PDA

View Full Version : Anyone used "re-Hydration" powders?

R-Audi
01-26-2005, 11:12 PM
Recently tried one this weekend, I guess it is meant for athletes doing time intensive sports, but it also stops you from getting hung-over, as it fully re hydrates your body.
This guy got it from the States Mail Order, just wondering if anyone else has used it, and if there is anything similiar to this up here.
Oh, and it did work!

1badPT
01-26-2005, 11:26 PM
salt.

gggunit
01-27-2005, 04:17 PM
Salt Sugar and Water.. you got it

R-Audi
01-27-2005, 05:30 PM
Im sure I could drink a saline solution, but this one you couldnt taste at all....Im sure it had a few more nutrients then your average salt/sugar/water solution as well....

1badPT
01-27-2005, 05:43 PM
Its essentially what gatorade is. They may have thrown in a few other electrolytes and flavourings and colourings etc, but what makes it work is salt.

PS - If you want to prevent hangovers, eat salty stuff while you're drinking. Its no coincidence that most bar food is high in salt (pretzels, peanuts, nachos, etc). They don't want their patrons waking up the next day saying "I'll never do that again!" :poosie: :D

'93 SR-V
01-28-2005, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by 1badPT
. Its no coincidence that most bar food is high in salt (pretzels, peanuts, nachos, etc). They don't want their patrons waking up the next day saying "I'll never do that again!" :poosie: :D

Haha, they do that so you'll be thirsty and drink more, not to save you the hangover. It's a nice thought though.

R-Audi
01-29-2005, 01:30 PM
Now a different buddy is saying that you can drink a whole bottle of Pedialite? I guess its some kids medicine for those who have the flu etc and cant keep any food down.... but its $10 per bottle

1badPT
01-29-2005, 07:02 PM
Pedialyte is the same thing - salt, water and electrolytes with some sugar and flavouring to make it go down easy.