PDA

View Full Version : *** FS: Valentine1 Radar Locator! ***

kenny
12-18-2002, 01:10 AM
Unarguably one of the best radar detectors out there available only through direct order from Valentine1 themselves or used on ebay! This radar detector needs no introduction, go to their website www.valentine1.com if you want to read about it.

Detects X, K, Ka, Ku, and Laser bands
The absolute BEST laser detection out there (thats all they use in the city)
Directional Arrow tells you where the threat is coming from
Unit may be shipped back to Valentine1 for future upgrades but is currently running latest software.
Extra fuse
Windshield Mount
Coiled Power Cord
Direct Wire Power Adapter for hardwiring into car (can be used with concealed display)
Two Port Lighter Power Adapter for use w/ concealed Display
Straight Power Cord (unused)
Visor Mount (unused)
Velcro sticky stuff for Dash mount (unused)
Concealed Display Unit so bastards behind you can't see it! :)(~$60)
Instructions to program features

Currently running on custom programmed feature set optimized for city use (pretty much no false alerts) but can be reset to factory defaults really easily.

I am selling because I no longer have a need to detect radar/laser and because I realize that since I never speed, there is no sense in finding out where all the speed traps are! :angel:

Asking $600OBO

redline_13000
12-18-2002, 01:16 AM
I am selling because I no longer have a need to detect radar/laser and because I realize that since I never speed, there is no sense in finding out where all the speed traps are! :angel:

Asking $600OBO [/B]

kenny + 349hp amg = Speed..i call :bullshit: :bullshit:

:rofl: :rofl:

Fluidic
12-18-2002, 01:19 AM
Why the hell didn't you post this before I bought my detector... damnit! LOL

Guys... this detector is NUMBA ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have one, and I love it!! :D :D :D :D

Peter

bart
12-18-2002, 01:23 AM
what are Ku bands? lol i never heard of them before. Calgary only uses Ka and Laser. I have a Passport 8500, that retails for $500 here, i will keep it for now...

Fluidic
12-18-2002, 01:25 AM
KU is in Europe. Unless you go back to Poland... don't think you will find a use for KU here in North America... but that's besides the point... Bart man... BUY THIS RADAR DETECTOR!!! LOL

Peter

kenny
12-18-2002, 01:28 AM
Originally posted by suffeks
what are Ku bands? lol i never heard of them before. Calgary only uses Ka and Laser.

Ku band in use mostly in Europe (13.45Ghz range) but supposedly some US state troopers now have Ku band radar guns. Only other radar detector that has Ku band detection is the Bel 990 detector. While it might not be useful here in Calgary at the time being, you may encounter it while travelling down south in the states.

Fluidic
12-18-2002, 01:30 AM
So I take it... you have that band search feature enabled on your "customized" detector?

Peter

kenny
12-18-2002, 01:34 AM
Nope disabled as I am not aware of any Ku radars in use in Calgary.

Fluidic
12-18-2002, 01:38 AM
Well... you know... I was speaking in the terms of you taking a quick "jaunt" into the States... LOL

"Damn that guys car is fast"!

hahahahahahahaha....

Peter

max_boost
12-18-2002, 02:41 AM
I would buy it but my car could never use it.....maybe Kenny is buying something even more advanced! haha

boi-alien
12-18-2002, 02:45 AM
Originally posted by max_boost
I would buy it but my car could never use it.....maybe Kenny is buying something even more advanced! haha

that's right he's getting one of these

http://www.ibistek.com/video/cobra/AUSA.asx :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

remember we saw that a while ago. i guess kenny's shipment is arriving soon

kenny
12-18-2002, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by max_boost

Sure you can :thumbsup: Ever wonder if the truck on the side of the road is really photo radar? Now you don't need to wonder! hehe

Stratus_Power
12-18-2002, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by kenny

Sure you can :thumbsup: Ever wonder if the truck on the side of the road is really photo radar? Now you don't need to wonder! hehe

or do it the good ol' fashion way.. just ricer fly-by it and see if something flash or not :P

CRXguy
12-18-2002, 05:54 PM
So tempting!! hahahahahaha

92 Teg-B18A
12-18-2002, 07:08 PM
Originally posted by Stratus_Power

or do it the good ol' fashion way.. just ricer fly-by it and see if something flash or not :P :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

mrmattyk
12-18-2002, 07:14 PM
Are detectors legal in Calgary?

kenny
12-18-2002, 07:24 PM
Originally posted by Stratus_Power

or do it the good ol' fashion way.. just ricer fly-by it and see if something flash or not :P

:rofl: that is the only fool proof way!! haha

Originally posted by mrmattyk
Are detectors legal in Calgary?

Yes, legal in BC, AB and SK.

Scott
12-20-2002, 02:21 AM
I have wanted one for soooo long, Kenny you have a pm

Fluidic
12-20-2002, 02:45 AM
Originally posted by Scott
I have wanted one for soooo long, Kenny you have a pm

Ditto... that's why I flaked out and spent mad cash having one sent to me from the states... brand new! :nut: :banghead: LOL

Peter

Impreza
12-26-2002, 07:22 PM
who can install this? and for how much?

Si_FlyGuy
12-27-2002, 02:16 PM
I thought it was just plug and play?

Ben
12-28-2002, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by Impreza
who can install this? and for how much?

I'll install it for you, 50 bucks:rofl:

Si_FlyGuy
12-29-2002, 02:17 AM
Originally posted by Benny

I'll install it for you, 50 bucks:rofl:

So this is how you pay for those suits :rofl:

240droptop
02-06-2005, 03:07 PM
when you ask how to instal are you wanting to wire it to your ignition? cause you could jsut plug it into your cigerate lighter but if you need or don't want the cord hanging then you can wire to your ignition

Scott
02-06-2005, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by 240droptop
when you ask how to instal are you wanting to wire it to your ignition? cause you could jsut plug it into your cigerate lighter but if you need or don't want the cord hanging then you can wire to your ignition

Way to bring a thread up from 3 years ago...

I forgot about this board altogether until i got a topic reply notification

googe
02-06-2005, 06:23 PM
HAHA worst resurrection evar :rofl: