PDA

View Full Version : Hope not to get flamed for this...

CryoCarnage
01-30-2005, 09:53 PM
Alright, it's 11 here at night and i have to go to work tomorrow at 5 :( . Anyway, i was wondering if you could import a car from say Japan (heheh) and send it to New York, get it insured, then bring it to canada, and still keep the insurance company. Will this be legal? I mean there has to be a way to import a Mitsu FTO b4 2010...

BumpinTalon
01-30-2005, 09:55 PM
well you could do it I suppose.... if you kept insuring and registering it as an American vehicle, but as soon as they found out what you were actually doing you would be more then a little screwed when they seize your car and cancel your insurance. plus, they would never ever pay out in case of an accident unless you are a skilled negotiator.

CSMRX7
01-30-2005, 09:58 PM
Uhh doesn't make a lot of sense seeing as you can not import a non lhd car to the US unless it is 25 years old, unlike the canadian rule of 15 years so you would have to wait until 2020!!

CryoCarnage
01-30-2005, 09:59 PM
But the thing is i drive up to New York every year, even buffulo. Would Customs really care about it? heck the government?

BumpinTalon
01-30-2005, 10:05 PM
you would have to have a permanent address in the States to insure and register it there.

CSMRX7
01-30-2005, 10:12 PM
I think your still missing the point. Even if you did have a permanent address in the US you still could not import it as the US regulations will not allow the import of a NON-US crash tested vehicle (besides Canada) unless it is 25 years old.

GTS Jeff
01-30-2005, 11:53 PM
ure talking about importing the car to the states then using US plates to drive around in canada right?

yes u could do that, but if the insurance company ever finds out, ure gonna get the fraud-fucker stick right up your dirty, fraudulent asshole.

calgarys13
01-30-2005, 11:59 PM
then u hafta worry about making it legal to register in the united states:thumbsdow
go for it if you wanna end up spending a load of cash

SSenDam
01-31-2005, 12:04 AM
importing it from japan to the states = major shipping fees
importing from states to canada = major shipping fees

Overall a bad idea, you might as well do it directly. Also, in canada, well... in ontario. You can't important new cars over, cars have to be 15 years + older. Hence all the 1990 r32's and such.

But back on topic. What you want to do is completely illegal.

oddjob
01-31-2005, 12:08 AM
Originally posted by GTS Jeff
ure talking about importing the car to the states then using US plates to drive around in canada right?

yes u could do that, but if the insurance company ever finds out, ure gonna get the fraud-fucker stick right up your dirty, fraudulent asshole.

driving a car into canada that is registered and insured in the states is perfectly legal. i fail to see any fraud.

GTS Jeff
01-31-2005, 12:13 AM
Originally posted by oddjob

driving a car into canada that is registered and insured in the states is perfectly legal. i fail to see any fraud. haha u fail to see the fraud? man u must fail at a lot of shit in life. its legal to insure a car and drive it wherever, but to insure a car in one place and almost always drive somewhere else is misleading and fraudulent. wtf do u think is stopping everyone in alberta from using saskatchewan insurance?

jk, u arent a failure, just a n00b :D

GTS Jeff
01-31-2005, 12:19 AM
if u still fail to believe me, call your insurance company and ask if its ok for u to get alberta insurance while spending 11 months of the year driving in toronto.

u might "fail" to get insurance coverage after even suggesting that tho haha

Moe Man
01-31-2005, 12:23 AM
who says it is stopping us, count how many car you see with saskatchewan plates

it is possible to do but it is a pain you have to be pertty in love it this car if your going to do it

bol
01-31-2005, 12:26 AM
You live in Canada, not the USA. That's fraud.

You live in Alberta, not Sask... That's fraud

get it?

If you take the chance, that's up to you... but remember that if you ever get caught - you're fucked.

A790
01-31-2005, 12:27 AM
Once agian, won't work unless you crash test the FTO anyways. Don't bother wasting your energy until 2010.

GTS Jeff
01-31-2005, 12:38 AM
Originally posted by Moe Man
who says it is stopping us, count how many car you see with saskatchewan plates

it is possible to do but it is a pain you have to be pertty in love it this car if your going to do it yeah and if the insurance company catches on ure done. lying to your insurance company is fraud.

why the fuck do u think there are even different insurance regulations/laws in every province? why do u think people go thru huge hassles of out-of-province inspections, provincial vehicle registration, proof of ownership, and all that? for fun?

fuck, if u want to be an idiot, go right ahead. i did my fuckin best to help you asschumps, but sometimes u cant save people from their own idiocy :rolleyes:

SmAcKpOo
01-31-2005, 12:39 AM
haha u fail to see the fraud? man u must fail at a lot of shit in life. its legal to insure a car and drive it wherever, but to insure a car in one place and almost always drive somewhere else is misleading and fraudulent. wtf do u think is stopping everyone in alberta from using saskatchewan insurance?

jk, u arent a failure, just a n00b :D

you just need a sask. residence.

i could easily register, insure and license my car under my moms address and policy, because she has a legal residence in bc.

so unfortunately, you are wrong my friend. you just need to know the loopholes

GTS Jeff
01-31-2005, 12:51 AM
Originally posted by SmAcKpOo

you just need a sask. residence.

i could easily register, insure and license my car under my moms address and policy, because she has a legal residence in bc.

so unfortunately, you are wrong my friend. you just need to know the loopholes holy fuck whats wrong with u people? of course u can get the policy with a legal residence in the province, but u are still lying to the insurance company about where the car will be driven. if the bc company knew that the car would be in alberta most of the time, they would never insure it. theyd tell u to get bent. its not a loophole man, its flat out lying.

do u dine and dash at restaurants and tell your friends u found a loophole? haha

Skyline_Addict
01-31-2005, 01:03 AM
holy fuck whats wrong with u people? of course u can get the policy with a legal residence in the province, but u are still lying to the insurance company about where the car will be driven. if the bc company knew that the car would be in alberta most of the time, they would never insure it. theyd tell u to get bent. its not a loophole man, its flat out lying.

do u dine and dash at restaurants and tell your friends u found a loophole? haha

exactly. Jeff is saying it CAN be done....but the intentions are fraudulant and hence, illegal.
A couple of people pointed out that it CAN be done, but if you're caught, you're fucked.

that's it.

CryoCarnage
01-31-2005, 10:30 AM
Man this isn't good news to start with this morning. I saw this Nice FTO for Sale. And i do have a permanent adress in Buffolo but it's Not exactly a house. More of a 1 room Townhouse... with logs... Heheh. Anyway thx guys. Was just checking it out.