PDA

View Full Version : Broke my stick...question

dezmarez
01-22-2005, 05:36 PM
i bought a synergy grip on january 7th, i broke it last night and now am going to go through the steps to get my warrenty, but it seems pretty difficult...anyone else go through this? how long did it take to get it back? howd you send it? who did you send it with? any other information would help thanks.

Kobe
01-22-2005, 05:41 PM
its a hockey stick if anyone is wondering.. haha

but no offence why spend like 200 on a hockey stick... go the store u got it from, and ask them...

how long ago did u buy it?

dezmarez
01-22-2005, 05:43 PM
i dunno haha i had some extra money from christmas so i said why not.......i went to the store, they said they can't do anything about it and that its only something i can do through easton, i bought it on jan 7th so two weeks ago

Kobe
01-22-2005, 05:48 PM
http://www.eastonhockey.com/main2.asp

Has a number you should call :)

dezmarez
01-22-2005, 05:59 PM
thanks.... i just want to know if anyone else went through this and how long of a wait im looking at

hockeybronx
01-23-2005, 02:44 AM
After I broke 3 shafts (2 Z-Bubble Grips, and one Synergy) in a single semester of hockey, I decided to package them all up in a box and send them back to Easton. I ended up getting the address to their offices in Montreal off of their webpage.

I wrote a letter explaining what happened, I missed the warrenty time on two of them by like a month, and the third didn't have a warrenty.

Needless to say they never responded.

When I was younger a pair of Easton gloves I bought wore out in the palms after like a month, we contacted a rep and he sent me a brand new pair, with some grip tape which is apparently better on your gloves.

So I've had one positive and one negative experience with Easton and their product qualities.

interlude
01-23-2005, 03:15 AM
where did you buy them? if its within 30 days.. you can bring it back to the store (they might take it and replace it for you and they will handle the warranty) OR if they are dicks.. then you will have to contact Easton yourself.

I have a Synthesis silver shaft and the Synthesis yellow grip. Best sticks I've ever owned. I've had the silver one since August and the grip for over 2 months.. no problems what so ever.. I onlyhad to replace the blade once on one of them.

LancerShelby
01-23-2005, 11:44 AM
I suggest buying cheaper sticks in the future, expensive equipement doesn't make you a better player.

colinderksen
01-24-2005, 01:23 AM
I just go back to the Easton rep I know for the Flames/Oil/WHL and get a new one for cheeeeeeap

interlude
01-24-2005, 02:56 AM
Originally posted by colinderksen
I just go back to the Easton rep I know for the Flames/Oil/WHL and get a new one for cheeeeeeap

HOOK ME UP THEN lol.. do a beyond groupbuy.. im looking to buy another easton stick. Im looking at either the stealth or the red si-core grip.

hockeybronx
01-24-2005, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by interlude

HOOK ME UP THEN lol.. do a beyond groupbuy.. im looking to buy another easton stick. Im looking at either the stealth or the red si-core grip.

Tried that before...doesn't work. Reps can usually do it for a few guys, but any time the words "group" and "buy" get together in the sentence then the reps usually bail out.

dezmarez
01-24-2005, 10:19 PM
i got contact with easton, they gave me an authorization number that i have to put on my pakage, so im sending it off on thursday and ill see what happens.....if i did contact an easton rep why would he give me a deal?

interlude
01-25-2005, 02:25 AM
ok.. how about GET ME a deal.. red si-core grip or stealth. LH iginla curve. lol

Team_Mclaren
01-25-2005, 03:00 AM
ok.. how about GET ME a deal.. red si-core grip or stealth. LH iginla curve. lol

its not gonna help you man, why not learn how to skate first:poosie: :poosie:

j/k buddy :D

awdterror
02-03-2005, 10:32 PM
I just broke my SiCore, they gave me the option of a sicore grip, or the holy SYNERGY SL

It shalt be added to my stable of 2 Stealth's, an XN10, and a couple of fused inno 1100's :eek:

gongSHOW
02-03-2005, 11:18 PM
^ shit nice stick collection. Which is better the stealth or the XN10. I like the feel of the TPS' better but then the Easton's but the curves are shit.

hockeybronx
02-03-2005, 11:24 PM
I'm completely back to the wood sticks now. After breaking 5 shafts in the last season and a half (1 synthesis, 2 Z-bubble, 2 Synergy) I sold my last Synthesis shaft to my buddy for $30.00.

I just can't afford to be popping $90.00 blades into them any longer.

Picked up a $25.00 wood stick from Canadian Tire today, it'll do me just fine!

interlude
02-04-2005, 01:27 AM
what the hell are you shooting? 10 pounds pucks? ive been using mine for awhile.. and only had to replace the blade once.. unless your one dirty ass player and like to hack at people.

wait a sec.. i do that too haha

gongSHOW
02-04-2005, 08:16 AM
you can pop the synthesis Hybrid in (graphite, wood mixture) very good only about 20 - 30 grams heavier and a lot better feel for the puck.

gongSHOW
02-04-2005, 08:17 AM
Originally posted by hockeybronx
I'm completely back to the wood sticks now. After breaking 5 shafts in the last season and a half (1 synthesis, 2 Z-bubble, 2 Synergy) I sold my last Synthesis shaft to my buddy for $30.00.

I just can't afford to be popping $90.00 blades into them any longer.

Picked up a $25.00 wood stick from Canadian Tire today, it'll do me just fine!
did you throw away your broken synthesis, if not I'll take it off you or any of your one pieces PM me

awdterror
02-04-2005, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by gongSHOW
^ shit nice stick collection. Which is better the stealth or the XN10. I like the feel of the TPS' better but then the Easton's but the curves are shit.

For shot velocity comparing them back to back the XN10 feels a bit harder. Stealth IMHO is better for stick handling, shot accuracy, passing, etc. Blade is supposed to be ultra-strong on the Synergy SL, so I can't wait to try them out.

If you want to buy a composite stick, hold off for a few months. Easton and most other makers shit is coming out April 05, and old synergies, etc, will be hugely on sale with the new Synergy ST and SL's coming out.

hockeybronx
02-07-2005, 12:38 AM
Originally posted by gongSHOW

did you throw away your broken synthesis, if not I'll take it off you or any of your one pieces PM me

Sorry man, yeah I threw it away, it was a long break (about 6 inches of splinter).

Just bought a $19.00 wood Koho from Canadian Tire. Last three games with it I've gone hat trick, hat trick, two goals.

Hooray for cheapness!
:clap: :clap:

dezmarez
02-18-2005, 04:33 PM
haha i know this thread is old and nobody cares but.....
easton called me today saying they had no more synergy grips in stock and asked if i would like a stealth sent to me instead...i said sure.... so now im getting a 350 dollar stealth for my 200 dollar broken stick haha a difference of 150 bucks...so things worked out for the better

hockeybronx
02-18-2005, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by dezmarez
haha i know this thread is old and nobody cares but.....
easton called me today saying they had no more synergy grips in stock and asked if i would like a stealth sent to me instead...i said sure.... so now im getting a 350 dollar stealth for my 200 dollar broken stick haha a difference of 150 bucks...so things worked out for the better

Nice man, I guess it worked for you. Like I said before, I've had one positive and one negative experience with returning Easton products, which isn't that bad.

dezmarez
02-25-2005, 08:20 PM
got the stealth last night
played with it for the first time
3 ginos and 1 apple
haha
AMAZING stick

but ya thats it from meeeeeeee haha
:)

gongSHOW
02-25-2005, 08:31 PM
Sweeet, that is an awesome stick I heard, never tried one yet though.

colinderksen
03-02-2005, 04:01 PM
Are they selling blades for them yet? I have one here but havent checked around to see if blades are available at the stores.

gongSHOW
03-02-2005, 07:14 PM
Are they selling blades for them yet? I have one here but havent checked around to see if blades are available at the stores.
blades for what? the stealth, its a one piece

colinderksen
03-05-2005, 04:58 PM
Iim talking about the Synthesis

hockeybronx
03-06-2005, 12:15 AM
Iim talking about the Synthesis

:confused: Synthesis blades? They've been on the market for probably a year and a half now.

From what I've seen there are different varieties available anywhere from $49.99 to $99.99.

colinderksen
03-06-2005, 09:27 PM
Hhmm, guess I dont ever go into sports stores and check out gear very much.
I think its a shit stick anyways, dont like how the blades are so short.

hockeybronx
03-07-2005, 12:06 AM

I thought the Synthesis was alright, but it's just too expensive for me. I'd definetely prefer the Synergy grip as my favorite, then probably the Sythesis, however at this point all I can handle is $30.00 sticks from Canadian Tire:dunno:

awdterror
03-09-2005, 08:20 PM

Synthesis blades are just as long or short as any other easton blade.

PS, I'm addicted, had to try a Synergy SL out. Feels like a slightly heavier Stealth that doesn't flex as much. Paint chips damn quick.

colinderksen
03-10-2005, 05:30 PM
Originally posted by awdterror

Synthesis blades are just as long or short as any other easton blade.

PS, I'm addicted, had to try a Synergy SL out. Feels like a slightly heavier Stealth that doesn't flex as much. Paint chips damn quick.
Not the synthesis blades I have. The shafts are longer and the blades are shorter.

gongSHOW
03-10-2005, 10:20 PM
by having the blade shorter it gives you a better flex point more in them middle i believe and it decreases the power transfer team, so more of your power is transferred into your shot. Its a good blade, once you break your normal stick pop synthesis blade in there, but you have to get it cut at the right place because its thinner

interlude
03-10-2005, 10:47 PM
Anybody interested in buying a synthesis? I have a silver one for sale. Picked up a vapor XXX and using my yellow synthesis as a backup

gongSHOW
03-10-2005, 10:59 PM
Anybody interested in buying a synthesis? I have a silver one for sale. Picked up a vapor XXX and using my yellow synthesis as a backup
check PM

interlude
03-10-2005, 11:06 PM
replied :thumbsup: