PDA

View Full Version : Platinum Mitsubishi

Barking_Spidre
01-18-2005, 02:22 AM
So me and a friend were at Platinum Mitsubishi, the one near 32nd. *Not sure if there's more then one.* Anyways, we were in the part of the shop where you can order new parts, and there was a brand new 2005 Lancer sitting there, with the hood popped so you can see inside of it. I don't think this is right, but there was this piece on the front of the engine, and it was about 40% covered in rust. Everything else was fine except that one peice. Wouldn't they want a 2005 with NO rust on display? Sorry if this story sucks, just thought I'd comment.

Dj_Stylz
01-18-2005, 08:11 AM
Should have told them and see what they have said haha

heavyD
01-18-2005, 08:32 AM
That is a Ralliart. The part you are talking about is the exhaust manifold. It's actually stainless steel tubular (which is rare) and that isn't rust, that is just the orange discoloration. The heat shield has slots in it for heat disipation so you can see the manifold.

My wife has the same car so I know from experience.

Barking_Spidre
01-18-2005, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by heavyD
That is a Ralliart. The part you are talking about is the exhaust manifold. It's actually stainless steel tubular (which is rare) and that isn't rust, that is just the orange discoloration. The heat shield has slots in it for heat disipation so you can see the manifold.

My wife has the same car so I know from experience.

Oh ok, That clears it up then.

PorknBeans
01-18-2005, 05:20 PM
The rust that you speak off is actually just calcium. Put some CLR on it and poof, no more calcium.