PDA

View Full Version : Solo2 - June 19th pics

Ekliptix
06-19-2002, 11:55 PM
http://www.imagestation.com/album/pictures.html?show_all=1&id=4291707625&start=1

I had a good time too. Comptech SC S2000......yes please.
My runs were so bad. I was all over the place. I had one DNF, and I plowed over a bunch of cones in the same spot twice. Oh well, it's all learning.
My best time was a 53.255 + a cone. I had Fluid_Digital as a passenger on that run and my lines were majorly sloppy. On the last run (#5 oops), I drove a lot cleaner. Fluid_D was still in the car and I bet that last run was at least 1.5sec faster then the previous, but they wouldn't give me my time because I wasn't supposed to have a 5th run.

BTW my car only has I/E. I really want to upgrade my suspension.

Oh, after the first slolom bit I was 1/2 way through 3rd gear and entering a fast 80 degree right then a 110 degree left. Through the right hand turn, I let off the gas and the tail got loose to the left. I was counter steering as the tail shot to the right from over compensation. Luckely I was now pointed at the big left hand turn but the tail was still wanting to go to the right. So for about 100 of the 110 degrees of the left turn, the tail was drifting to the right as I steered into it in 3rd gear and the throttle mashed. Everything worked out ok and I was in partial control. I was alone in the car both times this happend but the other time wasn't such a swing from drift to drift. I tried to repeat it w/ Fluid_D in the car, but it wouldn't work. Super fun. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

ps. Fluid_Digital, I thought you were going to show me your tail lights at that last intersection. Maybe next time....Aaahaha

speedracer
06-20-2002, 12:12 AM
15.325 seems a little fast for any car... even the mighty Zola.

Did you mean 55.325

:banghead: :banghead: If I wasn't worried about why I am suffering from engine power loss and some weird rattling nosie underneat the car I would have come out to play. Gotta make it hard for those in DSS folks :D

Ekliptix
06-20-2002, 12:17 AM
oops. my bad, all fixed now. 53.255

Fluidic
06-20-2002, 12:19 AM
It's Fluidic Digital.... and I need to get LOWer... :(

Peter

LOL

Ekliptix
06-20-2002, 12:23 AM
ok FD

Fluidic
06-20-2002, 12:41 AM
LOL

I'm just kidding around... and being serious at the same time... NAH... what am I saying... I'll shut-up now! LOL

Peter

speedracer
06-20-2002, 12:44 AM
Its not the car but the driver that matters.

rage2
06-20-2002, 02:14 AM
My first 2 runs, I was going way too fast past turn 4, and got lost twice at the end hehe. 3rd run I got a clean run in, and ran a 48s flat, but nicked a cone at the start (REALLY DUMB MISTAKE). My 4th run was really good till I got into turn 4 too hot, and did a nice Option style drift around the entire corner! Lost a bit of time and pulled a 48.6s. If I had one more run, I should be able to pull mid/low 47's.

Ekliptix
06-20-2002, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by speedracer
Its not the car but the driver that matters.

for sure. I know I have a lot to work on. I'm sure a skilled driver in a VW van could have done better then me...well, maybe not a VW one.

4wheeldrift
06-21-2002, 06:53 AM
Originally posted by rage2
If I had one more run, I should be able to pull mid/low 47's. No worse feeling in the world than walking away from an event saying that :banghead: Actually, there is. Going out and beating that time on a fun run :banghead:

James
06-21-2002, 06:57 AM
Originally posted by Ekliptix

for sure. I know I have a lot to work on. I'm sure a skilled driver in a VW van could have done better then me...well, maybe not a VW one.

Hey, man , what are u saying?!?! that VW vans arnt sweet!!!:rolleyes: :D