PDA

View Full Version : hotmail block?

civicrider
01-23-2005, 03:52 PM
just woundering if anyone else has had this happen to them, or if anyone knows how to fix it. when i log onto hotmail, it opens my email for like 5 seconds and then it loads up one of those screens you get when you goto a site that doesnt exist. i ran virus checks and everything and found nothing. some help would be great!

Godfuader
01-23-2005, 10:56 PM
Originally posted by civicrider
just woundering if anyone else has had this happen to them, or if anyone knows how to fix it. when i log onto hotmail, it opens my email for like 5 seconds and then it loads up one of those screens you get when you goto a site that doesnt exist. i ran virus checks and everything and found nothing. some help would be great!

Welcome to the wonderful world of 'Trojan Virus' I just got it 4days ago! does it take u to a page for which the web addy is "about:blank"?

I've tried Norton, Spybot and Spyware Doctor. The last one acknowledges it but says it cant do anything about it. on the page it takes u to (about:blank) the first link is for spyware block and yes its a pay removal service. Seems like thats the only way. Someone on here must know how to get rid of a hostile trojan virus. :dunno:

civicrider
01-23-2005, 10:59 PM
shitty so does anyone know how to get rid of this trojan virus?

sabad66
01-23-2005, 11:15 PM
Try booting your computer in safemode, start, run, msconfig, go to startup tab, and remove everything except msn.

civicrider
01-23-2005, 11:21 PM
^
why everything except msn, what will that cause?

sabad66
01-23-2005, 11:31 PM
None of the garbage to load up...

civicrider
01-23-2005, 11:34 PM
okay so how do i get into safemode? and after im done to i restart into normal mode?