PDA

View Full Version : 3rd party leasing companies

googe
01-24-2005, 09:42 AM
Does anyone know of any companies that offer leasing on new cars that arent affiliated with a dealer? Looking for something new, and Im changing cars too often, so I figure I may as well lease...but I also want to take advantage of the state of the canadian dollar vs the us dollar, and cant see any american dealerships liking the idea of an international lease. Does anyone in town do something like that?

GoChris
01-24-2005, 11:13 AM
I leased a car through Jim Peplinskis they were pretty good. It was actually cheaper for me to lease than to buy it and finance it.

googe
01-24-2005, 11:57 AM
what are their interest rates like?

talked to him just now and he said he would do it if i bought the car first, like a reimbursement :dunno:

better than nothing i guess

GoChris
01-24-2005, 01:55 PM
interest rates. competitive i guess, lower than the dealership would give me.

max_boost
01-24-2005, 05:07 PM
Lease rates are pretty low all across the board, what type of car are you looking for? I consider any lease rate lower than 5% to be a good rate. And there are so many cars in that range right now.

A couple companies that come to mind are Jim Peplinski (as mentioned above) and Driving Force. But those cars can be had at your regular dealers.

What benefits are there to go with a 3rd party company? Even lower rates on certain vehicles? More flexible terms? :dunno:

benyl
01-24-2005, 05:19 PM
Send a PM to jlowe on imprezawrxsti.com

From his story, he basically got a check from the leasing company and went down to Montana and picked up his STi.

Wish I had known that... I would have done the same. I don't remember him mentioning what company it was with though.

Did you finally sell the STi?