PDA

View Full Version : real player fucks up another computer...

tsi_neal
01-25-2005, 05:55 PM
So despite my better judgement i installed real player to watch some stuff that wasnt available in other formats... now i cant get windows media player to open the video when i click on it. It insists to download the entire thing before it will play. VERY ANNOYING, especially for bigger videos.

In real player i found a box to start playing video as it downloads, no such option in windows media player. can anyone tell me how to get things back to normal.

iceburns288
01-25-2005, 06:04 PM
Real Player is the spawn of the devil.:thumbsdow

tsi_neal
01-25-2005, 06:11 PM
after doing some checking it seems that all formats will load straight to video EXCEPT for mpeg's?

Alpine Autowerks
01-25-2005, 07:02 PM
to only bigger malware than Real is Windows itself

ehos
01-25-2005, 07:19 PM
It's easy to fix. Right click on the .mpeg, and choose 'Opens with' (this is for XP).

Other Windows are similar, just change it from Real back to Media player.

(Usually Media player will ask if it should be the default?)

tsi_neal
01-25-2005, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by ehos
It's easy to fix. Right click on the .mpeg, and choose 'Opens with' (this is for XP).

Other Windows are similar, just change it from Real back to Media player.

(Usually Media player will ask if it should be the default?)

that was about the first thing i tried, yes it did get it to default back to windows media, but when off the interent would still fully DL the file first.

id did get it working tho... had to set real as the default, check the play instantly box restart the computer. then change the defalut back to windows media and restart again.

My biggest complaint about ANY new software is that it automatically assumes it should be the default for everything it knows how to play. but the reality is i only have quicktime and (now) real on my computer for the very rare times that someone makes their vid in a quicktime or real format. At least apple doesnt fuck with much when you install it...

wildkarrde
01-26-2005, 12:07 AM
Dowload Alternative Player instead.

legendboy
01-26-2005, 09:32 AM
http://www.free-codecs.com/download/Real_Alternative.htm