PDA

View Full Version : who have been fixing car from contemporary coachwork

bighead2267
01-23-2005, 11:24 PM
Hi, have any do business with them. are they any good or it's just the rumor their quality going down. any opinion/suggestion?

all i can say is their price is..........................:eek:

jdmakkord
01-23-2005, 11:50 PM
Do a search!!!! There is a thread about them at least once a week!!!!!

cujo_cjc
01-24-2005, 01:37 AM
they seem to do less quality work on the not so high end cars (lexus, bmw, mb)

i had to go back there 3 times to get what i specifically wanted done

basically to get my front bumper repainted with a front lip put on took them 2.5 weeks

with my dad's lexus their service is much better

maybe its just me tho :dunno:

7thgenvic
01-24-2005, 01:43 AM
1)national first
2)contemporary coach

it really depends on what you want done and what car you have! if you have a honda, national does a ton of work on hondas
plus silent rage is there if you want some graphics done!

make sure you take it to a place that other have had good work done, you don't want to be spending the money at some crap autobody shop who has never installed or painted a kit!

bighead2267
01-24-2005, 10:04 PM
well, what i've heard is their quality goes down, is that true? or anyone have experience??

bighead2267
01-24-2005, 10:05 PM
well, i don't really trust National(persona opinion)

BokCh0y
01-24-2005, 11:04 PM
I went there when I had my 1999 Honda Accord EX-V6 to have a spoiler painted and installed. I bought the spoiler from the dealership new - factory OEM part except they didn't have my color cuz they discontinued the color so they so I ended up getting a different color. But anyways I brought it to Contemporary Coachwork and they painted and installed it for $200 including wiring up the third brake light and the spring kit for the trunk. The color match was PERFECT and the installation was very very good. No gaps, no silicon sealant dripping out (Had Crowfoot Image Autobody do a factory spoiler for me.........it's rusting on the trunk now with the silicon sealant goo all over the place - will post a pic soon) anyways I really liked the quality of their work.

I also had some minor damage/rust spot on my front end and had them quote me for repair. They said to paint the hood alone was like $1000 but the process the dude there explained to me was that they actually acid dip the part and clean of all the rust and corrosion etc. Then they add their own rust inhibitor and then paint. I had them do that for me too and DAMN it was like new. They matched and blended the paint really good.

Thing is they are pricey but they do the job right the first time without any shortcuts. When I went to Crowfoot Image the guy there only charged my $40 to install the spoiler, like I said the trunks now rusting where they drilled a hole for the spoiler. You get what you pay for is all I'm trying to say. Cheap places take shortcuts and do the job fast so they can make $$$. Good quality places do it right......take their time and use the right process. The quality was excellent, I was really happy with the end result.

Only thing I didn't like about Contempory Coachworks was that fat asian girl in the front with the attitude problem. That chick acts like she owns the joint and talks down to the younger crowd especially if their asian and they want stuff like body kit or spoilers installed and painted. When I went there she treated me like crap cuz all I drove at the time was an accord......that chick wouldn't get anyone to help me with a quote or anything when i called. Even when I showed in person she made me wait like 15 minutes while she did her fukin nails!!!!!! Anyways I ended up going in and talking to a guy there named Bob. I think he's either the manager or part owner, but he took real good care of me. i wanted to slam my foot up her ass and punch her in the mouth, but this is just my opinion :)

end rant and opinion :D

DuPont
01-24-2005, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by BokCh0y
They said to paint the hood alone was like $1000 but the process the dude there explained to me was that they actually acid dip the part and clean of all the rust and corrosion etc. Then they add their own rust inhibitor and then paint.

wtf? $1000 for the hood alone? A NEW hood, epoxied, blocked-out, painted, and cleared, wet-sanded, and polished wouldn't be over $800.

BokCh0y
01-24-2005, 11:34 PM
Originally posted by DuPont

wtf? $1000 for the hood alone? A NEW hood, epoxied, blocked-out, painted, and cleared, wet-sanded, and polished wouldn't be over $800.

When I called T&T they quoted me $600 for the hood alone + paint and installation. So I don't where your getting your $800 from.....you going to maaco or something? Proabaly coulda got it done for cheaper but I wanted it done right.

DuPont
01-25-2005, 01:23 AM
Aftermarket parts... theres some parts I wouldn't go with aftermarket - (fenders), but I've had good luck with hoods.

heavyD
01-25-2005, 09:15 AM

When I called T&T they quoted me $600 for the hood alone + paint and installation. So I don't where your getting your $800 from.....you going to maaco or something? Proabaly coulda got it done for cheaper but I wanted it done right.

I think what the guy meant is that $1000 to paint a hood is way too expensive. If you paid that much to have a hood painted I assume that you didn't sit on your ass for at least a week after being bent over and taking it severely in the behind by the good people at contemporary.;)

DuPont
01-25-2005, 08:47 PM

Thats a shitty price. I looked it up today. The hood AND installation is still only $530. Thats an OEM hood too. Knock off a c-note or two for aftermarket. 2-stage int./ext. surfaces painted 'll be $400.

Originally posted by heavyD
I think what the guy meant is that $1000 to paint a hood is way too expensive. If you paid that much to have a hood painted I assume that you didn't sit on your ass for at least a week after being bent over and taking it severely in the behind by the good people at contemporary.;)

:werd: I think they saw you coming a mile away. Theres a difference between doing it right and paying a lot of money to make you think your doing it right. imo.

bighead2267
01-25-2005, 10:30 PM
well, i agree they pricey but they really spend time to get job done.........very good example......when u wanna paint the molding....some body shop wont' even take it out and pain it.....that's why they a so charge so cheap..........and it will peel off like few months later and they wont' provide warranty.....