PDA

View Full Version : crappy work out days

three.eighteen.
01-26-2005, 06:48 PM
so i was so looking forward to chest/tris today, as i had finally benched 100 lbs last week for 5 reps...couldnt even get the 45s up on my own today...i was just expecting to be able to pick up the 50s for at least 2 sets, finished on the 40s...ever happen to anyone?

edit - so i figure it was my lack of strength in the triceps ability to stabilize that much weight over my tiny frame and i went nuts on the tris...but they must be my most difficult body part to work, its so difficult to see any gains

Speed_69
01-26-2005, 06:50 PM
me, i hate it!! makes you feel like not working out that day after. i've taken a break from working out the past month and half..gonna start up again feb.1. it's gonna be pretty crappy for me for awhile

buh_buh
01-26-2005, 07:07 PM
yeah, sometimes I just get "one of those days" where I can't really do anything up to what I normally can do.

gggunit
01-26-2005, 07:19 PM
All depends on how you feel before you go into the gym.. pump your self up!!! i might be having a bad day when I go to the gym i really concentrate on what to do.. it helps realease stress too

BumpinTalon
01-26-2005, 07:22 PM
no carbs, dehydrated muscles, and a bad attitude lead to crappy workout days. drink more, eat more, and focus and they will be better - but there are still days where there is just something wrong and you can't do anything about it .

badseed
01-29-2005, 10:39 AM
Could be a number of factors:

-Not enough energy due to an inadequate pre-workout meal
-lack of sleep(should get 7-8 hours when strength training)
-stressed out
-dehydrated
-muscles are still recovering
-mentally pre-occupied

JAYMEZ
01-29-2005, 10:42 AM
If I have a bad day , I drop the weights for 20 mins and go for a run. Gets my body warm and listening to music helps me concentrate , then i go back to free weights again.

If you cant lift alot , you could just be to tired to do it.

RiceCube
02-01-2005, 05:59 PM
^^^ mm mmmm good (boobies)

davidI
02-01-2005, 07:46 PM
Usually a bad day is all mental and energy related. I'll put on some extra crazy tunes and get in a crazy mindset before attempting more sets after a brutal one.

EG STyLeZ
02-01-2005, 08:03 PM
i hate those days where you're feeling tired as shit. when that happens to me, usually i'll use slightly less weight and slightly more reps.

2.4l
02-01-2005, 11:10 PM
Originally posted by gggunit
All depends on how you feel before you go into the gym.. pump your self up!!! i might be having a bad day when I go to the gym i really concentrate on what to do.. it helps realease stress too :werd:

Wildcat
02-02-2005, 01:58 PM
get a workout buddy to yell at you. your animal instinct will be to work out hard so you dont look like a bitch infront of him. :rofl: true story..

ecstasy_civic
02-02-2005, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by davidI
Usually a bad day is all mental and energy related. I'll put on some extra crazy tunes and get in a crazy mindset before attempting more sets after a brutal one.

same here, if im not training with my buddy on the way to the gym ill listen to some serious anger music in the car, usually gets me going.

GucciBoy
02-02-2005, 06:33 PM
just gotta stick withyour goals. Happens to me alot, but I look fwd to the rewards. Picture all the women with nice bodies, you want one too im sure, so get to it! Thats how I see it, women is your motivation!!!!