PDA

View Full Version : Need help with BBQ Ribs!

Super_Geo
01-30-2005, 12:35 PM
Hey guys, I'm in kind of a bind here...

I invited this girl over for dinner... some classy food, a few bottles of red, etc.

Only problem is that I kinda put everything off to the last minute and forgot all about it until today. Does anyone know of any good BBQ ribs recipes for the oven?

I thought they'd be really easy to find online.. but the problem is that there's so many of them it's hard to tell which ones would be good.

Any really good gourmet BBQ ribs recipes out there? Thanks guys :D

GTS Jeff
01-30-2005, 12:45 PM
well u could make ribs, but they dont really make a classy romantic meal. u just both end up with meat stuck in your teeth and sauce all over your face. thats not exactly romantic unless ure into kinky food sex.

another thing is that its pretty ambitious to think ull get thru more than 1 bottle of wine, unless ure both total alcoholics haha. wine is meant to be sipped.

my suggestion is to make a nice salad (greek or maybe some spinach salad), make a nice pasta (its easy to make this shit 'gourmet' by adding various herbs), grill up some chicken or a couple small pieces of tenderloin or maybe even some fish, have some veggies liek asparagus w/ hollandaise sauce, and a good fuckin chocolate dessert with cherries n shit.\

let me know what u decide to do, and ill give u more specific directions on how to cook it. if u really wana make ribs, i can tell u how to do that too, but really, gourmet ribs is an oxymoron.

Super_Geo
01-30-2005, 01:09 PM
Hey, thanks for the ideas Jeff. I'm pretty brutal at cooking so that's why I thought I'd stick to ribs. Also, one of my housemates is having a fancy dinner with his girlfriend and they're making turkey lasanga and some other side dishes that we agreed to split on, so all I really need to do is make one dish... then they take off to her place, and I stay home and take the credit.

Any idea for ribs man? I read a few of them online... is it basically just marinade, bake for 2 hours, and then put on some BBQ sauce and broil?

t-im
01-30-2005, 01:14 PM
I think you should order some nice takeout and replate it and garnish it....if you do it properly (and put it on a nice plate) it'll look like you cooked it yourself (if you're brutal at cooking..)

Neil4Speed
01-30-2005, 05:18 PM
Hey Man,

Yeah I kinda agree with Jeff here, if its gonna be a nice classy meal you might want to go with something like Chicken or Turkey, which is a little easier and nicer than red meat you know? If you already made ribs, just bring them over to my place haha.

You can also go the M&M Route, which is really the best idea to tell you the truth, they have some wicked premade stuff that is really classy. Think about doing something like Chicken Courdon Blu or Fillet Mingion. Definately consider this, thats what I would do if I were in your position. You can do the entire meal from there

Have fun tonight bud haha

Take Care,

Neil

GTS Jeff
01-30-2005, 06:27 PM
Originally posted by Super_Geo
Hey, thanks for the ideas Jeff. I'm pretty brutal at cooking so that's why I thought I'd stick to ribs. Also, one of my housemates is having a fancy dinner with his girlfriend and they're making turkey lasanga and some other side dishes that we agreed to split on, so all I really need to do is make one dish... then they take off to her place, and I stay home and take the credit.

Any idea for ribs man? I read a few of them online... is it basically just marinade, bake for 2 hours, and then put on some BBQ sauce and broil? yea basically, the trick is to first cook the ribs however u want (u can actually boil them in herbs and shit to save time and to save on power) and then cover them in sauce and bbq the shit out of em. another thing u can do is buy the pre-cooked and already hot ribs from safeway or something...they taste pretty good and are way less trouble for u.

since ure gonna be doing the ribs on a classy dinner, make sure u have shit ready for cleaning up. like maybe have some hot, damp towels rolled up and ready to go, or wet naps at the very least. its not very romantic to have to run to the sink halfway thru dinner to wash your hands.

koopkoop2
01-30-2005, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by t-im
I think you should order some nice takeout and replate it and garnish it....if you do it properly (and put it on a nice plate) it'll look like you cooked it yourself (if you're brutal at cooking..)

That's the worst thing you could do to yourself, if you're not looking for a short term relation.

GTS Jeff
01-30-2005, 11:49 PM
well since u havent replied im guessing the ribs went well and ure now having sex..

Kamen
01-31-2005, 02:54 AM
It's Kingston, he's probably freezing his balls off after slipping on ice the way back from buying the ribs :rofl: