PDA

View Full Version : question...

robgordon
01-29-2005, 08:57 PM
what's this button for?

Glenn 328is
01-29-2005, 10:25 PM
It locks the windows so the passengers in the rear cannot open them. Like a children's lock...

Willis
03-21-2005, 06:38 PM
I think that is the auto window button. Push it and all you have to do is hit the button for the window you want once and it rolls all the way up or down. There is a way to calibrate a safety feature so that if you get a finger stuck it will stop.

(From memory) To initialize this pinch protection feature, hold down the window button for 5 seconds. This has to be done EVERY time the battery is disconnected.

The child safety switch for the rear windows should be next to your steering wheel, to the right or it looks like the button to the top right of your picture (window w/ a key)

Glenn 328is
03-22-2005, 09:24 AM
Willis, that button with the lock on it locks the doors. I am pretty sure that circled button locks the windows so the passengers can't open them...

SuPhistiKatEd
03-22-2005, 01:07 PM
I think that's the window lock button, judging by this picture...

http://images.andale.com/f2/108/117/17409965/1110820748052_1109122527928_DSCF0021.jpg

t-im
03-22-2005, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by Willis
I think that is the auto window button. Push it and all you have to do is hit the button for the window you want once and it rolls all the way up or down. There is a way to calibrate a safety feature so that if you get a finger stuck it will stop.

??

that's the lock rear windows button..

You don't need to push that button down then push any other button to have the one-toouch activated.

Front windows are one touch up/down, while rear windows (in sedans) are only one touch down.

Mikey_008
03-22-2005, 01:14 PM
Your future spot for your NAWWWSSSS button! :thumbsup:

Willis
03-22-2005, 03:52 PM
Glen 328is is correct, the button in question is the safety button. :thumbsup:

The button next to the steering wheel is the Circuit Breaker, which will prevent any of the window/ sunroof buttons from working.

The funny thing is I have been pushing in that middle button and using the auto window method all along w/o a clue. :dunno:

t-im
03-22-2005, 04:06 PM
Glen 328is is correct, the button in question is the safety button. :thumbsup:

The button next to the steering wheel is the Circuit Breaker, which will prevent any of the window/ sunroof buttons from working.

The funny thing is I have been pushing in that middle button and using the auto window method all along w/o a clue. :dunno:

Time to readup on how to use your E36 then.

Willis
03-22-2005, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by t-im

Time to readup on how to use your E36 then.

Thanks for the tip.

t-im
03-22-2005, 08:01 PM

Thanks for the tip.

Just suggesting since you seem to not know the difference between the power door lock button, the window lock button
and how to use the auto up/down feature.

hmm..my car doesn't have that..but apperenlty it's only in earlier E36 models - whats the main purpose of it, besdies preventing those power features from working?

Willis
03-23-2005, 12:52 PM

Just suggesting since you seem to not know the difference between the power door lock button, the window lock button
and how to use the auto up/down feature.

Makes sense. I wasn't familiar with the power door lock button, as I do not have one. Maybe they were not available on my model year. The breaker button looked similar, hence my confusion.
Breaker Curcuit Button:
http://market.autopartsfair.com/images/products/_engineparts_/l693018529lvh.jpg

hmm..my car doesn't have that..but apperenlty it's only in earlier E36 models - whats the main purpose of it, besdies preventing those power features from working?

This is another safety feature in case you have to leave your children in the car (while still running), preventing them from playing with any buttons. It is kind of hidden behind the steering wheel so they wouldn't notice it.

t-im
03-23-2005, 01:51 PM

Makes sense. I wasn't familiar with the power door lock button, as I do not have one. Maybe they were not available on my model year. The breaker button looked similar, hence my confusion.
Breaker Curcuit Button:
http://market.autopartsfair.com/images/products/_engineparts_/l693018529lvh.jpg

This is another safety feature in case you have to leave your children in the car (while still running), preventing them from playing with any buttons. It is kind of hidden behind the steering wheel so they wouldn't notice it.

Power door lock buttons came on the 96+ E36.

i've seen that circuit button, but in E30's I beleive