PDA

View Full Version : Photo Gallery software

Moonracer
01-30-2005, 01:56 AM
What would you guys and gals recommend for a website photo gallery program? I'm looking for something that's a little easier than a standard web design program like frontpage or dreamweaver. Please and thanks! :D

cityhunter2501
01-30-2005, 03:24 AM
Originally posted by Moonracer
What would you guys and gals recommend for a website photo gallery program? I'm looking for something that's a little easier than a standard web design program like frontpage or dreamweaver. Please and thanks! :D
I use Photoshop automated feature to make my gallery. 7.0 and CS has it

btw here is another good gudie to take travel photos and compositions
http://www.travelphoto.net/photos/english/photo-tips/html/composition.html

turboMiata
01-30-2005, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by Moonracer

I'd try Gallery or Coppermine. I've been using Gallery for more than a year now and it's really stable. Best feature is if you want to upload a bunch of files, all you have to do is zip them up and upload the whole zip. It will then unpack it, create the thumbnails and you're set.

Gallery and Coppermine both use PHP and run entirely on the server so there is no programming needed.

Moonracer
01-30-2005, 08:15 PM
Thanks for the replies so far. They both sound appealing. :thumbsup: