PDA

View Full Version : My Test Driving Experience

girlRACER
06-19-2002, 03:14 PM
I never really had the chance to try out any other roadsters before I got the SLK so I thought I would test drive them now.
So I parked outside the Porsche dealership and walked in. The sales guy said hi, and I said I was interested in the boxster and wanted to test drive it. He said, "Our boxsters are booked solid for 6 test drives a day and you can only test drive on appointment." Then I said "I'm thinking of trading my SLK in" and he said "how old is it?" with a snobby look on his face. I told him it was 6 months old and then he still refused to let me test drive the car. I asked him why I had to make an appointment when they have so many cars on the lot and there's noone inside the dealership or on the lot. He made up some bs story. I had to make an appointment for Saturday at 10am!! What a f*cking asshole snob? First its those snobby ass salesman at VW, and now those snobby ass salesman at Porsche! Maybe he's racist ? who knows? I hope their dealership burns in hell.

kenny
06-19-2002, 03:15 PM
Try Calgary BMW, they wont even talk to you :)

Ben
06-19-2002, 03:17 PM
Hmmmm...not cool...My Dads the New Car Sales manager @ Fifth Ave which is owned by the Same guy who owns South Center...not cool...

legendboy
06-19-2002, 03:19 PM
He probaly did that so he could get your name, phone numbers, address, all that information that salesmen want that people don't usually want to give........That sounds like a load of shit to me because saturday is the busiest day of the week for car sales, no half ass salesman books appointments on saturday, that is when u get all your ups....the guy selling porsche in calgary sucks big time anyways, just ask anybody in the car business here.....

D'z Nutz
06-19-2002, 03:21 PM
Maybe he's quick to judge you because of your age?

Ben
06-19-2002, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by D'z Nutz
Maybe he's quick to judge you because of your age?

*cough* *hack* CALGARY BMW *choke* *cough*

legendboy
06-19-2002, 03:27 PM
If anybody wants to talk to someone good a BMW, talk to John Sweeny Sr. He's a friend of our family and a really nice old guy.

I don't think BMW would be that bad since most of there bread and butter is sold to people under 30.

Madmax
06-19-2002, 03:28 PM
They gave me the same attitude when I wanted to test drive a Miata, this is not a fu..ing BMW, it was a Miata. And 2 weeks ago when I went to the Nissan dealership and they just gave me the keys of a brand new SE-R, and he was like go and have fun!

Redlyne_mr2
06-19-2002, 03:28 PM
Did you test drive your benz by yourself or did you have someone with you???

Ekliptix
06-19-2002, 03:30 PM
It's those Germanian car reps. Geeeze

(j/k i'm 1/23 German)

nismodrifter
06-19-2002, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by Madmax
They gave me the same attitude when I wanted to test drive a Miata, this is not a fu..ing BMW, it was a Miata. And 2 weeks ago when I went to the Nissan dealership and they just gave me the keys of a brand new SE-R, and he was like go and have fun!

did he let you go alone?

bol
06-19-2002, 03:34 PM
Calgary BMW let me test drive a E46 M3... then again I had already gave them $56k four months earlier.

G
06-19-2002, 03:59 PM
Those guys a South Centre are pretty nice but then again I wasn't there looking at Porches. I went to try A4 on a Saturday and it was a busy as hell in there. So the saleman gave me the keys and said go alone just bring it back in one piece. The same thing a Silverhill with the TL Type S. The guy just gave me the keys. Once thing for sure, the Acura's suspension is a lot stiffer than the A4.

Going 140 kilometers heading South on Blackfoot Trail I grounded the A4 over those railroad tracks just before 42nd but to my surprise the Acura held up.

mischief
06-19-2002, 04:02 PM
Before we got our SLK, we test drove the boxter S. Talk to Andrew at south center, he's a cool guy. When we took the car out he told us to take it out for as long as we want. They stock auto porsche's?

Madmax
06-19-2002, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by nismodrifter

did he let you go alone?

Yes he did! It was like , are you sure I can go alone???

I've filled a test drive request online a while ago, before the car came out and they called me to ask me when I wanted to test drove it!

redline
06-19-2002, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by kenny
Try Calgary BMW, they wont even talk to you :)

they would not talk to me either :dunno: i guess they do not like selling cars? :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

bol
06-19-2002, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by redline

they would not talk to me either :dunno: i guess they do not like selling cars? :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Complete opposite for me and I'm a young guy to boot...

Even when I bought my first car there they were eager to sell and I could do test drives on anything there...

I found that their sales were good but that service sucked complete and total utter ass.

rage2
06-19-2002, 04:26 PM
Why Southcenter Porsche sucks :

How Southcenter Porsche fucked up my car (http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=706#post10044)

WBB6
06-19-2002, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by girlRACER
I never really had the chance to try out any other roadsters before I got the SLK so I thought I would test drive them now.
So I parked outside the Porsche dealership and walked in. The sales guy said hi, and I said I was interested in the boxster and wanted to test drive it. He said, "Our boxsters are booked solid for 6 test drives a day and you can only test drive on appointment." Then I said "I'm thinking of trading my SLK in" and he said "how old is it?" with a snobby look on his face. I told him it was 6 months old and then he still refused to let me test drive the car. I asked him why I had to make an appointment when they have so many cars on the lot and there's noone inside the dealership or on the lot. He made up some bs story. I had to make an appointment for Saturday at 10am!! What a f*cking asshole snob? First its those snobby ass salesman at VW, and now those snobby ass salesman at Porsche! Maybe he's racist ? who knows? I hope their dealership burns in hell.

It's cos your not a high roller like "ScCab"...:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

By the way, when can I get a ride in your SLK???

max_boost
06-19-2002, 04:52 PM
Some salesguys are real jackasses

There is good and bad at all dealers I guess

I was talking to a Parts & Service representatives at Calgary BMW because I wanted to get some prices on their M-Technik Body Kit/OEM clear corners and also ask them about my warranty etc.

And surprisingly they were really nice to me. They referred to me as "Sir" and "How can I help you" and "Thank you very much for dropping by" I was like WTF?!?!? Why you so nice haha

I've found out that if you call them (salesguys at any dealer) ahead of time and just talk a little bit and express some interest in a car, they turn out to be very helpful and nice.

But again, some salesguys are real dickheads

max_boost
06-19-2002, 04:54 PM

If I was a salesguy and saw you pull up in the Yellow SLK, I would have attended to all your needs!! Because it was a Porsche maybe you need to show them your bank account before you can talk to them??

sexualbanana
06-19-2002, 05:11 PM
maybe u should show me YOUR bank account. :bigpimp: u can be my sugar momma. :rofl:

CRXguy
06-19-2002, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by sexualbanana
maybe u should show me YOUR bank account. :bigpimp: u can be my sugar momma. :rofl:

There you go boys and girls! Gavin is a fag afterall....:p :rofl: http://forums.off-topic.net/images/smilies/thefinger.gif

max_boost
06-19-2002, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by sexualbanana

Who? Me? My bank account is almost "0"
I'm poor ass

bol
06-19-2002, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by CRXguy

There you go boys and girls! Gavin is a fag afterall....:p :rofl: http://forums.off-topic.net/images/smilies/thefinger.gif

Was there any ever question about it? :rofl:

4wheeldrift
06-19-2002, 09:29 PM

If you had seen how he drives solo 2 you would have figured that out long ago :angel:

girlRACER
06-20-2002, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by max_boost

Because it was a Porsche maybe you need to show them your bank account before you can talk to them??

haha...then they'd definitely not let me test drive it!!!

girlRACER
06-20-2002, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by WBB6

By the way, when can I get a ride in your SLK???

DONE! You happy now? ...since my driving is too shaky for you.

girlRACER
06-20-2002, 04:01 PM
When I was test driving the Mercedes, the salesperson was really nice and let me take the C230 and SLK 230 for as long as I wanted. Later when I went back to purchase the car from him, he was not working there anymore. I had to actually call a different salesman who never ever greeted me any time I walked into the dealership. However, when I actually called him he knew I was serious so he was all sucky-up.

Then there's Infiniti. They were super snobby when I was buying my G20 but afterwards when I wanted to test drive the G35, they assumed that I was already going to buy it because I guess statistics show that Infiniti customers are highly likely to buy another one.

Then there's Maclin Ford at the AutoMall. I test drove a Focus and they were super nice.

Seems like when I look at less-expensive cars they're super nice but when I look at expensive cars they're super snobby!!

G
06-20-2002, 04:22 PM

Then there's Maclin Ford at the AutoMall. I test drove a Focus and they were super nice.

How else are they going to sell those Fords....they were probably thinking if she trades in her SLK for 5 Focuses.:rofl:

max_boost
06-20-2002, 04:23 PM

Did you ever consider purchasing one? hehe:rofl:

shadowz
06-20-2002, 04:33 PM
fuck I hate car salesman, they deter so much business by how they judge people. assholes

Big_Six_Boy
06-20-2002, 05:17 PM
Any been to BMW lately? They got this new chick working there.. she's not bad.

..but again, they won't talk to you, so just stand there and gawk.
:nut:

Hey, aren't they supposed to be building Crowfoot BMW/Mini??? That'll give me an excuse NOT to go to Calgary BMW. :guns:

Ben
06-20-2002, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by shadowz
fuck I hate car salesman, they deter so much business by how they judge people. assholes

Please do not steriotype!

rage2
06-20-2002, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by Big_Six_Boy
Hey, aren't they supposed to be building Crowfoot BMW/Mini??? That'll give me an excuse NOT to go to Calgary BMW. :guns:

It's the same owner, so it doesn't matter =).

mischief
06-20-2002, 07:37 PM
It's the same owner, so it doesn't matter =).
hmm, maybe one of us should consider buying out one of his dealerships?:confused:

ninspeed
06-20-2002, 10:40 PM
ok i was at silverhill acura looking at a 98 gsr that was lowered.. So i ask the really big guy if he knew how it was lowered.. just prings, struts, or coil overs.. (as i was looking) he was like OH SHIT.. i dont know.. its not my job to worry about things like that.. so i am looking a little more, and he askes me if i have looked in to insurance on it.. i say ya.. its about 7000 a year for me, so i start reading the little paper in the window "one owner, serviced at silverhill the whole time ect. ect.." then big fat ass opens his mouth.. Ya i have sold this car several times becuase people can not afford the insurance.. i did not say aything, and just walked away as he tried to sell me a 2000 silver teg

sexualbanana
06-21-2002, 02:25 AM

i meant girlracer!! jk
besides, u think sam's a girl?

If you had seen how he drives solo 2 you would have figured that out long ago

bastard!
:guns: :guns: :madred: :guns: :guns:

James
06-21-2002, 06:50 AM
Originally posted by Benny

Please do not steriotype!

Dont worry Benny, there are some decent salesman, im sure theres alot of very good reasons why your Dad is the top VW salesman in the city/province( read that in the paper ). He, unlike alot of salesman actually PAY ATTENTION to what the Customer wants, A buddy of mine from work went up to 5th ave. several months ago to look at new Jetta's and GTI's. Your Dad spent over 2 hours with him,just going over all of his options, and they didnt even go for a test drive(horrible weather). He ended up buying another Honda Civic(his fourth), but he kept raving about how much attention the Volkswagen salesman was giving him, and how he didnt decriminate him for being a younger guy looking at nice cars. Now if only all carsalesman had as much appreciation for the customer as your Dad, it would make getting a new car a hell of alot better experience.:)

Ben
06-21-2002, 08:03 AM
I was unaware your buddy was in the market for a car, saweet!

max_boost
06-22-2002, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by James
Your Dad spent over 2 hours with him,just going over all of his options, and they didnt even go for a test drive(horrible weather).

Benny's dad is the top dog, he can afford to spend a couple hours with potential customers. Salesman only get paid if they sell and that is why if a young guy and a old guy walks in, chances are the old guy will get the service first. I know it is a little bias but everyone is in the field just to make a buck.