PDA

View Full Version : Tequila: The most racist night club in the city

balpreet
01-22-2005, 01:10 PM
Thursday night me and a couple of friends decided to go out after work and have some fun. We get to Tequila at about 10:15 with no line outside. We go to the front right away, so my friend (white guy) who's from Chicago shows his Chicago ID, he gets in no problem. Then me and my other friend (Brown and Asian guys) show the bouncers our ID's and they say we need two peices of ID's for the old Alberta licenses, so i show them my SIN card, but they say it has to be government picture ID like a passport, which I don't carry on me. This was complete bullshit how does some one using a Chicago ID get in with one ID and we need two peices cause were from Alberta, thats racism. I am not going there again, that really pisses me off. So next time anyone goes that not white, take two ID's see wtf they say then, they will probably ask for a third peice of ID and if you have it, they will say its fake.

finboy
01-22-2005, 01:16 PM
:repost:

welcome to calgary, clubs are racist, can't do much about it considering they are always packed and get to choose who they want in and who they don't.

Wildcat
01-22-2005, 01:17 PM
this has been covered a number of times... boo fucking hoo, find a new club to go to.

Aleks
01-22-2005, 01:19 PM
^ true,
I quit going to clubs a while ago. Years ago it was fun but now all it is, is teeny boppers and thug wannabes that if you accidentally bump someone you might get chopped yo.

davidI
01-22-2005, 01:27 PM
I'm a white guy and I'm often asked for 2 pieces as well...they're just trying to make sure it is you. If they ask for 5 pieces then that's probably the racism card.

BigMass
01-22-2005, 01:46 PM
Next time flash them your ID card instead of your race card.

http://www.geocities.com/area51/lair/8288/n_97.jpg

t-im
01-22-2005, 01:47 PM
booo friggin hoo

this has been covered before

Calgary clubs are raicst BLA BLA BLA

Chester
01-22-2005, 02:02 PM
Um Tequila always does that man. What they did was not racist. I went to Tequila for this girls bday and a bunch of my white friends had the old Alberta lisences and they said they would need another piece of gov't issued picture id. They won't take alberta health care cards or SIN. I have a new ID and they let me in no problem and I'm black.

shakalaka
01-22-2005, 02:09 PM
I havent had any problems till now getting in any clubs. But I always go with white chicks, they like pick us from the line and send us before everyone else. Piece of advice go with white girls, I bet you will always get in.

'93 SR-V
01-22-2005, 02:09 PM
Yeah, I was there with a few friends a month or so back, and they did the same thing. (I'm white btw). I don't know what I gave them. Might have been a school ID or something.

civicrider
01-22-2005, 02:35 PM
most clubs do turn down groups of non white people just because GENERALY they are the ones fighting and stabbing. its deffinatly not fair, but you gotta get used to it.

haha shakalaka soo true a group of girls with you = VIP

balpreet
01-22-2005, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by civicrider
most clubs do turn down groups of non white people just because GENERALY they are the ones fighting and stabbing. its deffinatly not fair, but you gotta get used to it.

that is true, but when only two of you go, there should be no issues. Bar owners should find a better way of making their bars safer, also this was not my only time not getting in. Once before me and a group of three friends got there about 11, if the club was full I can understand that they tell us, but we wait for like 1/2 an hour in the front of line, seeing many people come out and then they tell us that they are full and we problaby wont get in. why can't they say that before, then as soon as we leave and drive by, they start letting people in.

Skyline_Addict
01-22-2005, 03:32 PM
hmmm, that totally sucks.
i'm an oriental fellow and haven't been turned away at a club (minus one time at whiskey on a 25+ night, which I still managed to get into after some debate). i have been to tequila a couple times, with no problems. it definetely didn't hurt to have one of the bouncers as my friend though - no cover charge :clap: .

anyways....i can't really speak from experience, but like everyone says....just don't give business to someone who doesn't want it from you. there are other places, better places out there. i never liked tequila.

i don't go clubbing alot, because i'm not particularly fond of it...but i usually went with a bunch of asian girls... that might help? lol.

t-im
01-22-2005, 03:54 PM
Here's my rant:

I'm pretty unmoved when people start playing the race card when they can't get into clubs, and make a huge stink about it (i'm not saying you are) like it's the end of their life if they can't get into the club that one night..

boo friggin hoo, there are other things to do then listen to overplayed radio music and pay for overpriced booze..and if anything, drive a block to the next club. Not that i'm against clubbing, but i've just grown out of that stage. Being in a club filled with 17-18 year olds just makes me feel old and reminds me there are other things I could be doing.

And honestly, i've never had any problems at any of the supposide "racist" clubs - ie Whiskey (I walk right in after they glance at my id and they don't even take my cover..and I don't wait in line) and the old Palace, when the whole hype was that it was "completely racist." I'm a believer in that a club can deny entry to whoever they want to if they feel like it - the club owner has a right to protect his/her own business from any potential harm that may come from letting you in.

end rant.

balpreet
01-22-2005, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by t-im
Here's my rant:

I'm pretty unmoved when people start playing the race card when they can't get into clubs, and make a huge stink about it (i'm not saying you are) like it's the end of their life if they can't get into the club that one night..

...And honestly, i've never had any problems at any of the supposide "racist" clubs - ie Whiskey (I walk right in after they glance at my id and they don't even take my cover..and I don't wait in line) end rant.

Yeah man I ain't having no heart attack over it, I did go to a different club that night, the thing is what tequila did that night really pissed me off, and compared to other clubs I haven't had problems getting in, I went to coyotes last night, they asked two peices of ID from everyone and it could be even a school ID, and they scanned it in too, I have no problem when everyone is asked for two peices of ID, but when they deny you like they did at Tequila, that makes me mad.

RX-7_TWINTURBO
01-22-2005, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by Skyline_Addict
hmmm, that totally sucks.
i'm an oriental fellow and haven't been turned away at a club (minus one time at whiskey on a 25+ night, which I still managed to get into after some debate). i have been to tequila a couple times, with no problems. it definetely didn't hurt to have one of the bouncers as my friend though - no cover charge :clap: .

anyways....i can't really speak from experience, but like everyone says....just don't give business to someone who doesn't want it from you. there are other places, better places out there. i never liked tequila.

i don't go clubbing alot, because i'm not particularly fond of it...but i usually went with a bunch of asian girls... that might help? lol.

:werd:
im asian and have never had a problem getting in to a club...

As long as your not dressed or act like a thuged out gangbanger and have proper ID you should have no problem..

on a side note...

Terence: I tried getting back to you but your PM box was full..

Skyline_Addict
01-22-2005, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by RX-7_TWINTURBO

:werd:
im asian and have never had a problem getting in to a club...

As long as your not dressed or act like a thuged out gangbanger and have proper ID you should have no problem..

on a side note...

Terence: I tried getting back to you but your PM box was full..

maybe they like fob looking guys better :)
anyways, my box isn't full...you should be able to PM me.

Wildcat
01-22-2005, 05:30 PM
you can say they dont let you in cause you look like a thug or whatever, but really they either want your business or they dont. even if it is just 2 of you guys, 2 will eventually turn into 4 and then into 8 and pretty soon its jihad via tequila. bars specifically target an age/ethnic demographic, thats what keeps people from coming back or not coming back, and that alone can make or break a bar.

but theres shitloads of bars in calgary so theres nothing to complain about really, just go somewhere that will cater to you better :dunno:

Moonracer
01-22-2005, 05:33 PM
fyi just the other night a popular club downtown busted 8 people for fake IDs.

rmk
01-22-2005, 07:46 PM
FYI, You should NEVER carry your SIN card with you, much less show it to anyone. That's how people can begin to take steps to steal your identity. Leave it at home man!

Some bouncers are just complete jerkoffs and you reallcy an't do anything about it, just don't take it personally. What goes around comes around. You can file a complaint with the rights commission, send a letter to the owner of the club, even the landlord.

Good luck bro!

balpreet
01-22-2005, 09:00 PM
Originally posted by rmk
FYI, You should NEVER carry your SIN card with you, much less show it to anyone. That's how people can begin to take steps to steal your identity. Leave it at home man!

Some bouncers are just complete jerkoffs and you reallcy an't do anything about it, just don't take it personally. What goes around comes around. You can file a complaint with the rights commission, send a letter to the owner of the club, even the landlord.

Good luck bro!

Thanks for the tip about the SIN card, I don't think filing a complaint is gonna make a difference though, there no real way to prove it.

hussein
01-23-2005, 01:35 PM
wow, glad i read this.

I just turned 18 and now I know to carry 2 peices of id with me if I go to Calgary, haha.

eeseen racing
01-23-2005, 01:51 PM
its not a race thing all the time for example im white cowboys doesnt let my in sometimes they make up reason after reason and its BS half the time but once they started 2 get to know me they let me in.. its simple if the bouncer doesnt like u u wont get it black whte asian whatever, but ya the clubs are racist for example i was at the line at coyotes and asked about thier dress code and he said the dress code is no groups of colored people exact words

so i beleive race is a factor but so is the bouncer not lliking you so deal with it is the only thing u can do

BloodBaneZXY
01-23-2005, 01:53 PM
I went to coyotes last night too, they only took one piece of ID from me and my buddies and we're all ethnic, probably help having white chicks with us though..

Hollywood
01-23-2005, 02:21 PM
Bars and resturants have the right to pic who the want in, if a bar in calgary said no white people then they could do it, and there would be nothing anyone could do its a private business which allows them to serve who they decide to, and not whats politically correct.

Juicy
01-24-2005, 02:35 AM
^^^ UUMMM, I don't think clubs can actually SAY "only" white ppl, that would be blatant discrimination and they would get in LOTS of trouble for that. But there are "unspoken practices" for sure.

I was at tequila once with girls and a bunch of guys, the girls were all wearing skirts so after waiting in line for like 45 min we asked the bouncers to go in first since we were so cold. They promised that the guys would get in in a few minutes but like 10 min after we went in they told my buddies that they were "closing line" for the night and wouldn't let them in.

But then everytime I go with a bunch of girls we skip line and walk in with no cover. So it just sucks to be a guy that wants to club in Calgary.

finboy
01-24-2005, 02:42 AM
Originally posted by Juicy

But then everytime I go with a bunch of girls we skip line and walk in with no cover. So it just sucks to be a guy that wants to club in Calgary.

depends how you look at it, most of the bars in calgary are so hurtbag, the bouncers are doing people a favor by not letting them in. :rofl:

Skyline_Addict
01-24-2005, 02:46 AM
clubbing is overrated. but that's just me.
alot of people go clubbing for the social experience. to meet new people. to have a one night stand. to pick up chicks.
i think clubs are one of the worst places to find somebody to meet and whom you'd wish to have a long term friendship with. those type of people aren't at clubs. besides, how can you hold a decent conversation with someone when they blast the music so loud.
i think clubbing is good for hanging out with your friends once in a while, to let lose, during a birthday or after exam week or something like that. if I ever did get rejected from a club, i know that i could find something better to do, so it doesn't bother me. i don't even listen to western music, so i'm not a fan of the music. i would definetely hit up a club back in japan though. world class stuff over there.

abyss
01-24-2005, 12:04 PM
Every club has it's moments. I find though, that more people complain about Coyote's than anywhere else. I'm a white girl and back when I was 19 they wouldn't let me in for my friends 18th birthday party cause it was 21+.....but her and my 5 other friends got in like 20 min earlier. The bouncer wanted us to pay like $30 a piece...whatever. Unfortunately the nature of the business allows for discrimination. If they don't want your business, then don't give it to them, simple as that.

toyboy88
01-24-2005, 01:15 PM
discussed many times..but still girls = access :hitit:

3g4me
01-24-2005, 01:42 PM
Not dressing like a thug = access.

Hollywood
01-24-2005, 01:46 PM
^^^ UUMMM, I don't think clubs can actually SAY "only" white ppl, that would be blatant discrimination and they would get in LOTS of trouble for that. But there are "unspoken practices" for sure.

There would be zero trouble and they can do it they have the right to refuse, they are a private business.

Sure the might get some bad publicity, but sometimes bad publicity is good for business too......

Wildcat
01-24-2005, 02:08 PM
id like to note that a "private" establishment is one that requires a membership. clubs may be privately owned and operated but they are still accesable to the public within AGLC regulations. they are public establishments, and it is a human rights violation to refuse admission to those above the legal drinking age with proper identification. the problem is "proper identification" is determined by the discretion of the club. lots of red tape here, and not alot you can do about it.

MerfBall
01-24-2005, 04:28 PM

Why do you think bars have signs up that they can ask for up to 3 pieces of id. How many people carry any other type of id other than their license. It's a way of saying, "hmmm, I don't want you in my bar".

And I have a friend who use to bounce at various night clubs and the owners always left it up to the bouncers to decide who was allowed in... and even though he's asian he count numerous times where he wouldn't let other asians in, because they just looked like trouble and he didn't want the trouble of having to stop of fight at night.

7thgenvic
01-24-2005, 04:58 PM
hahahah i love reading threads like this! really makes my day!

honeslty why don't you go do what that guy did that was in the hearld, wow he didn't get let into one club outta the 5 that he went to!

booo FUCKING HO! i hate all the race cards being played out because someone doesn't get let into a club!
i always get asked for 2 id's
big deal!
get over it!

SUPRAPHAT
01-24-2005, 05:54 PM
are you black? probably not

I have many black friends and it's always a bitch getting them into clubs. They don't always dress like "thugs" or any stupid shit like that either. I'm white and I have never personally had an issue getting into any club.

I don't know why asians have such issues, never had any issues getting any of my asian friends into clubs.

If they think there is too much wiener in a club then they will slow down or stop the wiener entry into the club.

Jason

t-im
01-24-2005, 06:35 PM
Didn't we have this debate a few months ago?

boohoo everyone is still saying the same things

whatever.

WhiteNikes
01-24-2005, 08:43 PM
Boo F**kin' hoo? Hype, mad hype. Racial profiling isn't a myth when it comes to the clubs. Go somewhere else? How 'bout I go to another 'public' place 'n' start throwin' racial slurs? Perhaps in Mac Hall of U of C? Would it be appropriate for me to tell pepole that don't want to hear it to go else where? Of course, minority groups can decide to take their business else where but that doesn't really solve the problem of blatant racism.

sexualbanana
01-25-2005, 01:03 AM
Maybe they didn't let you in because you weren't with any girls. Think about it. Which sex is most likely to want to go to a bar? Guys, because they want to meet girls or hook up with girls. Simple as that. Girls for the most part don't like going to bars. There's the occasional bar slut, but most girls don't like being hit on by random drunken strangers, especially drunken men. Why do you think bars have ladies' night and no guys' night?

Fact of the matter is, if they let every guy who wanted in in, the male to female ratio would be probably 5-6:1.

outrageousrich
01-25-2005, 12:08 PM
Yo I'm Asian and i have trouble gettin into Tequilla's. They ask for 3 pieces of gov't issued ID. who the fuck carries that kind o' shit around. And I have problems gettin into Coyotes, the bouncer told us that we wont get in cause we are Asian, he flat out said that, i should have spit in his face. Oh well this is Calgary so we just take our business else where. You have to deal with it you live in a white society run by white peeps.

sputnik
01-25-2005, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by outrageousrich
Yo I'm Asian and i have trouble gettin into Tequilla's. They ask for 3 pieces of gov't issued ID. who the fuck carries that kind o' shit around. And I have problems gettin into Coyotes, the bouncer told us that we wont get in cause we are Asian, he flat out said that, i should have spit in his face. Oh well this is Calgary so we just take our business else where. You have to deal with it you live in a white society run by white peeps.

Unfortunately, the latest round of shootings, stabbings and bar brawls have involved asians. For bar owners they try to make sure they sell tons of alcohol and to stay off the news. If that means keeping those who have been making the news lately out of their bar - expect it to happen. Thats life.

Your best bet is to blend in and stay low key. If you are asian and you go to the bar with 8 or 9 of your male friends and are dressed in streetwear with your hair all spiked... you MAY raise some red flags. If you dont wish to associate with those that have been causing trouble lately, perhaps change your image and bouncers may overlook you.

I dont intend to be racist, or to condone the racial discrimination many face. However, there are simple things that can be done to lessen the impact of the apparent "racism at bars".

finboy
01-25-2005, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by outrageousrich
i should have spit in his face.

that attitude right there is why you aren't letinto the clubs

You have to deal with it you live in a white society run by white peeps.

and now its time for hate on whitey

Lo)2enz0
01-25-2005, 06:44 PM
hey I am white and 19 years old and I have been asked for 5 pieces of id and my asian friends have only been asked for 1, and guess where this was at, tequila.

stop complaining and move on, if they want o be racist let them.

Laurier

gatorade
01-26-2005, 01:06 AM
Originally posted by Lo)2enz0
hey I am white and 19 years old and I have been asked for 5 pieces of id and my asian friends have only been asked for 1, and guess where this was at, tequila.

stop complaining and move on, if they want o be racist let them.

Laurier

some bouncers play tricks like that, they pretend to let some people in, and then they go and cut one person, because they know you guys won't go in the club if one of their friends can't get in.

d-UNiT
01-26-2005, 03:19 AM
im gonna try my best to respond without being racist.. but when asians show up to a club dressed like they're shit is so hot, with smug looks on their faces.. the bouncers arent gonna let you in.. lighten up.. wear some colourful clothes.. and smile.. and maybe they will let you in.. if not.. go to crazyhorse.. tonnes of asians go there and the music is sick

d-UNiT
01-26-2005, 03:30 AM
"
You have to deal with it you live in a white society run by white peeps. "

how ignorant are you.. man this is gonna turn into a racial debate first off.. if you are a second generation asian born in canada you should be thankful that canada has accepted your family from refuge from their previous country... if white people run the society whos fault is that?... go out get an education and break the racial barriers that you seem to think exist.. everyone has an equal right in canada, people like you are exactly whats wrong with this world.. you segregate yourself from the western civialized culture in which your parents brought you to so that you could live peacefully and not worry about currupt government or militial drafting without choice..

all i have to say is that im tired of asians constantly complaining that they dont get treated the same because the colour of their skin.. like im trying not to be racist.. but african canadian citizens get treated a lot worse than anyone else, the acts of few have put a damper on their freedom .. they are truly the only ones who have a right to complain about being treated unjustly.. it just seems like the asians complain more about unimportant issues.. where there are more important issues to deal with

on a lighter note.. everyone please do their part on donating to the canadian red cross for the tsunami relief fund

Chiggles
01-26-2005, 04:09 AM
To all the Asians who have trouble getting into Tequila or wherever, leave your whole gangbang image at home. Seriously, it's not so much the threadz you're wearing or how your hair's done as much as it is the attitude where you walk up to the bouncer giving him the look that says "what the fuck are you looking at?".

I'm Asian, and the last time I went to Tequila was back in July during a visit when one of my best friends (brown guy) came home for a few days from Toronto. It was a bit of a reunion party for us since we hadn't seen each other for about 2 years before that night. Anyway, neither myself, my buddy, or his brother, nor any of the other asian guys we went with were ever double-carded there. For that matter, I've never been double-carded in my life anywhere, ever. Period. Why not? Cuz when I walk up to the door, I fork over my ID politely, greet the bouncer with a smile, and just play it cool. The guy's just doing his job, so what reason do I have to give him a dirty look, right? Sure, having a bunch of girls helps you get in, but only in the sense of timeliness. So unless things have changed THAT much in the last 6 months since I've been home, having the right attitude will get you in one way or another; having the right attitude with a hottie at your side just gets you in sooner than later. Check the attitude at home before you walk out your door and you'll probably improve your chances. :thumbsup:

sexualbanana
01-26-2005, 10:56 AM
I've never had a lot of trouble getting into a bar. I'm asian, and I'm 21. I look like I'm 12, but I never get double carded at a bar. I got doubled ONCE at casino when I was 18 and that would be the extent of my experiences getting double carded.

So is it race? Probably not. At least not for me.

googe
01-26-2005, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by sexualbanana
I've never had a lot of trouble getting into a bar. I'm asian, and I'm 21. I look like I'm 12, but I never get double carded at a bar. I got doubled ONCE at casino when I was 18 and that would be the extent of my experiences getting double carded.

So is it race? Probably not. At least not for me.

fyi, all casinos in alberta double card every time.

gatorade
01-26-2005, 03:31 PM
To the asians who never have problems getting into clubs, its probably because you guys look like fobs,wear abercrombie and fitch, and are totally white washed.

I never got double carded at frank sissons, but I did at Elbow.

fast95pony
01-27-2005, 12:03 AM
Originally posted by Lo)2enz0
hey I am white and 19 years old and I have been asked for 5 pieces of id ...

I'm suprised the bouncer could count that high.
:nut:

Chiggles
01-27-2005, 05:31 AM
Originally posted by googe

fyi, all casinos in alberta double card every time.

Never been carded in a casino yet actually.

Originally posted by gatorade
To the asians who never have problems getting into clubs, its probably because you guys look like fobs,wear abercrombie and fitch, and are totally white washed.

I never got double carded at frank sissons, but I did at Elbow.

Hell no, yo. 100% CBC here. The fob look definitely doesn't suit me. And I wouldn't say TOTALLY white washed.... just slightly. :tongue: :rofl:

googe
01-27-2005, 09:13 AM
Originally posted by Chiggles

Never been carded in a casino yet actually.

Really? Youve gone to the local ones? My addict friends are on a first name basis with the door people and see them multiple times a week, yet they always double card them for the camera. They said even though they know him they have to do it on camera every time. Oh well :)

Anyway theyre all white, so in the case of the casino its certainly not related to race.

sexualbanana
01-27-2005, 05:39 PM

so by deduction, the only people who have trouble getting into clubs would be the Hardcore gangster type. Hmmmmm, who would've thought?

Chiggles
01-28-2005, 12:18 AM
Originally posted by googe

Really? Youve gone to the local ones? My addict friends are on a first name basis with the door people and see them multiple times a week, yet they always double card them for the camera. They said even though they know him they have to do it on camera every time. Oh well :)

Anyway theyre all white, so in the case of the casino its certainly not related to race.

Well, it could just very well be that policies have changed around back at home since I last went to a casino down there. Would've been at the Elbow I think, about 6 years ago or so.... haven't been back to a Calgary casino yet since then. Up here, I've been to 2 casinos and still haven't been asked for ID ever.

Skyline_Addict
01-28-2005, 01:17 AM
Originally posted by d-UNiT
im gonna try my best to respond without being racist.. but when asians show up to a club dressed like they're shit is so hot, with smug looks on their faces.. the bouncers arent gonna let you in.. lighten up.. wear some colourful clothes.. and smile.. and maybe they will let you in.. if not.. go to crazyhorse.. tonnes of asians go there and the music is sick

that's only a small percentage of them. of course, once they make the news, it blows it outta proportion.

gatorade
01-28-2005, 07:07 PM
what exactly do you qualify as "looking" hardcore gangster?. We aren't allowed to wear black shoes, diesel pants, and have streaked hair?. Are bouncers that pussy that they can't handle one or two asians who might start a fight?.

If we showed up in a group 5 or car loads, I wouldn't blame them for not letting asians in, but one or even two is BS.

88CRX
01-28-2005, 07:30 PM
Originally posted by Chiggles
To all the Asians who have trouble getting into Tequila or wherever, leave your whole gangbang image at home. Seriously, it's not so much the threadz you're wearing or how your hair's done as much as it is the attitude where you walk up to the bouncer giving him the look that says "what the fuck are you looking at?".

I'm Asian, and the last time I went to Tequila was back in July during a visit when one of my best friends (brown guy) came home for a few days from Toronto. It was a bit of a reunion party for us since we hadn't seen each other for about 2 years before that night. Anyway, neither myself, my buddy, or his brother, nor any of the other asian guys we went with were ever double-carded there. For that matter, I've never been double-carded in my life anywhere, ever. Period. Why not? Cuz when I walk up to the door, I fork over my ID politely, greet the bouncer with a smile, and just play it cool. The guy's just doing his job, so what reason do I have to give him a dirty look, right? Sure, having a bunch of girls helps you get in, but only in the sense of timeliness. So unless things have changed THAT much in the last 6 months since I've been home, having the right attitude will get you in one way or another; having the right attitude with a hottie at your side just gets you in sooner than later. Check the attitude at home before you walk out your door and you'll probably improve your chances. :thumbsup:

pretty much sums it all up right thur.

Melinda
01-28-2005, 07:34 PM
what exactly do you qualify as "looking" hardcore gangster?. We aren't allowed to wear black shoes, diesel pants, and have streaked hair?. Are bouncers that pussy that they can't handle one or two asians who might start a fight?.

If we showed up in a group 5 or car loads, I wouldn't blame them for not letting asians in, but one or even two is BS.
Not if those asians have guns, which is what their concern would me. No one fist fights anymore, it's all gotta be drama queen crap. Though it isnt just the asians that are shooting and stabbing...every race has made the news, asians just seem to get more of the crappy rep because of it.

t-im
01-28-2005, 07:35 PM

fights are somethign they try to prevent from happening...it doesn't matter if they COULD handle it or not if they can prevent it in the first place.

ninspeed
01-28-2005, 11:44 PM
in the 80's it was the white guys getting drunk on electric ave and HUGE fights, 90's asians and their knifes... 2000's. well you get the drift....

gatorade
01-29-2005, 12:54 AM
if people are worried about guns or knives, then the bouncers should carry metal detectors and pat you down, they do that Warehouse and I have absolutely no problem with that.

Shoebox//Racer
01-29-2005, 10:28 AM
i ended up speaking with the old manager of the palace a few years back after they wouldnt let a group of my friends in ON NEW YEARS EVE because we didnt have 2 pieces of government issue picture ID on us. And we had pre bought tickets for 35 or 40$.

its always the same excuse we need 2 gov't picture IDs. But trust me... when everyone else says find a new club. just listen to em. .. One of our friends had his birth certifact, passport, and military ID ontop of his driver's license and they still wouldnt let him in. If they don't let you in you aint gettin in.... unless you pay 20 $ extra.

anyways, back to the manager of the palace he basically dodged most questions i asked him but was very polite about it and my conclusion is if you are gonna go to the club... go in seperately and split up your group in the line. If they see a group of more than 4 asian or brown guys who all know each other, generally they'll give you a hard time because they assume that you will be trouble later on.

go in 2 at a time or some shit like that.... yes.. very ghey, but it aint gonna change.

just my 2 cents.