PDA

View Full Version : best bar/pub to watch the superbowl..n edmonton

smokedog
01-27-2005, 08:46 PM
just wondering what the best bar/pub to watch the superbowl??

gggunit
01-27-2005, 08:54 PM
Schanks in Calgary? even though Ive never been during superbowl.. they got a giganticsoraus screen.. yes Giganticsoraus

I just watch it at home...

roopi
01-28-2005, 12:44 AM
Shanks in Edmonton (Get there very early)

5hift
01-28-2005, 02:16 AM
I think Schanks in Calgary is a pretty good place to go to watch football on any day besides the superbowl. I was there for last years superbowl and it was ok. They have alot of specials and the screens are bigger than anywhere else. That said, unless you are there a lot earlier than the game starts, you will not find even a remotely good seat. Also because of how busy it is , it takes quite some time to get a drink or food order taken or brought to you.

If you want a comfortable place to relax and watch the game with your friends go to a neighbourhood pub. If you dont mind sitting on a stool or wooden chair for 4 hours in a overcrowded and overly loud setting then go to Schanks.

roopi
01-28-2005, 01:30 PM
OK we've determined a good place in Calgary. Now read the thread title again. :rolleyes:

5hift
01-28-2005, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by roopi
OK we've determined a good place in Calgary. Now read the thread title again. :rolleyes:

Thanks for the smart ass comment roopi but I was just giving my opinion on Schanks. If you actually read what I typed you would notice i suggested any neighbourhood pub.

Ajay
01-28-2005, 02:26 PM
Go to a buddies place! That's what I'm doing...having some peeps over at my place and we're gonna watch the game in the comfort of my home with my 57" and surround sound.

Order some pizza, drink some beer, I think that's better than sitting around at a crowded pub.