PDA

View Full Version : working out wit weight everyday

smokedog
01-24-2005, 11:47 PM
is working out with weights everyday a good thing or a bad thing to do?? does it slow down the process of growth??

2002civic
01-25-2005, 12:11 AM
if you switch body parts daily not a bad thing but you need a rest day once a week usually

hockeybronx
01-25-2005, 02:18 AM
Originally posted by smokedog
is working out with weights everyday a good thing or a bad thing to do?? does it slow down the process of growth??

It all depends on your lifestyle. Supplements, sleep habits, warming up/cooling down, flexibility training, proper technique... they can all effect how the muscle recooperates and how quickly. Be conscious of these things in your everyday life.

For the health of your workouts I would suggest that you rotate body parts, exercises, and routines quite often or else you'll get sick of it and just give up.

MidnightDreamer
01-25-2005, 02:52 AM
3-4 days a week is what I heard recommended. I also heard that it's a big problem that most people aren't lifting enough weights... The amount of weights you should be lifting is 60-70% of your one rep max. Meaning, if you can lift a 100lb. weight just once, then you should be lifting 60 - 70lb. weights. You should be able to do about 8 reps of your 60-70% 1rep max, and 3 sets of those per day. But I heard this was for strength training... So I might be way off track here.

hockeybronx
01-26-2005, 02:33 AM
Originally posted by MidnightDreamer
You should be able to do about 8 reps of your 60-70% 1rep max, and 3 sets of those per day. But I heard this was for strength training... So I might be way off track here.

No, that's pretty much it. It depends on your goals. Usually if you are trying to tone, go about 15 reps x 3 sets, if you are trying to get muscle and keep toned go about 8 reps x 3 sets, and if you are trying to add pure size and strength then go 3-5 reps x 3 sets.

It all depends on your intentions while working out.