PDA

View Full Version : Beyond Body Part of the Week : Abdominal Muscles

JAYMEZ
01-20-2005, 11:30 PM
Hey guys , Ive been workin hard on getting these muscles big , so whats everyones trick? This would include Obliques as well.

hockeybronx
01-21-2005, 12:02 AM
You beat me to it! I usually did it on Tuesdays but I fell behind this week.

This topic has been discussed quite often, there's a lot of good information in this forum.

It's clear the key to abs is not "one exercise" as much as it is body fat percentage. You can do a million situps a day, but it's lowering your body fat through cardio, dieting, or other means that will give you the look you want.

As far as getting the muscles "big" as you say resistance is the key. Like any other muscle you want to be challenges the muscle fibres with increased weight. If you are doing crunches, do them with a weight plate under your chin.

Having said all of this, I think the best exercise for abs is reverse curls (lie on your back, lift your legs off the ground and bend your knees 90 degrees in one move, and then pull your knees towards your shoulders cruncing your abs in a second move. It's a gooder:thumbsup:

Also, work on a punching bag is great for your sides (external obliques) as well.

1-Bar
01-21-2005, 12:24 AM
Agreed.

Having strong abs and displaying a "six-pack" are two very different things. The later involves having very little fat between the abs and your skin....the first involves heavy training.

If you want bigger abs, go onto a reverse sit up machine. The one that works out your lower back. Hope on it backwards so the machine only supports your lower half, place a weight on your chest and rock away!!

I know U of C had this machine, but if your local gym doesn't. Just grab a 35lbs or 45lbs plate and do normal situps while looking through the center hole of the plate.

If you want strong abs, mass not important, Arnie says doing 400-500 situps a day will help....lol

gggunit
01-21-2005, 09:03 PM
The magic exercise that gets rid of luv handles is table push backs. Learn that exercise and the luv handles disappear. Be warned it is the most difficult exercise there is. Most people just can't do them. I tried them for a while and they were so tough I just quit trying.

:burnout:

mo_virgin
01-22-2005, 10:28 PM
whats a table push back?

Weapon_R
01-22-2005, 11:30 PM
6 second abs :thumbsup:

Looks like another gimmick, but the thing BURNS your abs when you try it.

shakalaka
01-23-2005, 12:01 AM
^^I have that stuff, never really tried it properly though. Dunno if it works or not. But you can feel the thing even when you do it for 2 mins.

hockeybronx
01-23-2005, 02:22 AM
Originally posted by gggunit
The magic exercise that gets rid of luv handles is table push backs. Learn that exercise and the luv handles disappear. Be warned it is the most difficult exercise there is. Most people just can't do them. I tried them for a while and they were so tough I just quit trying.

:burnout:

Originally posted by mo_virgin
whats a table push back?

GGGGGGGGGGGG-Unit, what are table pushbacks? They sound interesting... and challenging, I want to give them a try.

mcshow
01-24-2005, 01:07 AM
yeah lets hear about these table pushbacks??

gggunit
01-24-2005, 02:53 PM
Sorry guys.. it was just my sense of lame sense of humor.. its when you watch what you eat, really concentrate on your overall food intake (diet). Do pushbacks away from the table.

hhaha I though it was funny
:rofl:

mcshow
01-24-2005, 04:12 PM
i was really hoppin for a sweet exercise there! sounded promising

hockeybronx
01-24-2005, 07:21 PM
Originally posted by gggunit
Sorry guys.. it was just my sense of lame sense of humor.. its when you watch what you eat, really concentrate on your overall food intake (diet). Do pushbacks away from the table.

hhaha I though it was funny
:rofl:

Hardy Har Har... I guess the joke's on me:rolleyes: