: titanium rods
: 12 degree heads
: forged steel crank
: 7000RPM red line :eek:
: 500 HP

Boys the muscle cars are comin back in a big way :D

pb24dagrk
01-31-2005, 02:10 AM
yup...and to think that the current z06 is capable of low11's and high 10's with only a cam, headers, intake, exhaust, tune, and nice tires

throw in a 7.0L with 100 more HP, more aggressive gearing, lighter weight, and you have the makings of a true beast

finboy
01-31-2005, 11:00 AM
i wouldn't call the corvette a muscle car, it never really has been sold as one since it started in the 50's

the newest one makes good #'s, and they actually made the interior look different from a malibu (for once), but i'm still not a huge fan of the styling.

Newk
01-31-2005, 11:03 AM
In a word....

BOING:drool:

streetarab
01-31-2005, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by Newk
In a word....

BOING:drool:

:rofl: :rofl: :werd:

pb24dagrk
01-31-2005, 11:09 PM
Originally posted by finboy
i wouldn't call the corvette a muscle car, it never really has been sold as one since it started in the 50's

the newest one makes good #'s, and they actually made the interior look different from a malibu (for once), but i'm still not a huge fan of the styling.

tell me how this looks like a malibu

http://www.mustangmods.com/data/598/dsc_0271.jpg

plus, when you're in wode open throttle, everything seems like a blur and you don't notice the interior :eek:

boostedDsm
02-02-2005, 11:52 PM
well where should we start? it hase the same stereo as my 1995 gm truck!!! oh yea and enough plastic to keep the LEGO company in buisness for the next 50 years or so!

oddjob
02-02-2005, 11:57 PM

A corvette is a modern muscle car... so is the Dodge viper.

finboy
02-03-2005, 02:06 AM
Originally posted by pb24dagrk

tell me how this looks like a malibu

http://www.mustangmods.com/data/598/dsc_0271.jpg

plus, when you're in wode open throttle, everything seems like a blur and you don't notice the interior :eek:

i was speaking of the c5, which looked just like a malibu, i was quite unimpressed by the fact that gm would cheap out so badly on the interior when i drove one. its nice to see that they improved it slightly, but it still has the same problems as stated below...

Originally posted by boostedDsm
well where should we start? it hase the same stereo as my 1995 gm truck!!! oh yea and enough plastic to keep the LEGO company in buisness for the next 50 years or so!

Originally posted by oddjob

A corvette is a modern muscle car... so is the Dodge viper.

i would consider the camaro, gt mustang, firebird, and gto a muscle car, but both the vette and viper are better related to sports cars with their independent rear suspension, 6 speed gear boxes, etc. one could also argue that the svt cobra also fits in this category.

heavyD
02-03-2005, 08:48 AM
I do agree that for the money GM has been charging for the Vette the interiors have been low grade but in the last 20 years GM hasn't made a decent interior so they don't have to go far to improve. The latest interior is a step in the right direction and performance-wise few cars can come close for the money and it's the only muscle car that has completely evolved from the 60/70's into a high tech world class sports car. The Mustang doesn't count as it is a high volume low tech car that outside of styling really hasn't changed much since the 70's and I consider the 4.6L truck engine a regression.

googe
02-03-2005, 12:02 PM

i was speaking of the c5, which looked just like a malibu, i was quite unimpressed by the fact that gm would cheap out so badly on the interior when i drove one. its nice to see that they improved it slightly, but it still has the same problems as stated below...

uh, that picture IS the c5, smarts :thumbsup:

Wildcat
02-03-2005, 12:21 PM
muscle cars have a back row of seats guys, plain and simple. 2seater=sports car

heavyD
02-03-2005, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by Wildcat
muscle cars have a back row of seats guys, plain and simple. 2seater=sports car

So the El Camino was a sports car?

Wildcat
02-03-2005, 12:44 PM
i dont think anyone knows what an el camino was... :rofl:

CryoCarnage
02-03-2005, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by heavyD

So the El Camino was a sports car?
HAHAHAH. I dont know what that guy is smokin. 2 seater doesnt mean its a sports car. Doesnt mean its a muscle car. Thiis arguement is plain and stupid.

heavyD
02-03-2005, 12:48 PM
i dont think anyone knows what an el camino was... :rofl:

This site may be full of kids but there are some oldtimers.;)
I knew a guy that had a couple of them souped up. I always thought that they blew but to each his own.

bspot
02-03-2005, 02:35 PM
C6 Interior:

http://www.chevrolet.com/i/gallery/corvette/int_gallery01.jpg

Although I think this is still the best interior chevy has ever pulled off:

http://www.chevrolet.com/i/gallery/cobalt/int_gallery01.jpg

Wildcat
02-03-2005, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by bspot
C6 Interior:

http://www.chevrolet.com/i/gallery/corvette/int_gallery01.jpg

Although I think this is still the best interior chevy has ever pulled off:

http://www.chevrolet.com/i/gallery/cobalt/int_gallery01.jpg

the 2nd pic is from a cobalt SS?

heavyD
02-03-2005, 03:07 PM

Yes. Another well done interior. Maybe GM has finally learned that consumers value interior design/quality as well as exterior. The supercharged ecotec engine apparently puts out excellent power as well.

bspot
02-03-2005, 03:08 PM

Yup, if they got rid of that nasty steering wheel it'd be decent. Plus you don't have to get the red trim, it can be black (or blue or yellow depending on the exterior colour).

finboy
02-03-2005, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by googe

uh, that picture IS the c5, smarts :thumbsup:

my mistake, but it still doesn't change the fact that it is a very cheap looking interior with enough plastic to keep a rubber-made factory in business for years

Tuner1
02-03-2005, 05:03 PM
Forget the interior, how nicely finished was the inside of an original 427 AC Cobra? Did anyone care? This is not a Louis Vuitton car. If I had the money I would be down at the local GM dealership this afternoon placing my order for a new Z06 in silver or black. This car is a world-beater, a supercar eating monster for around $100k.

I appreciate well made, top quality fit and finish as much as the next guy but until Porsche or Ferrari makes a car with a car with a 6.5:1 power to weight ratio for $100k or less the Z06 would be my choice :thumbsup:

Long live pushrods :poosie:

streetarab
02-03-2005, 05:07 PM
this thing doesnt cost anywhere need $100,000, maybe im thinkin in USD, thats what usually happens

M_Power
02-03-2005, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by streetarab
this thing doesnt cost anywhere need $100,000, maybe im thinkin in USD, thats what usually happens

In Candada the Zo6 does indeed cost about that much.

finboy
02-03-2005, 08:33 PM
Originally posted by E36S50B32
Forget the interior, how nicely finished was the inside of an original 427 AC Cobra? Did anyone care? This is not a Louis Vuitton car. If I had the money I would be down at the local GM dealership this afternoon placing my order for a new Z06 in silver or black. This car is a world-beater, a supercar eating monster for around $100k.

I appreciate well made, top quality fit and finish as much as the next guy but until Porsche or Ferrari makes a car with a car with a 6.5:1 power to weight ratio for $100k or less the Z06 would be my choice :thumbsup:

Long live pushrods :poosie:

if it was a $5000 car i wouldn't mind a cheap car (look at my car right now :rofl: ) but if i was spending as much as a z-06 costs, i would hope the manufacturer would put in a bit more effort.

Wildcat
02-03-2005, 09:04 PM

if it was a $5000 car i wouldn't mind a cheap car (look at my car right now :rofl: ) but if i was spending as much as a z-06 costs, i would hope the manufacturer would put in a bit more effort.

phffftt... you cant have your cake and eat it too :D you wont give a shit about the interior once you pin it.

ninspeed
02-03-2005, 09:10 PM
the new Z06 will be under 90k... Considering the the C6 only went up a few hundred compared to the 04's...

finboy
02-03-2005, 11:49 PM

phffftt... you cant have your cake and eat it too :D you wont give a shit about the interior once you pin it.

if i were to get one, i would have to put aside a budget for a new interior, then it would be an awsome car, but i NEED a comfortable interior over most else. i have to enjoy the area i will be spending the most time with my car, lol.

googe
02-04-2005, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by ninspeed
the new Z06 will be under 90k... Considering the the C6 only went up a few hundred compared to the 04's...

doubt it, you cant go by the increase in the c6 price at all. no reason to believe itll be the same difference. im thinking pretty close to 100k.

BumpinTalon
02-04-2005, 12:08 PM

if i were to get one, i would have to put aside a budget for a new interior, then it would be an awsome car, but i NEED a comfortable interior over most else. i have to enjoy the area i will be spending the most time with my car, lol.

the corvette's interior fits like a glove. as soon as you sit in it, you want to go fast. you don't even perceive speed anymore, really, it is easy to cruise at 180km/h without noticing. I think it's perfect... and I really like how the new one lights up all blue inside.

finboy
02-04-2005, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by BumpinTalon

the corvette's interior fits like a glove. as soon as you sit in it, you want to go fast. you don't even perceive speed anymore, really, it is easy to cruise at 180km/h without noticing. I think it's perfect... and I really like how the new one lights up all blue inside.
i guess my opinion of the interior differs from yours :thumbsup: