PDA

View Full Version : Autometer Boost Guage Question

talonted
01-20-2005, 09:30 PM
I just installed my boost guage in my 93 talon, i connected to the vaccume lins right and everything. I just need to know where to connect the power wire too. Its kinda hard to see at night with no light:thumbsdow

Ekbusta
01-20-2005, 09:37 PM
The power wire you should hook up to any switched power source. for a quick fix, rap it around the terminal of a switched power fuse for say the radio etc and then reinstall the fuse. :)

EK 2.0
01-20-2005, 09:39 PM
Originally posted by talonted
I just installed my boost guage in my 93 talon, i connected to the vaccume lins right and everything. I just need to know where to connect the power wire too. Its kinda hard to see at night with no light:thumbsdow

I tapped mine into my parking light wire...that way, when you flick the park lights on...*BOOM* you have light...

RX-7_TWINTURBO
01-20-2005, 10:00 PM
I hooked up mine to my cigarette lighter trim light.. this way when you dim your dash lights your gauges dim too

theken
01-28-2005, 10:58 PM
exactly ^^

TypeS
02-09-2005, 05:20 PM
where would one find which wires are which? I'm doing the same thing and I want to wire them to my park lights.

Also...with my A/F meter, wouldnt there be 2 different power wires? one for the LED's (or whatever they are) that give you a reading, and one for illumination? I still want a reading in the daytime right?:dunno: