View Full Version : See what I have to put up with

Newk
01-19-2005, 05:41 PM
http://www.wral.com/news/4106711/detail.html#

click the link under "SNOW PHOTOS/VIDEO"

Let the American bashing begin:thumbsup:

ninspeed
01-19-2005, 05:48 PM
2inches.... fuck off man we get that an hour... and 300 accidents...

Barking_Spidre
01-19-2005, 05:50 PM
In Wake County, Cary got nearly half an inch and western Raleigh received nearly an inch. Many area schools decided to close early, however, there are many reports from parents that their children were still at school because buses could not get to schools.

You've gotta be fucking kidding me!!!!!!!!

Newk
01-19-2005, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by ninspeed
2inches.... fuck off man we get that an hour... and 300 accidents...

my point exactly these fucks around here dont know how to drive

im not bitching about the snow im bitching about how people react. and the news people made it out to be worse than it really was, more like half an inch, at least were the traffic was

/////AMG
01-19-2005, 05:57 PM
Americans :rolleyes:

Wait, I could say the same thing about the British lol.

shakalaka
01-19-2005, 06:00 PM
^Dont be dissin the British! Americans go right ahead!
That is just sad and pathetic by the way!:thumbsup:

Rayme
01-19-2005, 08:27 PM
snow n00bs :rofl:

iceburns288
01-19-2005, 08:33 PM
You ****ers in Raleigh got snow?:guns: :guns:

wildrice
01-19-2005, 08:38 PM
that's weak sauce

god if that happens with only 2 inches of snow, they'd probably shut the whole city down if they had 3 or 4inches.

streetarab
01-19-2005, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by Rayme
:rofl: :rofl: oh shit, i think it just snowed (still snowing) 2 and more inches, no big deal though, people are too stupid, i love this much, just enough to have some fun and not enough to be a pain in the ass

iceburns288
01-19-2005, 08:52 PM
Originally posted by wildrice
they'd probably shut the whole city down if they had 3 or 4inches.

We do!:D

BumpinTalon
01-19-2005, 08:57 PM
jesus we get 10 or 11 inches, and it's no big deal. we needed a gigantic amount of snow, like a foot with freezing rain, for school to be cancelled. americans need to learn how to fuckin drive. half an inch of snow isn't even enough to cover up green grass. that's like, | | of snow caused so much trouble.

Xtrema
01-19-2005, 09:07 PM
No surprised, everyone is on summer tires.

iceburns288
01-19-2005, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by Xtrema
No surprised, everyone is on summer tires.

I didn't know there were winter tires until a few years ago...:D

Talon, you say our schools are shutting down is because we can't drive...:rolleyes:

Because it snows so rarely around here, our cities don't invest as much money in plows, salts, sand and whatever. The money goes to other places like education, paving roads, etc. Our Mecklemburg County budget is insanely thin right now, we just can't afford to buy all kinds of snow stuff, especially if it may not even snow at all this year.:dunno:

Newk
01-19-2005, 10:06 PM
I-40 is still a parking lot and it stopped snowing 9 hours ago. One of my drivers is still stuck trying to pick his wife up from the hospital. He's been stuck since 2 o-clock est.

These idoits dont know to stay off the roads and give teh trucks time to plow and spread salt now they are stuck..
people are running out of gas and abandoning there cars on the highway , just making things worse ..

It really suck around here right now
this "storm" caught everyone by suprise

we got 20 inches about 5 years ago and shut down for 5 days
nice vacation if you could handle the cabin fever

iceburns wasup in the queen city

Dave P
01-19-2005, 10:15 PM
Classic, i brushed 3 inches off my car today.

and they complain about half a inch

Skyline_Addict
01-19-2005, 10:25 PM
i'd like to live there when i have an exam or test on that day.

shakalaka
01-19-2005, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by Dave P

hahahah
WORD! Thats what we get on cars if we park them outside on a snowy day for more than an hour!

BerserkerCatSplat
01-19-2005, 10:36 PM
That's hilarious!
Pwn3d by prevailing weather conditions.

Newk
01-19-2005, 10:38 PM
Originally posted by Dave P

I'm not bitching about snow i made it home just fine.
Went throught the sticks and got around it
bitching about the stupid non drivin rednecks.

Originally posted by BerserkerCatSpl
That's hilarious!
Pwn3d by prevailing weather conditions.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :banghead:

Godfuader
01-19-2005, 11:46 PM
Originally posted by wildrice

god if that happens with only 2 inches of snow, they'd probably shut the whole city down if they had 3 or 4inches.

I was in Georgia for New years two years back and it started snowing there!!! The radio announcer sounded like he was about to cry..."Please! Drive with caution. Reports are coming in that we may see upto 1.5 inches in the next few hours. DO NOT travel if you dont have to. All government buildings are shut down and other businesses are closing down as well. If you are indoors, please stay there" <--No jokes! we pulled into a mcdonalds and people were stuck to the windows and were checking radio bands for weather updates. I climb out and the temp was around -2C so i just walk in with a T-Shirt on. They were staring at me like as if my brown skin gave me all the warmth i need. snow noobs i tell ya!
-Fuad

autospeed
01-20-2005, 02:26 AM
hahah that many accidents, if i was there i'd be lovin all the morons who can't drive. but then again i work at a body shop haha. man i wish my shop was down there instead of here.:bigpimp:

Newk
01-20-2005, 08:00 AM
Originally posted by Godfuader

I was in Georgia for New years two years back and it started snowing there!!! The radio announcer sounded like he was about to cry...&quot;Please! Drive with caution. Reports are coming in that we may see upto 1.5 inches in the next few hours. DO NOT travel if you dont have to. All government buildings are shut down and other businesses are closing down as well. If you are indoors, please stay there&quot; &lt;--No jokes!

yep sounds about right :thumbsup:

I lived in Erie Pa for 3 years ( can you say lake effect snow) when I was a kid. It started snowing in october and didnt stop til april,
never missed a day of school. I have been in a bus with a national guard tank leading the way knocking down snowdrifts.

these fucks around here dont have a clue what to do when it snows..:guns:

Ben
01-20-2005, 01:49 PM
LOL, thats hilarious,

It took a blizzard and 3 feet of snow 6 years ago to close school here, and it was only closed for 1 day, haha. Other than that, it was the last time I can ever remember them closing the schools.

I cant say I really blame the people down there tho. They rarely see snow. Run summer tires year round. And dont know how it acts when you dont slow down to drive on it.

Aleks
01-20-2005, 01:54 PM
While it might be true that schools rarely close here, I've seen 2 inches of snow create havoc on Calgary roads. What happens when the first snow falls every year? Traffic backs up people crash, and then everyone on here bitches how noone knows how to drive. it's not the ammount of snow it's how slick the roads are.

Newk
01-20-2005, 02:04 PM
The whole thing stated when the first flakes started falling everyone freaked out and left work. Didnt give crews a chance to salt the roads. Then when the wrecks started, traffic stopped, and the road crews were unable to get anywere either.

One of my drivers didnt get home till 6 am est took him 11 hours to go 20 miles. I gave him the day off, not like he was gonna show up anyways lol.

Good thing its 45f today and the snow is gone, bad thing is they are calling for more tonight, oh boy!

Audio_Rookie
01-20-2005, 02:41 PM
OMG 2 inches!!!! I remember going to school when there was 8 inches on the road, and it was a small town so there was no plowers and almost no salting going on.....I drive everyday a 1989 shelby daytona with summer tires, I have never put on winter or all season tires because im a decent driver.

that is just sad.

Newk
01-20-2005, 03:05 PM
I would have shit my pants

It happen about a half hour ago, he was going 65 on the interstate.

Sorry know its off subject but didnt warrant its own thread.

Newk
01-20-2005, 03:06 PM
still blood and guts in there

GTS Jeff
01-20-2005, 07:08 PM
i drove around a bunch on my summer tires when we got a few inches of snow..no problems at all. au contraire, it was pretty fun sliding around

Neil4Speed
01-20-2005, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by Ben
LOL, thats hilarious,

It took a blizzard and 3 feet of snow 6 years ago to close school here, and it was only closed for 1 day, haha. Other than that, it was the last time I can ever remember them closing the schools.

Do you guys remember that time when we had 3 feet of snow? it was like March 17th or something right? I remember my little sister got lost in the snow, it was that deep!

But 2 inches isn't something to cry about wow... lol.

ex1z7
01-21-2005, 01:07 AM
in 1994 they closed the schools in Thunder Bay because we got 3 and a half feet of snow overnight.

I was shovelling my walkway during the snow, because it was getting deep.. by the time i got to the street there was 2 inches at the door..

Yesterday was my first time driving on snow in my life, on worn all season tires. I was fine.

My buddy has bald summer tires on his car, slides a bit - but nothing crazy :P And the snowbanks are nearly 6 feet tall right now. No joke.

Fucking noobs :)

Mad$ella
01-21-2005, 01:10 AM
Originally posted by Rayme

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Ben
01-21-2005, 01:35 AM
Originally posted by Neil4Speed

Do you guys remember that time when we had 3 feet of snow? it was like March 17th or something right? I remember my little sister got lost in the snow, it was that deep!

But 2 inches isn't something to cry about wow... lol.

I remember it all too well, No School on my Birthday ;)

Khyron
01-21-2005, 09:46 AM
You mean this?:

http://www.nexus-point.net/chimera/chimera-snow1.jpg

http://www.nexus-point.net/chimera/bike-snow.jpg

And most of us still drove to work...(stock factory VW tires, same as you get in the states) :D

Khyron