PDA

View Full Version : Swirls & Scratches

Hammer3.8
01-23-2005, 02:32 PM
Hey,

Any body know of a good product for removing swirls and scratches. I currently use the mothers 3 step system with an orbital polisher. Mothers doesn't have anything that I'm looking for.

Cheers!

SwitchBlade
01-25-2005, 12:02 AM
The best way is to get them power polished out

hockeybronx
01-25-2005, 02:19 AM
Originally posted by SwitchBlade
The best way is to get them power polished out

Just a question.... does power polishing really get the swirls out or does it simply cover it up?

djayz
01-25-2005, 02:25 AM
I would say it just covers them up
i power polished my van...it looked great but now thats its sat outside the winter it looks like it did before with all the swirls and what not

i think if you do it every 6 months it will get rid of them because the paint will keep getting blended in.

RickDaTuner
01-25-2005, 07:45 AM
Originally posted by Hammer3.8
Hey,

Any body know of a good product for removing swirls and scratches. I currently use the mothers 3 step system with an orbital polisher. Mothers doesn't have anything that I'm looking for.

Cheers! y our first bet is not to wash your car with the brush that people always use at the car wash, those brushes destroy paint.

instead take a clean cloth with you so that after you have gotten rid of all the gunk of the side of your car, you can remove the fine dirt and dust that has acumalated(sp) if you was you car like this everytime since you initially take it off the lot, you wouldnt have any swirl marks to begin with

Gspotracer
01-25-2005, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by hockeybronx

Just a question.... does power polishing really get the swirls out or does it simply cover it up?

a proper cut & polish will remove swirls from the clearcoat, but if you just polish it & don't use a cutting compound then you are just covering it up:thumbsup: