PDA

View Full Version : Hydroxycut

WWJAI
01-19-2005, 12:53 PM
I was just wondering if this stuff helps so can you guys help me out?

I've currently trying to lose weight and I have been doing cardio, eating less. Mainly I just want to know if this is a safe product to use and will it actually speed up the process of shedding the pounds of fat.

ecstasy_civic
01-19-2005, 12:55 PM
I dunno about the new stuff, but the old Efedrine based Hydroxycut was the shit!

It worked great, but not so sure about the new stuff.

1badPT
01-19-2005, 12:57 PM
Do some weight training, up your protein intake and reduce your carbs - you'll put on muscle which will burn up the fat (and you'll look and feel better). When you train for weight you'll have the exact opposite problem that you have now, you'll be fighting to put weight on instead of trying to take it off - plus you'll be fighting to eat enough instead of having to starve yourself.

Just a suggestion.

WWJAI
01-19-2005, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by 1badPT
Do some weight training, up your protein intake and reduce your carbs - you'll put on muscle which will burn up the fat (and you'll look and feel better). When you train for weight you'll have the exact opposite problem that you have now, you'll be fighting to put weight on instead of trying to take it off - plus you'll be fighting to eat enough instead of having to starve yourself.

Just a suggestion.

I have been working out with weights and I do take whey protein...its just the fact that i have a fat tummy so I want to make it go away.

1badPT
01-19-2005, 02:10 PM
Oh ok, I would keep doing it then just add cardio and cut back on the carbs. Do a food log for a few days to see where your calories are coming from and cut back on the big ones. I only suggest that because I figure if you can do it by diet, why do it by supplement?

gggunit
01-19-2005, 02:29 PM
If you want supplements.. use the ECA stack
ephedra,
Caffiene
Asprin.

havent used it myself but have heard good things

benyl
01-19-2005, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by ecstasy_civic
I dunno about the new stuff, but the old Efedrine based Hydroxycut was the shit!

It worked great, but not so sure about the new stuff.

The hydroxycut sold in Canada is different than the stuff sold in the states. This is from what I remember 4 years ago.

The Canadian stuff was shit, didn't help at all. The US stuff, as ecstasy_civic said was the shit.

ECA stack is cool, but also try doing your cardio in the morning before you eat breakfast... that will burn fat (from what I am told).

ecstasy_civic
01-19-2005, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by benyl

The hydroxycut sold in Canada is different than the stuff sold in the states. This is from what I remember 4 years ago.

The Canadian stuff was shit, didn't help at all. The US stuff, as ecstasy_civic said was the shit.

ECA stack is cool, but also try doing your cardio in the morning before you eat breakfast... that will burn fat (from what I am told).

ECA stack works great, Ive used it off an on for the last yr, and if you eat properly and train hard, you WILL see results, youll also notice how much more intense youll be during your workouts.

I dunno bout' other people, but I could focus alot more while I was in the gym, not as many distractions.

EnRich
01-19-2005, 02:51 PM
Eating less isn't gonna help you lose weight.. Actually its the opposite, the trick is controling the amounts you eat per session, if you wanna lose weight you need to start eating 5 - (6) meals per day, with at least 2 involving vegies or salad...

If you wanna cheat, you can get you some pills called Red Rockets... Their a mixture of Efedrine, Asprin, and Caffine... You'll lose 2 - 5 lbs a week on em... I can ask around for em if you want... They work I've tried them before, they'll also give you super energy all day long... Prob is their bad for your heart...

Rich

ecstasy_civic
01-19-2005, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by EnRich
Eating less isn't gonna help you lose weight.. Actually its the opposite, the trick is controling the amounts you eat per session, if you wanna lose weight you need to start eating 5 - (6) meals per day, with at least 2 involving vegies or salad...

If you wanna cheat, you can get you some pills called Red Rockets... Their a mixture of Efedrine, Asprin, and Caffine... You'll lose 2 - 5 lbs a week on em... I can ask around for em if you want... They work I've tried them before, they'll also give you super energy all day long... Prob is their bad for your heart...

Rich

2-5lbs a week? lol

your body isnt just going to lose that weight cause of some pills, you STILL have to incorporate excercise and healthy eating + supplements into that or you will get sick, youll be losing all the wrong things, not just fat. lol

1badPT
01-19-2005, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by benyl
...snip
but also try doing your cardio in the morning before you eat breakfast... that will burn fat (from what I am told).

The reason this works is your blood sugar is lowest when you first wake up. Cardio at this time means your body will start to use its fat reserves sooner to provide energy rather than just burning off blood sugar.

ecstasy_civic
01-19-2005, 03:36 PM

The reason this works is your blood sugar is lowest when you first wake up. Cardio at this time means your body will start to use its fat reserves sooner to provide energy rather than just burning off blood sugar.

thats right, I just wish I didnt work @5am lol then I could get some excercise in:tongue:

WWJAI
01-19-2005, 03:43 PM
so the ECA stacks are available where? GNC?

I don't want to be using anything that will affect your heart. Just a product which you will see results but at the same time is safe.

Along with eating healthy, doing regular cardio, and working out....what are some major foods that you should probably add to your eating routine to eat properly to lose the weight?

1badPT
01-19-2005, 03:46 PM
ECA - the E stands for Ephedra, and if you're worried about effecting your heart, you should steer clear of this stack because Ephedra carries a very definite risk. The Aspirin and Caffeine are about as safe as it gets but like anything else, don't overdo it.

ecstasy_civic
01-19-2005, 03:49 PM
ECA - the E stands for Ephedra, and if you're worried about effecting your heart, you should steer clear of this stack because Ephedra carries a very definite risk. The Aspirin and Caffeine are about as safe as it gets but like anything else, don't overdo it.

I think Wildcat posted a link for some Ephedra, but, if you take it slow and learn what your tolerance is, you shouldnt have a serious problem with the Ephedra, just dont jump into anything both feet first. take it slow.

EnRich
01-19-2005, 03:58 PM
of course... even if you didnt exercise these pills will cut you 2 lbs a week ... i saw it man workin man...

ecstasy_civic
01-19-2005, 04:09 PM
ya but my point is, its not healthy shitting out everything other then fat lol

Wildcat
01-19-2005, 04:10 PM
ephedra is the plant, and ephedrine is the drug derived from the plant. pretty sure anyways

as for hydroxycut and other weight loss pills, theyre just overpriced conglomerates of ECA and herbal shit. id rather take a pharmacutical grade of Ephedrine, Caffeine, and Asprin and and know exactly what im putting into my body while saving money.

Wildcat
01-19-2005, 04:11 PM
oh ya, if you want to buy it, the site is:

www.supplementscanada.com

1badPT
01-19-2005, 04:22 PM
http://nccam.nih.gov/health/alerts/ephedra/consumeradvisory.htm

jaysas_63
01-19-2005, 04:48 PM
i really would steer away from any type of weight loss pill, fucking around with your body chemistry is not the smartest thing to do....i recemond lots of cardio, and eating things low in calories, high in protein, low in fat, and high in fibre....also if u really want a chizzled look, and want to get rid of all the fat on ur chest and stomach i would recomend running over swimming, i was told that when u swim ur body maintains a layer of fat, in order to keep ur body warm, so if u really want to define ur self then run every day.

gl

Wildcat
01-19-2005, 05:11 PM
http://nccam.nih.gov/health/alerts/ephedra/consumeradvisory.htm

Ephedra is a naturally occurring substance that comes from botanicals. The principal active ingredient; ephedrine is an amphetamine-like compound that can powerfully stimulate the nervous system and heart.

Lanks
01-19-2005, 05:23 PM
i would recomend running over swimming, i was told that when u swim ur body maintains a layer of fat

Anybody else heard if this is true??? I hope it's :bullshit:

jaysas_63
01-19-2005, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by Lanks

Anybody else heard if this is true??? I hope it's :bullshit:

it is true...actually my family doctor told me, its really logical, one of fats primary uses in the body is insulation, and when u are regularly swimming ur body keeps a layer of fat in order to keep ur body warm

edit....i'm not sayin swimming isn't good for u, its one of the best forms of cardio out there, thats why i have been swimming for close to 8 yrs....but if u really want to define ur self, then swimming is not the way to go about it

WWJAI
01-19-2005, 06:30 PM
aight so then I better start running on the treadmill more. Because mainly..i have no problems losing fat anywhere else...because it just all accumulates into my tummy region so that's what I was most concerned about losing weight for.

btw, supplements canada has good deals. I bought my whey protein from there...its good

thanks for the help guys....i possibly might start taking ECA stack soon as well just to boost up the quickness of the weight/fat loss

mcshow
01-24-2005, 04:21 PM
who has had experience with the ECA stack?? how abouts do you go about taking it?? how many times a day and such?? and how many milligrams or amount of each?? considering taking this to lean down for a month, just wondering if someone could reply to this for some more information, since people have had some good recommendations for it

Wildcat
01-24-2005, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by mcshow
who has had experience with the ECA stack?? how abouts do you go about taking it?? how many times a day and such?? and how many milligrams or amount of each?? considering taking this to lean down for a month, just wondering if someone could reply to this for some more information, since people have had some good recommendations for it

i mentioned this in another previous thread;

id take one 200mg caff, three 8mg eph, two 83mg baby asprin. Take all those three times a day and make sure you take the last dose sometime before 5:00pm otherwise itll fuck up your sleep.

mcshow
01-24-2005, 06:30 PM
thanks, but what times should you be ingesting them, like before meals or just anytimes before 5:00pm?

and pretty much ease into that, like build your way up?

Wildcat
01-24-2005, 06:35 PM
ease your way into that, start with half doses for the first week. take your first dose first thing in the morning and then space the other 2 doses out evenly based upon the time you wake up at and 5:00pm that day.

mcshow
01-25-2005, 08:25 PM
thanks, i think i am gonna try it
but i got a question, is this going to defeat the purpose of taking creatine, should i do one at a time or is it going to be a big deal, i remember reading about this can't remember the response that people said

Wildcat
01-25-2005, 11:24 PM
ya pretty much, the creatine wont do alot when your taking ECA.