View Full Version : West Coast Customs Get's Fined For Their Work

hockeybronx
01-28-2005, 07:01 PM
Read this in the newspaper today. Here's a link:

http://www.manhunt.com/news/stories/1104774551.html

Can't we just leave each other alone:confused:

Skylinelover
01-28-2005, 07:07 PM
That is stupid. That must be a state rule there, but still I think it should be the owners choice not the states. I find signs on the road more distracting than a dvd player.

Proyecto2000
01-28-2005, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by Skylinelover
That is stupid. I find signs on the road more distracting than a dvd player.

Like Stop signs????? :D

7thgenvic
01-28-2005, 07:25 PM
gheyyyy! having a tv in your wheel is JUST :bigpimp:

futurecivic
01-28-2005, 07:43 PM
they need to let it go people are still going to do it no matter what or at least i will :thumbsup:

finboy
01-28-2005, 08:47 PM
thats focking ghey that they got dinged 16,000

habsfan
01-28-2005, 09:06 PM
thats pretty gay...let the people do what they want, if they die because of it, its their fault not the shops. i wonder if our beyond members from WCC will reply to this thread

GQBalla
01-29-2005, 01:19 AM
omg stupid west coast CUSTOMS!!!

do CUSTOM WORK!?!!?!

who cares what about the poeople that that sort of stuff them self??

Skylinelover
01-29-2005, 02:54 AM
Originally posted by Proyecto2000

Like Stop signs????? :D
Maybe haha:rofl:

I still find it stupid. I am pretty sure the people have to sign some-sort of form so it should be the people paying not the company.

ex1z7
01-29-2005, 03:44 AM
As if a dvd player wont protect you in a crash ... :rolleyes:

If it's so crazily illegal to remove airbags like that - aren't some momo, tenoz R etc. stearing wheels illegal too?

/////AMG
01-29-2005, 04:44 AM
Actually it's a good thing. Just imaging over the years some of the car speopl ehave gotten done by WCC crash, and the peopel due forn head injury and whatever. ALL the blame woul goto WCC, and that would suck!

So it's actually good.

Anywya WTF is wrong with putting a DVD Player in the center console, ot the rear view mirror haha (I think it's Redman ro someone who has that).

streetarab
01-29-2005, 08:35 AM
WTF??!! ITS MY FUCKIN CAR, ILL DO WHAT I FUCKIN WANT TO IT, FUCK THAT SHIT, FUCKIN 'LAND OF THE FREE,' AND WTF IS THIS

An updated California law that took effect last January also bans most video functions in the front seat, including DVD players, with the exception of technology such as navigation systems.
SO WTF, IF I HIT SOMEONE CUZ IM CHECKIN OUT WHERE IM GOIN, THATS OK?! THATS ONE HELL OF A DOUBLE STANDARD!
[/RANT]

/////AMG
01-29-2005, 08:46 AM
streetarab read your own post

with the exception of technology such as navigation systems.

streetarab
01-29-2005, 09:26 AM
Originally posted by /////AMG
streetarab read your own post

with the exception of technology such as navigation systems.
yes, and, they are allowing navigation systems and not DVD hoopla, am i not getting something?:dunno:

95acc
01-29-2005, 10:09 AM
If it's so crazily illegal to remove airbags like that - aren't some momo, tenoz R etc. stearing wheels illegal too
Yes they are, cars with airbags are designed to work with them , if you got in an accident and you have removed your airbag, you will be in alot of crap with not only your insurance company but the law as well.

If you want the airbag removed than YOU should be the one with the ticket not the shop that was only doing what was requested.
I install steering wheels all the time into cars with airbags, the customer HAS to sign a waiver saying it was his choice and the car is now not street legal.
i have also put screens in steering wheels and DVD players where airbags used to be, but in all these cases it was at the owners request and the waiver was signed.

hockeybronx
01-30-2005, 08:49 PM
Regardless of the fine I doubt the guys from WCC really care. I bet they've made a killing off "Pimp My Ride", and this fine is probably just a bump in the road.

BerserkerCatSplat
01-30-2005, 08:56 PM
I asked about this a while ago and didn't get a response...

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=65535&perpage=40&highlight=300c&pagenumber=2

hjr
01-31-2005, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by habsfan
thats pretty gay...let the people do what they want, if they die because of it, its their fault not the shops. i wonder if our beyond members from WCC will reply to this thread because in canada our public health care has to pay for your injuries, and the injuries of the person you might hit. I agree with this. there is no need for an entertainment screen for the driver. no need.

Originally posted by ex1z7
As if a dvd player wont protect you in a crash ... :rolleyes:

If it's so crazily illegal to remove airbags like that - aren't some momo, tenoz R etc. stearing wheels illegal too? it is

bspot
01-31-2005, 12:58 PM
I think its pretty obvious that watching a movie while you drive is retarded, and that removing your airbags is retarded to.

I don't want to pay for your hospital stay when you collapse your lungs on your steering wheel.

I agree west coast shouldn't be fined though, but the owners of the car instead.

carstar
01-31-2005, 01:20 PM
I can understand where they are coming from for sure. But people are going to go it regardless. Just like everything else out there that is illegal (ie. pot).
If people like it...they're going to do it.
:D

abyss
01-31-2005, 02:14 PM
It's usually only the hardcore guys that put DVD's in their steering wheel right? Aren't these the same guys that sit all like WAY too far back from the wheel all slouched down in their seat gansta style? The air bag wouldn't save them even if it WAS there! :banghead: :rofl:

SteveMo600
01-31-2005, 02:35 PM
It's just like so many other things...like wearing a seat belt. It's unsafe not to wear a seatbelt just like it's unsafe not have to working airbags. I think it should ultimately be the drivers choice as to whether they want or don't want airbags etc...It's their problem if there's a DVD player where the airbag is supposed to be, and they get into an accident. Don't expect to get any compensation for being a dumbass though.

bspot
01-31-2005, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by SteveMo600
It's just like so many other things...like wearing a seat belt. It's unsafe not to wear a seatbelt just like it's unsafe not have to working airbags. I think it should ultimately be the drivers choice as to whether they want or don't want airbags etc...It's their problem if there's a DVD player where the airbag is supposed to be, and they get into an accident. Don't expect to get any compensation for being a dumbass though.

If they had to pay their own medical bills when they crash, I'd be all for it.

962 kid
01-31-2005, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by bspot
I agree west coast shouldn't be fined though, but the owners of the car instead.

what?? the owner who had no choice over what went in his car should be fined 16 large?

RickDaTuner
01-31-2005, 06:24 PM
the Shops can easilly say no just as much as the owner can, beside its better to fine the shop that way they can hold back when a customer comes in asking fro illegal mods, but you never knwo where this might lead to..
next thing you know any and all after market parts will be illegal to install on your car, and shops will be getting fined for that.

woot second gear.. now i can do highway speeds

hockeybronx
01-31-2005, 07:07 PM
Originally posted by 962 kid

what?? the owner who had no choice over what went in his car should be fined 16 large?

I'm pretty sure when I a televesion set crew comes to your house, dances all around in circles, and screams, "You're about to be PIMP-Daddied", that you have an educated guess about what's going to happen.

dieselpower91
01-31-2005, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by Skylinelover
That is stupid. That must be a state rule there, but still I think it should be the owners choice not the states. I find signs on the road more distracting than a dvd player.

Speaking of distracting signs. The one at Mcmahon stadium on the side of crowchild. How can they have that there and I can't legally drive with street glow on my Nova.
:thumbsdow
NOTE: Not planning on street glow nor do I like it, just proving a point!

Kirbs17
01-31-2005, 08:15 PM
I think its kind of stupid to get fined, but IMO if your altering the safety devices of a car, especially the steering wheel's airbag, yours fully aware of the altercations. $16,000 doesnt seem like a lot for a shop like west coast. I dunno, I dont agree with the TV screen in the steering wheel, w/e, personal choice.

googe
01-31-2005, 08:25 PM
time to bust out the "off road use only" waivers :)

bspot
01-31-2005, 08:52 PM
Originally posted by 962 kid

Read the fucking article before you post. :whipped:

Did you ever stop to think westcoast does things besides "pimp my ride?"

It has nothing to do with the show, and despite popular belief they don't just steal peoples cars and do them up, people come in and ask them to modify their cars.

SteveMo600
01-31-2005, 11:33 PM
Originally posted by bspot

If they had to pay their own medical bills when they crash, I'd be all for it.

100% agreed...I'm not spending my tax dollars on an idiot that doesn't know how to wear a seatbelt. I'm just saying that the choice should be his/hers just as long as they are willing to suffer the consequences.

liztic
03-02-2005, 09:28 PM
come on now, who's to say they aren't watching movies on road safety

SAiamNE
03-03-2005, 06:40 PM
I could care less..
That show and the work that they do is such a joke..

sexualbanana
03-03-2005, 08:07 PM
I don't think it's just a matter of taking out air bags. Having a screen visible by the driver isn't a good idea (and yes I do have one).

Ok, taking out the air bag would be the owner's call. But when it's quite visible by the driver, it's a distraction. When a driver is distracted (because he's looking at the screen) he runs the chance of crashing into someone else. It's not just to protect the driver, but also others on the road.

Yes, removing the air bag effects the driver. However, having a distracting screen could also effect others on the road besides the driver.