PDA

View Full Version : Retard U of C Security

5hift
01-30-2005, 09:34 PM
I've posted this somewhere else but heres a pretty funny story anyways:

Me and my friend were waiting in his car for it to warm up in the McMahan parking lot a few days ago and this UofC parking/security guy driving a durrango drove by looking at us the whole time like he recognized us or something. We ended up having to wait for someone else walking towards the parking lot so we were probably there for a good 10-15 minutes. I guess two guys sitting in a car for that long was suspicious to the security guard. He did another drive by in our lane passing us, but staring out the side of his window the whole time. I guess he was soo busy staring us down that he drove right into one of those concrete barriers, completey smashing in the front bumper. It was hilarious watching this guy run out of his SUV to see how bad it was. After one look at the front end, he looked like he was going to cry and he got back in and sped off.

At least I know where my next semester's tuition is going; Replacing that front end.

DC2uned
01-30-2005, 10:23 PM
Maybe he though you were a piece of shit thief. Which is problaby true, as i see no other reason as to why you would be parked in a lot for that long. Who's car takes 15min to warm up??

I think you are full of shit. You were scoping out cars.

Lanks
01-30-2005, 10:32 PM
what??^^^:nut:

5hift
01-30-2005, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by DC2uned
Maybe he though you were a piece of shit thief. Which is problaby true, as i see no other reason as to why you would be parked in a lot for that long. Who's car takes 15min to warm up??

Your a fucking retard try reading the thread :

"We ended up having to wait for someone else walking towards the parking lot so we were probably there for a good 10-15 minutes."

Because a lot of car thiefs are full time students at U of C. And yes if I was a car thief I would scope out cars to steal in the McMahan parking lot, around 4 when everyone gets out of school, with security patroling . :thumbsdow

Barking_Spidre
01-31-2005, 02:41 AM
Originally posted by DC2uned

Either he's joking, or just dumb.

WWJAI
01-31-2005, 09:16 AM
I think he's just dumb

Team_Mclaren
01-31-2005, 10:11 AM
I rather have him looking at everyone suspicious than doing nothing about it. He's just doing his job right... and how the hell would he know you goes to the U for sure? Him smashing the front bumper is retarded but he was just doing what he was suppose to. (to look out for thiefs that is, not smashing the front)

just my 0.02

qmf
01-31-2005, 10:17 AM
wouldn't they have a "parking pass" on the front windsheild? :dunno:
If the security guard was doubtful about why they were there, he could of got off his ass, and walked to their window and asked them.

ricosuave
01-31-2005, 10:24 AM
yeah, but then he would have posted how he was 'harassing' them

5hift
01-31-2005, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by qmf
wouldn't they have a "parking pass" on the front windsheild? :dunno:
If the security guard was doubtful about why they were there, he could of got off his ass, and walked to their window and asked them.

Yeah that was kind of my point I thought the giant parking pass hanging from the rear view mirror would be good enough. The point of this whole thing wasnt to start a thread about if im trying to steal cars or not or if the security guy was doing his job, it was just me sharing something I thought would be taken as funny and reflective of where our tuition gets wasted.

Team_Mclaren
01-31-2005, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by Khali

Yeah that was kind of my point I thought the giant parking pass hanging from the rear view mirror would be good enough. The point of this whole thing wasnt to start a thread about if im trying to steal cars or not or if the security guy was doing his job, it was just me sharing something I thought would be taken as funny and reflective of where our tuition gets wasted.

Thats true and agree with you that its pretty funny and I do hate those damn secuity-parking-control jackasses who has nothing better to do but giving out tickets.
and now thiefs dont exactly own the car they break into now do they? The parking pass means nothing.

5hift
01-31-2005, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by Team_Mclaren

Thats true and agree with you that its pretty funny and I do hate those damn secuity-parking-control jackasses who has nothing better to do but giving out tickets.
and now thiefs dont exactly own the car they break into now do they? The parking pass means nothing.

Yeah I know the security guy was just doing his job, and im not experienced in the whole car theft thing so i may be wrong, but if two guys broke into a car and got it running, would one talk on his phone for 10 minutes while the other fools around with the stereo system or would they take off?

Team_Mclaren
01-31-2005, 11:16 AM

Yeah I know the security guy was just doing his job, and im not experienced in the whole car theft thing so i may be wrong, but if two guys broke into a car and got it running, would one talk on his phone for 10 minutes while the other fools around with the stereo system or would they take off?

well it all depends, I much much rather have him look out for ANYTHING suspicious than doing nothing about it? don't you agree, I've heard way too many bad experiences from friends and such in UC lots...:thumbsdow

Zero102
01-31-2005, 11:24 AM
FWIW, I used to hate the U of C security guys as well, but one of them was smart enough to grab a fire extinguisher and try to put my car out when it was on fire, so now I have some respect for those guys.

Too bad our tuition is going to pay for the bumper that some fucktard broke. :(

5hift
01-31-2005, 11:28 AM
Yeah I agree, but like i said before i didnt start this thread to complain of being harassed or be like the security guy is racist and only bothering us cus we're brown. I know we might have appeared suspicous, the whole purpose of this was cus it was kind of funny.

I havent heard much of cars getting stolen from U of C, but that may be because I park in the arts parkade ( for most the cars there if u steal it u gotta pay to get out lol) . The only real problem im aware of at U of C is people hitting your car while parking and then just taking off.

BumpinTalon
01-31-2005, 11:32 AM
the arts parkade is the worst for theft... there has been at least two cars, just on this forum alone, that have been stolen from the arts parkade.

5hift
01-31-2005, 11:41 AM
Really? I guess it would be easy since its kind of isolated. But I've never really heard of any problems there. Shit i guess i gotta be a bit more careful.

A_3
01-31-2005, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by Team_Mclaren

well it all depends, I much much rather have him look out for ANYTHING suspicious than doing nothing about it? don't you agree, I've heard way too many bad experiences from friends and such in UC lots...:thumbsdow

:werd: sucks about his bumper, but I park down there and having those guys drive around puts my mind a little at ease. I've had quite a few friends broken into down there. A couple saturdays ago I at 7:45am I parked there and as I was leaving the lot three kids maybe 16, came into the lot with a tool kit... 3 teenaged kids up at 7:45am on a saturday... strange, so I watched them for a while. They saw me and looked pretty shiffty, they ended up backtracking the way they came. Anyways point is, it can be a sketchy lot and i'm glad the security are doing there job.

2.4l
01-31-2005, 05:46 PM

At least I know where my next semester's tuition is going; Replacing that front end.
no shit

lsc2g
01-31-2005, 06:01 PM
LOLLOLLOL:tongue:

RiceCube
01-31-2005, 06:03 PM
what a retard!

hollywood_35
02-10-2005, 12:08 AM
I'd like to have security watching my vehicle too. But let's just say that the guard on duty at that particular time... "hasn't found his calling yet" :rofl:

ringmaster
02-21-2005, 10:56 PM
lol i thught it was funny

Horatio
02-22-2005, 07:24 AM
Good point about "at least they're lookin". I used to HATE having them around and I still don't really like how focused this whole city seems to be on handing out parking tickets but I guess it's better to have eyes roaming around if nothing else. I wonder if the Arts Parkade is a target for it's isolation as well as the types of cars that are in there?

BTW I got tagged for parking at MRC a couple of summers ago on the same day that some little prick tried to stick a screwdriver through my doorhandle and steal my car. Sure felt good about security in general that day :thumbsdow

Bottom line ; it's funny when figures of authority mess up

Greg

240droptop
02-22-2005, 07:29 PM
man I wish I was there I would have been laughing my ass off if I was you