thanks for the reminder pyro, i missed the one 2 weeks ago and worked through it last week. i cant wait.

AcuraTl
02-21-2005, 07:22 PM
fuck i want christ to win, Josh is a fagget, literally a fagget

joseph
02-21-2005, 11:15 PM
That fight was horrible. :thumbsdow :whipped: Josh knew Chris was gonna kick his ass so he came in with the idea of keeping him locked up on the floor...so he couldn't KICK his ass. I hope they do like Survivor and bring him back.:devil:

project240
02-21-2005, 11:17 PM
Yeah, that was a sad fight... I doubt they'll bring him back, but I hope they fight again sometime. I doubt that would even happen though... you could tell before the fight Josh was nervous, kind of a shallow victory in my opinion...

Nevertheless a win is a win...

It's Chris' fault for letting it go to the judges

pyro
02-21-2005, 11:28 PM
that was by far the sadest excuse for a fight ever damn im pissed. :banghead: chris should of dominated that guy he let his emotions get the best of him, i was really hoping he would of killed him, hopefully they will fight again someday

Dave P
02-21-2005, 11:28 PM
Thats whats wrong with UFC, fights goto the mat, not only are they boring, but like leben said, he wasnt even hurt.

Chris fights on team quest now, so the show looks like it paid off for him.

joseph
02-21-2005, 11:56 PM
If they ever have to fight in the future I'll pay for pay-per view just to see Josh get wrecked:thumbsup:

pyro
02-22-2005, 12:01 AM
ya i doubt josh will ever fight chris, josh would be to scared and now he can wave it in chris's face. but if they do it would be one hell of a fight (of course thats what i thought about the one tonight and it sucked so...hopefully chris would get his act together):thumbsup:

RiceCube
02-22-2005, 09:16 AM
fuck man, i really wanna see a rematch...

awd
02-22-2005, 09:26 AM
Not impressed, terrible fight.

Leben fucked up bad -- he wasn't able to set up any combinations, although he did he have a few good sprawls defending Josh's takedowns.

I think two short rounds is unfair -- gives the wrestler an extreme advantage: just hold the guy down, no need to even strike, just smother him and you will win.

At least if you are going to play the 'ground n' pound' style don't leave out the 'pound' -- josh seemed out of his element when trying to strike in the guard. He had numerous chances to mash leben with elbows and forearms but he did not take them.

Either way Leben is on his way to the UFC regardless, his record and affiliation with Team Quest alone will get him there.

awd
02-22-2005, 09:31 AM
Thats whats wrong with UFC, fights goto the mat, not only are they boring, but like leben said, he wasnt even hurt.

Chris fights on team quest now, so the show looks like it paid off for him.

They only go to the mat if the striker is unable to sprawl -- most of the top strikers can defend the ground game. Look at PRIDE 29 this weekend -- Mirko Cro Cop (K1 champion kickboxer)murdered Mark Coleman (the olympic wrestler) because did not let it go to the ground.

Thing is the ground n' pound is a very successful style -- look at Randy Couture and Tito Ortiz, that is how these guys win: takedown, full mount and rain elbows and forearms until the dude is KO'd or taps.

He was a Team Quest member long before the show -- how do you think he got on the show ;)

Dave P
02-22-2005, 09:38 AM
Originally posted by awd

They only go to the mat if the striker is unable to sprawl -- most of the top strikers can defend the ground game. Look at PRIDE 29 this weekend -- Mirko Cro Cop (K1 champion kickboxer)murdered Mark Coleman (the olympic wrestler) because did not let it go to the ground.

Thing is the ground n' pound is a very successful style -- look at Randy Couture and Tito Ortiz, that is how these guys win: takedown, full mount and rain elbows and forearms until the dude is KO'd or taps.

He was a Team Quest member long before the show -- how do you think he got on the show ;)

Yes but there are very few ufc fighters that can defend and attack from the guard. When you have fights with fighters like coture, ortiz etc, yes it is very exciting, but when its two inexperienced ground fighters, watching them smother each other is pretty boring.

I knew he was on quest before, but i meant i think since the show he has being in a lot of bigger fights impacting his career more.

awd
02-22-2005, 09:52 AM

Yes but there are very few ufc fighters that can defend and attack from the guard. When you have fights with fighters like coture, ortiz etc, yes it is very exciting, but when its two inexperienced ground fighters, watching them smother each other is pretty boring.

I knew he was on quest before, but i meant i think since the show he has being in a lot of bigger fights impacting his career more.

Agreed, it is very boring to watch two guys cuddle on the ground for 5 minutes.

UFC does not have the variety and skill level of fighters that PRIDE does -- just math really: more money = better fighters.

The evolution of strikers is changing now -- you get guys like Quinton, Fedor, Mirko and Igor that are able to break a grapplers guard, stand and beat their face in. You don't see it as much in UFC because the calibre of fighter is not the same.

Chuck Liddell went over to PRIDE for a few fights, did alright against the average guy but when put up against a PRIDE contender, ie. Quinton "Rampage" Jackson he got murdered.

I am curious to see if Randy Couture will actually fight Wanderlei Silva from PRIDE -- that would be something to see.

Who watched UFC 51 last week? See Vitor get manhandled by Tito? it was sad -- that and Tito calling Ken Shamrock, "Slamcock" after the fight, those two will be fighting again in April.

pyro
02-28-2005, 07:50 PM
just another reminder its on tonight(monday) spike tv at 9 :thumbsup:

danno
02-28-2005, 07:59 PM
ohhh good call almost forgot about it. thanks man

SteveMo600
02-28-2005, 08:00 PM
I'm definitely going to watch it...thanks for the reminder pyro :thumbsup:

awd
02-28-2005, 10:58 PM
great light heavyweight bout, round 2 starts in a minute.

I hoping Bobby gets KO'd.

legendboy
02-28-2005, 11:15 PM
Good fight! I'm glad bobby lost, what a fuckin baby :cry:

I think their bringing chris back :clap:

Dave P
02-28-2005, 11:23 PM
Thank God Bobby is out.

danno
02-28-2005, 11:25 PM
it was close bobby did more damage, but i'm glad he's gone as well

danno
02-28-2005, 11:29 PM
bobby:cry:
stephan:eek: i won???:clap:

pyro
02-28-2005, 11:29 PM
ya that was one of the better fights so far, im glad bobby's gone :thumbsup: ya hopefully chris comes back

cman
02-28-2005, 11:36 PM
im glad bobby is gone, but i dont think that was a fair decision. should have gone to a third round IMO.
great fight though.

saiyajin
03-01-2005, 12:03 AM
next week looks sweet and ya i think theyre bringing leben back cuz...i cant really think of any of the previous guys that were eliminated that would be worthy to return IMO

hockeybronx
03-01-2005, 12:04 AM
Originally posted by RiceCube

Look up about 15 posts where we talked about this a couple weeks ago.

Wildcat
03-01-2005, 12:14 AM
^wtf? is that kid serious? ricecube < retard

it was one of the better fights ive seen on the show. i think it shouldve gone another round, but the win was still well deserved. watching these fights on TV and watching live events is such a shock, these guys on TV are just dripping with inexperiance.

i think if they have a second season that they should put a mole on the show. like a very experianced fighter that isnt well known, that would be an interesting twist.

awd
03-01-2005, 09:04 AM
"Take your licks and hold your head up high..." - Bobby Southworth.

Is what he said in regards to Leben, way to live up to your own words asshole - hahahaha.

Great fight, tough decision though - could have went a third but to be honest Stefan was more aggressive even though a few of Bobby's punches rocked him.

Southworth is 34 and he has been doing this for a LONG time, if he was any good he would have dominated Stefan and moved on.

sidenote:

Looks like Leben is coming back hey? I knew Team Quest would find a way back for him.

legendboy
03-01-2005, 09:08 AM
Maybe the "controversy" around this last fight will result in bobby staying, but them bringing chris back.

awd
03-01-2005, 09:14 AM
Originally posted by legendboy
Maybe the &quot;controversy&quot; around this last fight will result in bobby staying, but them bringing chris back.

Nahh, it is Leben for sure. Although, I don't believe it is fair to bring someone back that was eliminated if it is going to be anyone he is the guy. People that have only seen him fight in that josh crotch-check hugging match haven't seen what he can do.

Bonner definately won the first round, and the second round was close, so Bonner should have won. Chuck thought it was going to a 3rd round so he obviously didn't think Bobby deserved to win.

Much respect for Bonner though, he took some good shots and kept pushing forward like a train.

ecstasy_civic
03-01-2005, 04:30 PM
I liked when they showed the preview for next week and Booby is beeking @ Dana White and Dana lets Bobby have it, im pretty sure Leben is coming back, and im pretty sure hes gonna boot fuck crotch-chek:rofl: :angel:

legendboy
03-01-2005, 04:36 PM
i hope so man, i bet ratings plumeted after chris was booted hehe

SteveMo600
03-01-2005, 04:53 PM
I absolutely hate Bobby and Josh. They're just too cocky. They think they're good fighters cause they got invited to this show and won a couple fights but big deal. Throw them into the ring with some decent UFC fighters and they'd get their asses handed to them. The guys on this show should be a lot less cocky and more thankful for the opportunity that they have. Learn as much as you can and stop thinking about how great you are.

I can't wait for next weeks show when Bobby lips off Dana. Dana is not the kind of guy to lip off, I hope he gives him a mouth full.

cbk4lyf
03-01-2005, 04:55 PM
its called cauliflower ears....very common with wrestlers, grapplers, rugby players etc....not from drugs or anything like that.....

its from all the abuse the ear takes and it turns into that thing on the side of their heads they call ears.....hahaha

awd
03-01-2005, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by legendboy
i hope so man, i bet ratings plumeted after chris was booted hehe

I think it is, if you look at the preview it is his shoes and baggy torn up jeans -- no one else dressed like that.

I am thinking they need a MW - since Team Couture is hurting for MWs. That and he is colourful, and the show needs some spark again.

You guys wait til Forrest gets in the ring, he is a murderer.

Many viewers assume that these guys haven't fought big name guys -- but some have, Southworth went toe-to-toe with Vitor a few years back (vitor had to choke him right out, bobby refused to submit). Forrest has fought Severn, Horn, Monsoon...

My money is on Forrest for the LHW winner of this entire show.

sidenote:

Ken Shamrock Vs. Rich Franklin for the The Ultimate Fighter Final Episode.

awd
03-01-2005, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by SteveMo600
I absolutely hate Bobby and Josh. They're just too cocky. They think they're good fighters cause they got invited to this show and won a couple fights but big deal. Throw them into the ring with some decent UFC fighters and they'd get their asses handed to them. The guys on this show should be a lot less cocky and more thankful for the opportunity that they have. Learn as much as you can and stop thinking about how great you are.

I can't wait for next weeks show when Bobby lips off Dana. Dana is not the kind of guy to lip off, I hope he gives him a mouth full.

Don't get me wrong man, I can't stand Southworth but he HAS been in the ring with more than a few "decent" fighters, ie. Vitor Belfort.

Bobby Southworth is a tough guy with extremely heavy hands, his problem is laziness.

SteveMo600
03-01-2005, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by awd

Don't get me wrong man, I can't stand Southworth but he HAS been in the ring with more than a few &quot;decent&quot; fighters, ie. Vitor Belfort.

Bobby Southworth is a tough guy with extremely heavy hands, his problem is laziness.

I agree...he is incredibly lazy. But he's just so cocky and thinks he is the best thing to happen to the UFC. When Leben got beat, he told him to leave without beaking. Then he ends up arguing more than Leben did after his loss. I just wish these guys wouldn't bitch and moan so much and instead just prove themself in the ring. Let their fighting skills do the talking.

ecstasy_civic
03-01-2005, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by awd

Don't get me wrong man, I can't stand Southworth but he HAS been in the ring with more than a few &quot;decent&quot; fighters, ie. Vitor Belfort.

your like a rendition of last nights show lol
everything they said you have pretty much repeated word for word in your threads:rofl:

I think theres gonna be some seriously good shit coming up in the next couple weeks.

awd
03-01-2005, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by SteveMo600

I agree...he is incredibly lazy. But he's just so cocky and thinks he is the best thing to happen to the UFC. When Leben got beat, he told him to leave without beaking. Then he ends up arguing more than Leben did after his loss. I just wish these guys wouldn't bitch and moan so much and instead just prove themself in the ring. Let their fighting skills do the talking.

He is too cocky, but in his defense it was an extremely close fight that in most people's opinions should have went to a third round.

That said, Southworth is an asshole, good riddance.

awd
03-01-2005, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by ecstasy_civic

your like a rendition of last nights show lol
everything they said you have pretty much repeated word for word in your threads:rofl:

I think theres gonna be some seriously good shit coming up in the next couple weeks.

They mentioned Vitor on the show last night?

hockeybronx
03-02-2005, 02:58 AM
It's kind of crappy, I'm always out for wings still when the show comes on Monday nights.

So instead I watch the replay every Saturday night at 9:00pm. Still love the show though, after watching each episode my body pretty much drags itself over to the weights for a nice workout:thumbsup:

Dave P
03-07-2005, 04:25 PM
So whats everyones perdictions for tonight?

I think for the fight, its gonna be Josh Rafferty vs Kenny Florian.
Once teammates, best friends, now not teammates, still best friends.

And they both havent fought yet. I think will be a pretty good lightweight battle.

And as for who is coming back. I can only think "The Cat smasher" Chris Leben. I bet that quarry's mri isnt coming back good, so he will need surgery and be eliminated. So either him or randy will get to pick his replacment, hence leben coming back.

And another thing

I like Couture and I like Liddel, but I really can't route for any of Liddel's guys. They make fun ofSam because of the jealousy of his advanced education. Bobby proved that point when he mentioned the masters degree.

And talk about sore losers.....When blue crew won, it was the team, when they lost, they all blamed Sam. They treat him like crap and then blame him for not being a team player. Disgusting.

The Blue attitude shows also with the guy who was transferred to Couture's team. The team welcomed him in and tried to lighten up the situation. He acts like a prick and then says, "Ultimate Fighting is not a team sport."

Wrong , Fighting and grappling are the ultimate team sports. No one gets good practicing by himself, including Randy and Chuck. You need all kinds of partners with different skills to help train you, you need guys to make you work harder and train harder.

The only guy i like on chucks team is forrest
he has been cool to every one and even he had negative things to say about josh

awd
03-07-2005, 04:33 PM
My prediction:

Quarry is out for good, his ankle is shot -- shame too, he is a machine. Like you said, Leben will take his place since was the last MW to go.

Forrest Griffin will dominate all of the LHWs that come his way and win this thing. If any of you have a chance to see IFC-Global Domination SEE IT, I was really impressed.

I hope we see another fight tonight though.

cman
03-07-2005, 09:02 PM
:werd: forrest should be able to easily win the LHW division, he is by far the most advanced fighter of the group.
i cant wait for leben to come back. sad news about quarry, i thought he was the only one who could have stood a chance against leben in that division.

Dave P
03-07-2005, 11:13 PM
WOoo Leben is back

http://www.chrisleben.com/images/gallery/Chris_Team_Couture.jpg

That was actually a really good show, Glad nate stays, glad leben is back, and was a pretty good exhibition of ground and pound. Josh really didnt stand a chance against deiago, or any of them for that matter.

Is it me, or are those challenges a complete waste of time. There so boring. At least make the challenges fight related. Like hardest punch kick etc etc.

Good stuff

pyro
03-07-2005, 11:16 PM
ya glad to see that chris is back :thumbsup: wow that fight was brutal sanchez rocked josh. i agree the challenges are kinda boring but it shows the strength of the guys beyond their fighting capabilities and adds a little bit more to the show and is a good way to decide who fights and stuff

forkdork
03-07-2005, 11:32 PM
No kidding, Josh got worked. OUCH

project240
03-07-2005, 11:45 PM
I think you almost had to expect that. Josh was an underdog against any of the three he chose to fight.

cman
03-07-2005, 11:46 PM
that was a prison rape and a half. did josh even land one punch???
diego is such a beast! he would have been the last person i would have chosen.

forkdork
03-07-2005, 11:48 PM
Josh didn't land one punch.

ecstasy_civic
03-07-2005, 11:49 PM
that josh guy was hooped from day one lol

You could tell he wasnt into the whole thing, I mean, Diego is fuckin tough, but your "supposed" to be an ultimate fighter and hes covering up like he's in 6th grade lol

hockeybronx
03-08-2005, 01:06 AM
I'm glad I got to see the show tonight.

It really sucked to see Nate have to quit, he was my pick to win back when they had the draft to the two teams. As the owner of UFC said, he is what they look for both as a fighter but also in the way he conducts himself.

I'm looking forward to seeing Forest fight, by the way they show him he is definetely the most dedicated fighter there. He's on the show to train and prepare, and he stays out of all the other crap.

badseed
03-08-2005, 01:26 AM
Josh got wrecked and he didn't land shit, I was hoping he would atleast put up a good fight.