PDA

View Full Version : Alternative for front raises

gggunit
01-24-2005, 02:55 PM
Since my rotator cuff is really F@#ked up I cant really do heavy weights when doing front raises.. i mean light like 12.5 - 15 pound dumbells.. any other alternative excersise out there??

shoulder pain :thumbsdow

1badPT
01-24-2005, 04:02 PM
if you have a rotator cuff injury you probably shouldn't work shoulders at all until it heals :dunno: hell, i would think any excercise that has anything to do with shoulders / arms is out until you heal but that's just an edumacated guess

hockeybronx
01-25-2005, 02:15 AM
Originally posted by gggunit
Since my rotator cuff is really F@#ked up I cant really do heavy weights when doing front raises.. i mean light like 12.5 - 15 pound dumbells.. any other alternative excersise out there??

shoulder pain :thumbsdow

I don't know how old you are, but I'd say you are under 25 so your best bet is to just focus on recovering your injured shoulder. If you aren't smart about it, you can leave damage that will stay with you for the rest of your life.

You can really aid and quicken the healing process by following proper rehab procedures for the injury. I do research quite a bit of Sport Injury Therapy, but all I could suggest for a torn rotator cuff is continuous doses of ice, range of motion exercises, flexibility training, and rest.

Take it easy now and deal with it properly, so it doesn't hold you back in the future:thumbsup: