PDA

View Full Version : When Do you play ball at U of C

5hift
01-30-2005, 01:58 PM
Hey I was just wondering when all the U of C ballers come play on weekdays. I know you have your planned meets on the weekends but I can never go to those because of work. Whenever I go to play after class, every single gym is booked for something. I was just wondering if anyone knew of certain times there is usually a good game going on. Or when the gym is drop in.

On a another note is it just me or does U of C have the worst recreational facilities possible for a university. I attended Mount Royal for my first few years and its kind of sad that a community college has much better facilities than a University twice its size that gets more funding.

GingeRRRBeef
01-30-2005, 08:53 PM
Usually ppl start playing at around 1 2 o'clock

and on the topic of funding ... the money's there ... it just goes to pay for Harvey's and his minions' boats and the useless parking services vehicles' decals

5hift
01-30-2005, 09:27 PM
Yeah thats the problem, most days I dont get out of class until 4. The two old gyms are used for dinos practice and drop in badminton and the Jack Simpson is all girls volleyball.

Its a a joke though, U of C wonders why they finish last in Macleans every year, and yet its hard to see signs of money being spent anywhere. Mac Hall looks like you walked into the 80's, the gyms and weight room are falling apart yet we have one of the highest tuitions.

Speaking of those U of C vehicles, has anyone else noticed now they are replacing those Rav4's with newer, bigger and even more expensive Durrangos. Those security guys that drive them around are idiots anyways imho they should get pedal bikes. Me and my friend were just sitting in his car waiting for it to warm up in the McMahan parking lot and some doofus in a Durrago decided to do a drive by to make sure we werent up to any trouble. He was looking at us the whole time he drove by and he passed us and drove right into a concrete road barrier. I guess my next semesters tuition goes to fixing that bumper.

t-im
01-30-2005, 09:43 PM
^ durango's and new 4runners...thats where our money is going :rolleyes:

Skyline_Addict
01-30-2005, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by t-im
^ durango's and new 4runners...thats where our money is going :rolleyes:

yeah...and into an uncompleted ICT building.
UofC definetely needs a makeover in appearance, and much much more.

GingeRRRBeef
01-30-2005, 11:11 PM
Originally posted by Khali
Yeah thats the problem, most days I dont get out of class until 4. The two old gyms are used for dinos practice and drop in badminton and the Jack Simpson is all girls volleyball.

Its a a joke though, U of C wonders why they finish last in Macleans every year, and yet its hard to see signs of money being spent anywhere. Mac Hall looks like you walked into the 80's, the gyms and weight room are falling apart yet we have one of the highest tuitions.

Speaking of those U of C vehicles, has anyone else noticed now they are replacing those Rav4's with newer, bigger and even more expensive Durrangos. Those security guys that drive them around are idiots anyways imho they should get pedal bikes. Me and my friend were just sitting in his car waiting for it to warm up in the McMahan parking lot and some doofus in a Durrago decided to do a drive by to make sure we werent up to any trouble. He was looking at us the whole time he drove by and he passed us and drove right into a concrete road barrier. I guess my next semesters tuition goes to fixing that bumper.

yeah 4 o'clock is when the teams practice and the one of the gym is always booked for badminton.

RiCE-DaDDy
01-31-2005, 04:26 AM
cant u guys also use the jack simpson gyms? i believe they are open as well. ive used them before.

anyways, u guys may think it sucks, but i wasnt really impressed with UBC. it only has 3 full court gyms for student use and half the time its booked for stuff like intramurals. not only that the weight room and fitness centre costs money, not free like UofC.

5hift
01-31-2005, 10:38 AM
Yeah I guess a lot of universities have the same problem, I just dont get why though with all the money they get from tuition. Im pretty sure mount royal doesnt get more money than U of C, yet the majority of the college looks brand new. They have a brand new, huge weight room, swimming pools, climbing wall and brand new squash courts not to mention they have enough gyms that the problem there isnt finding a free hoop its finding enough people to play.

I think with U of C the problem isnt funding as much as it is accountability. I remember last year at MRC somehow it got leaked that a few profs were getting huge bonuses under the table and they had to fire a few of them just to get the media and students off their back

~Leah~
02-01-2005, 01:47 AM
Okay, seriously, you guys don't know how good you have it here. U of C finishes last in Macleans cuz I think the majority of people that go to this university are freakin spoiled or something. I've gone to 2 other universities and they don't compare to here. Stop all the bitching, seriously! It's a great place. I'm sure money is going into other things... and parking is getting it's new vehicles from all the stupid dumbass tickets and tows they hand out.

END RANT

Anyway!!! I can usually be found playing ball (usually just shooting around unless I know people upstairs) in the Jack... I usually shoot around with a couple guys from the team. They're good shit. I go at different times. The Jack isn't ENTIRELY used up by girls vball... there's 3 courts there... usually though, its girls vball, mens vball and womens bball... while mens bball is in the red gym.

MM99lude
02-01-2005, 02:45 AM
i usually ball mwf at around 12, and tr at 3

RiCE-DaDDy
02-01-2005, 03:18 AM
agree with leah, u guys have red and gold plus 3 freakin jacks which are hella nice

while i get 3 crap ass courts at UBC which ranks 4th in mcleans....