PDA

View Full Version : Monitor or video card?

szw
01-24-2005, 08:55 PM
My monitor lately has been having fits.

Everything looks perfect most of the time but occasionally the screen will look like it shakes a little. Its like the screen 'vibrates' a bit.

Lasts for a second or two and then goes back to normal. Is this a sign my monitor is gonna go, or could it possible be the video card? Just want to make sure before purchasing.

Thanks.

jaysas_63
01-24-2005, 09:11 PM
sounds like the monitor man....but i would wait for a more computer savy person to reply, before u replace anything

EnRich
01-24-2005, 09:27 PM
Its the monitor bro...

5hift
01-24-2005, 10:43 PM
If the problem happens randomly for no reason its the monitor most likely. If it happens when you have streaming video or try to load something it could be the video card but most likely not.

Neil4Speed
01-24-2005, 11:18 PM
Give a try lowering the refresh rates and reducing the strain on the monitor, just to check

Chiggles
01-26-2005, 05:24 AM
If you have the resources, test the monitor on another computer to see if you get the same symptom. All other suggestions made previously are perfectly valid. One slim chance - install an anti-virus program if you haven't done so already and make sure your definitions are up to date; perform a scan of your system and see what the test results are. Good luck.