PDA

View Full Version : Quote on car....

Nelek
01-20-2005, 05:16 PM
Hey everyone, I had a question I was hoping someone could help me out with.

Recently my boyfriend crashed his car. Its totalled and done for. They've already scrapped it, however, the insurance adjuster says he can get money for it. He just needs to get a quote on what it could possibly be worth. As well as checking out autotrader.ca for information about the value of the car, I was hoping maybe someone here could help me out. This is the info on the car:

- 92' Honda Accord ex
- 152 000km
- Broken front bumper
- Color= Maroon
- All season tires (though they had been on the car 2 years-ish)
- It had a tune-up in July of 2004
- The breaks were redone in late 2003
- There had never been any mechnical problems with the car
- There was a small dent on the driver's side front panel
- He was the 3rd owner of the car, though the second was his father
- Worked well and was reliable in the winter time

Thanks everyone, just post back on the thread please or if you want to contact me by e-mail you can do so at [email protected]
~Nelek

GoChris
01-20-2005, 05:19 PM
$2500 roughly I would say. Since the KMs arent that high.

awd
01-20-2005, 05:19 PM
Won't the insurance company just check the Bluebook value?

Nelek
01-20-2005, 05:21 PM
No, the insurance company wants an actual quote on what they're selling for. Just to give you an insight, these people arent the smartest people I've delt with yet.

Forgot to include that the car was automatic and a 4 door in case that makes any difference

Kobe
01-20-2005, 07:21 PM
1992 Honda Accord EX Sedan 4D

Engine: 4-Cyl. 2.2 Liter
Trans: Automatic
Drive: Front Wheel Drive
Mileage: 110,000

Search Listings for This Car

Free Record Check

Auto Loans from 4.05% APR

Insurance Quote

Payment Calculator

Equipment
Air Conditioning
Power Steering
AM/FM Stereo
Cassette
ABS (4-Wheel)
Moon Roof

Retail Value Search Local Listings for This Car $4,750
The Kelley Blue Book Suggested Retail Value is representative of dealers' asking prices and is the starting point for negotiation between a consumer and a dealer. This Suggested Retail Value assumes that the vehicle has been fully reconditioned and has a clean title history . This value also takes into account the dealers' profit, costs for advertising, sales commissions and other costs of doing business. The final sale price will likely be less depending on the vehicle's actual condition, popularity, type of warranty offered and local market conditions.

Give or take, dont know all your options

Thats US funds...

www.kbb.com

Weapon_R
01-20-2005, 07:33 PM
That car should net around 5,000. The market value for a clean accord is pretty high. Sounds like you've got a nice, low km vehicle!

Weapon_R
01-20-2005, 07:39 PM
3 ads? Here ya go. That should net a nice insurance payout

http://www.canadatrader.com/result/detailinfo.aspx?adID=4880088

http://www.canadatrader.com/result/detailinfo.aspx?adID=3283355

http://www.canadatrader.com/result/detailinfo.aspx?adID=2778972

Nelek
01-20-2005, 11:26 PM
Heh... had a nice, low km vehicle. It was so banged up after the accident it wasnt even worth trying to save. They had to scrape half the car off the car that hit us and the other half off the ground.