PDA

View Full Version : No draft means Crosby in the Q

gggunit
01-25-2005, 08:10 PM
since the NHL is locked out.. it means Crosby will have to stay in the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League .

http://tsn.ca/nhl/news_story.asp?id=112587

once this whole lock out mess is done.. the league might as well fold.. half the Cities dont deserve teams..

heres my list of teams that DONT deserve to be in the NHL

Mighty Ducks
Tampa bay (gotta give out free beer to get ppl to come out)
Florida Panthers
Columbus Blue Jackets
Winipeg alot of people want them back.. it aint happening with no luxury box's

Cities that deserve a team

Seatle or Portland
Kansas City
Houston (yes hockey is big in Texas)

:whocares: about the over paid cry baby players

88CRX
01-25-2005, 08:16 PM
first off if any teams are lost it will be carolina and pittsburgh.... those places you named will not loose their teams.

and about crosby, thats his own dam fault, he signed the frickin deal.

gggunit
01-25-2005, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by 88CRX
first off if any teams are lost it will be carolina and pittsburgh.... those places you named will not loose their teams.

and about crosby, thats his own dam fault, he signed the frickin deal.

Add Carolina to the list.. Pittsburgh will never leave.. its the NHL's fault for not marketing the league properly

buh_buh
01-25-2005, 08:27 PM
Did they announce there's not going to be a draft? I think there has to be. It would be unfair to the players this year and next year if they didn't have one since there are only half the draft picks available for the next 2 (or 3) years.

I don't know how they would figure out the draft order for next year, but I don't know if they can go without a draft this year.

88CRX
01-25-2005, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by gggunit

Add Carolina to the list.. Pittsburgh will never leave.. its the NHL's fault for not marketing the league properly

pittsburgh needs an arena which they wont get.

and ya its the nhl's fault for poor marketing and putting the nhl is shit ass locations and for expanding thus watering down the league and and and.

bettman = tool

88CRX
01-25-2005, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by buh_buh
Did they announce there's not going to be a draft? I think there has to be. It would be unfair to the players this year and next year if they didn't have one since there are only half the draft picks available for the next 2 (or 3) years.

I don't know how they would figure out the draft order for next year, but I don't know if they can go without a draft this year.

my guess is they'll have a separate draft for eligable players for each draft missed.

Marsh
01-25-2005, 09:16 PM
Anaheim? tampa? I didn't know those mofo's were in trouble...i thiought they'd be alright
but yeah the other teams will probably be gone....but why a team in kansas? thats just fucked up

ricosuave
01-25-2005, 09:41 PM
kansas HAD a team in the nhl in the mid 70's...

rico

no_joke
01-26-2005, 05:30 PM
I would take out:

Carolina
Atlanta
Columbus
Nashville

So basically where the NHL has encroached in the last few years. Anaheim, Florida, and Tampa Bay are doing fine and Pittsburgh will never leave as long as Mario Lemieux is part of that franchise in any way (player or owner/executive).

And Bettman is a total tool for letting this happen. If this was his attempt to try to secure a national TV deal by diluting the league into the South then the NHL has no hope. So when is Wayne Gretzky gonna take over as commissioner?

gggunit
01-26-2005, 05:45 PM
^^

Tampa aint doing fine.. they had less people at there Stanley cup parade then we had on 17th ave on the first playoff win..

they had to give away free beer to season ticket holders to sell more tickets..

sputnik
01-27-2005, 08:34 AM
Originally posted by gggunit

Winipeg alot of people want them back.. it aint happening with no luxury box's

There are quite a few luxury boxes in the MTS Centre. They are also completely sold out for the next 2 years.

http://mtscentre.com/arena/index.php

hyperwhite
01-27-2005, 04:14 PM
ya the only problem with the MTS centre is that it only holds 15,000

gggunit
01-27-2005, 04:31 PM
^ prob no corporate support either .. they need more then MTS