PDA

View Full Version : Arnold says.....

Tyler883
01-18-2005, 01:45 AM
I read a book where Arnold says "If you aren't in the gym to build muscle that why are you there?" (maybe not his exact words)

I tend to agree with him, how about you guys?

shakalaka
01-18-2005, 01:48 AM
Well some people would say, "to check out the chicks"!
But obviously I agree with him, but on the same hand I do both.

Talies R
01-18-2005, 02:02 AM
You were talking about weight loss efforts in your other thread, so what about being at the gym to lose weight?

Tyler883
01-18-2005, 10:07 AM
Good point. The reason I lift weights is to gain muscle - which is a part of my weight loss efforts. The extra muscle should only help me burn more calories and make it easier to manage my calorie intake.

But have you ever heard someone say " I'm not trying to build muscle with my weight training routine...".

AwoooOOOO?!?!?! :dunno:

davidI
01-18-2005, 10:44 AM
Some people go to build strength albeit they still build muscle it isn't why they are there. Arnold was a bodybuilder and always spoke about training muscles and growing muscles for bodybuilding. Powerlifters are more interested in growing numbers than muscle.

Foreign1
01-18-2005, 10:52 AM
Just watch the movie "pumping iron" and you will understand what he means by that :)

gggunit
01-18-2005, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by Foreign1
Just watch the movie "pumping iron" and you will understand what he means by that :)

That movie is crazy.. arnie dubbing it up after competition.hahah

EnRich
01-18-2005, 02:52 PM
Yea the movie was insane... I think the guy was curling 80 - 90 lbs per arm... Thats absolutly amazing.

gggunit
01-18-2005, 03:18 PM
Some quotes from that movie

Arnold Schwarzenegger: Milk are for babies, when you get older you drink beer.

Arnold Schwarzenegger: Franco is pretty smart, but Franco's a child, and when it comes to the day of the contest, I am his father. He comes to me for advices. So it's not that hard for me to give him the wrong advices.

Matty Ferrigno: You're the king Arnold, and you're going to stay the king a long time.

davidI
01-18-2005, 10:33 PM
Arn and his boys used to load up 2 cars with weight plates, drive out into the woods and do squats all morning and afternoon and then they'd sit around drinking beer all night and do it all over again the next day. Joe Weider wasn't too impressed with his 'primitive training' habits :rofl:

Tyler883
01-20-2005, 01:30 AM
"mmmm...beer! now there's a temporary solution!" Homer Simpson

DUBBED
01-20-2005, 02:34 AM
Personally I go to the gym for "strength" and to improve my core stability, granted like David said I have gained some muscle since I started but it's not my focus.