PDA

View Full Version : Skylines and importation

A790
01-29-2005, 12:40 PM
Hey Guys;

I'm going through a changeover here and have been thinking about a few different cars to import. Besides the Silvia K or the 180sx Type2, I figured I'd give a Skyline a shout...

But... I see the GTRs are more than I'm willing to spend, so I look and see the GTS-t, GTS-4. and GTS-t Type M.

What's the differences between them? They all seem to have the same engine, and besides all wheel drive on one of them, what are the differences?

I figure the GTS-t is probably the lowend model (before the non-turbo GTS), but after that I'm lost.

Any help?

spanky99
01-29-2005, 01:08 PM
the difference between a GTS-t and a GTS-t type M , is that the gts-t type M ihasa bit more options

type Ms have sunroofs usually
and they also have a Limited Slip Differential ( LSD ) .

i own a type M , and its pretty neat car.

mx73someday
01-29-2005, 01:12 PM
GTS-t is base (4 lugs per wheel).

Type M is a package which includes bigger/stronger brakes, stiffer suspension, VLSD, 5 spoke 16" alloys (GT-R look, but not as big, 5 lugs per wheel) and steering wheel.

GTS-4 is like Type M, but with all wheel drive.

Base GTS-t is pretty rare in coupe form, most of them were sold with the Type M package.

spanky99
01-29-2005, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by mx73someday
GTS-t is base (4 lugs per wheel).

Type M is a package which includes bigger/stronger brakes, stiffer suspension, VLSD, 5 spoke 16" alloys (GT-R look, but not as big, 5 lugs per wheel) and steering wheel.

GTS-4 is like Type M, but with all wheel drive.

Base GTS-t is pretty rare in coupe form, most of them were sold with the Type M package.

correction buddy
GTS-t has 5 lugs per wheel

GTS(non turbo) has 4 lugs per wheel

A790
01-29-2005, 01:47 PM
Seo it's worth my extra moola to grab a Type-M?

spanky99
01-29-2005, 02:03 PM
yes for sure
it should cost you too much extra anyways.

TypeS
01-29-2005, 03:06 PM
glad to see your looking at the skyline as well, Type-M's are worth every penny you'll spend, its practically the GTR's little brother. I ued to think GTS-4 meant 4door but after a while i kept seeing some coupe versions, later to figure out they are called GTS-4 due to the AWD. Christian you have 2 type-m's available right now with another one coming, you should let him look at one in person to see if it turns his crank:thumbsup:

Although the skylines have more power and deadly looks compared to the S13's, I would recommend you have a 2nd car incase you have to wait for a part. In that regard they are whats considered a "higher maintenence car" thus I drive a silvia cuz im a poor bastard lol...
:D

A790
01-29-2005, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by TypeS
glad to see your looking at the skyline as well, Type-M's are worth every penny you'll spend, its practically the GTR's little brother. I ued to think GTS-4 meant 4door but after a while i kept seeing some coupe versions, later to figure out they are called GTS-4 due to the AWD. Christian you have 2 type-m's available right now with another one coming, you should let him look at one in person to see if it turns his crank:thumbsup:

Although the skylines have more power and deadly looks compared to the S13's, I would recommend you have a 2nd car incase you have to wait for a part. In that regard they are whats considered a "higher maintenence car" thus I drive a silvia cuz im a poor bastard lol...
:D

I was gonna hook myself up with a 1989 Civic Si, as well as my import...

That is, of course, if this car ever bloody sells...

TypeS
01-29-2005, 06:38 PM
hahaa man it was only a matter of time till the JDM bug bit you straight in the ass....you know its bad when your beater is JDM:clap:

Im going to be buying another car in the future sometime for the wifey, shes drop dead in love with 180's (she hates me for changing my mind to the silvia) so I may pick up an automatic one for her when we are established in our new place:tongue:

I can't really picture myself buying anything but JDM from now on:dunno:

calgarys13
01-29-2005, 08:10 PM
were you the one at the beyond meet last week with the blue SiR? My type m is for sale if your interested lol....can't wait to see your jdm family tanner!!

A790
01-30-2005, 03:51 PM
Yea weren't you telling me that you were bringing some Skylines in?

calgarys13
01-30-2005, 03:55 PM
yah come wendesday night and well talk, i might bring mine by if its here

A790
01-31-2005, 12:30 AM
Yea. I want to actually see/get in/drive one if at all possible so I know what I'm getting into when I buy one. Of course, that sounds like what every other rice boy says too, doesn't it..?

Well...

Anyways, I guess you just have to take my word that I'm serious about bringing one in. TypeS probably has a good idea about that :)

TypeS
01-31-2005, 05:15 PM
I'll be there wed. to make damn sure your fully converted:tongue:

pressure_ratio
02-01-2005, 05:28 AM
hahaa man it was only a matter of time till the JDM bug bit you straight in the ass....you know its bad when your beater is JDM:clap:

Im going to be buying another car in the future sometime for the wifey, shes drop dead in love with 180's (she hates me for changing my mind to the silvia) so I may pick up an automatic one for her when we are established in our new place:tongue:

I can't really picture myself buying anything but JDM from now on:dunno:
This is news to me!!!180 for my sis,god it looks like I'm gonna have to buy something now :banghead:

TypeS
02-01-2005, 06:37 PM
haha yea she likes the look of the 240 more i guess, and when i say future i mean like 3 years....not next year lol
I have to wait till im done school in a couple more years and making enough money....oh and also light a fire under her ass to get her liscence:D

pressure_ratio
02-02-2005, 03:59 AM
:rofl: yeah I guess that would help .

A790
02-02-2005, 03:45 PM
haha yea she likes the look of the 240 more i guess, and when i say future i mean like 3 years....not next year lol
I have to wait till im done school in a couple more years and making enough money....oh and also light a fire under her ass to get her liscence:D

Yea, my girl doesn't have her license either. I'm the taxi... dammit. Haha.

TypeS
02-02-2005, 05:27 PM
haha i remember your girl talking about buying a talon when we met, I guess your in the same boat as me though:tongue:
btw have you SEEN the type M that just got to edmonton!!!!!!!!!

http://www.importconcern.ca/stock/100046/08.jpg

http://www.importconcern.ca/stock/100046/

this thing is f*cking MINT:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

A790
02-03-2005, 02:23 AM
I can say that I was genuinely impressed with both cars. Now I know why JDM is such a huge thing.

Overall, I can say that I'd rather buy the Skyline. Then again, looking at practicality and convienance for parts, the 180sx Type II or Silvia K seem more to my liking...

God damn decisions... haha

finboy
02-03-2005, 02:30 AM
Originally posted by A790
I can say that I was genuinely impressed with both cars. Now I know why JDM is such a huge thing.

Overall, I can say that I'd rather buy the Skyline. Then again, looking at practicality and convienance for parts, the 180sx Type II or Silvia K seem more to my liking...

God damn decisions... haha

personally i'd wait until you can get a silvia with an sr20, but thats just me because i HATE down time for cars, and if something broke on your skyline, there would be downtime.

A790
02-03-2005, 02:34 AM
Well yea, downtime is gay. But, is owning a skyline worth it?

I don't know. Christian and I were talking tonight about CA18DET vs SR20DET. I'm not looking to make massive power, I figure a CA18DET with a few mods on it would be sufficient to my liking.

That is, unless I get a Skyline.