PDA

View Full Version : Car Auctions in Calgary

WWJAI
01-31-2005, 01:41 PM
Well I've heard about these car auctions that take place in Calgary where people get pretty cheap cars and I was just wondering where these events take place and when usually. Any website for this kind of stuff. I heard about two of them but i forget their names.

canadiandaytona
01-31-2005, 01:44 PM
Regal auctions.
Or the City of calgary Auction...take place last saturday of every month...More info as well as list of cars on the citys web site

Strider
01-31-2005, 02:37 PM
http://www.michenerallen.com/

http://www.regalauctions.com/

http://www.adesa.com/

i'm missing one...
hopefully someone will fill it in

edit: found it

http://www.grahamauctions.com/

Speed_69
01-31-2005, 02:47 PM
dont' buy your car from an auction!

Davide
01-31-2005, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by Speed_69
dont' buy your car from an auction! It would be a good place to start if you want to rebuild a classic would it not?

but I guess its hit or miss(if you're looking for a car to use now), kinda like a garage sale, sometimes you get a deal sometimes you don't...and sometimes its just pure shit

nismodrifter
01-31-2005, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by Speed_69
dont' buy your car from an auction!

and why would that be????? we've been over this a million times....there will always be good cars and always be bad ones, if you know what to look for, do your research in advance, and don't go there THAT DAY looking for a "deal" then I think you have little chance of getting ripped.

Fire_chickin
02-01-2005, 12:44 PM
As long as you have some car sense and know the warning signs to look for you can do alright at an auction. Don't bother with the City auction anymore though. They're only putting up 30-50 cars and everyone there has money burning a hole in there pocket so the prices are ridiculous. If you don't mind fixing them Impact Auto Auctions in the north east sells all the insurance write-offs and you can get some great cars for a lot less and all they need is sweat equity. Totally worth it.

forkdork
02-01-2005, 09:06 PM
Don't you now need some liscence to buy cars from Impact? I think you do. You don't always get a deal at an auction, infact I've seen plenty of people bidding way above what a car is actually worth. I think the Calgary Parking auctions usually have shitty cars though, but I've only been there twice.

grocko
02-02-2005, 01:21 AM
Originally posted by Fire_chickin
If you don't mind fixing them Impact Auto Auctions in the north east sells all the insurance write-offs and you can get some great cars for a lot less and all they need is sweat equity. Totally worth it.

:werd: Got my car from there....I heard that they're trying to change membership though and only allowing people who own or are parts of a shop to get in...I grabbed my sis's car at Calgary Salvage Disposal...it's just off Blackfoot by Ogden Road..if you're looking for a Honda or Acura though you're going to kind of "persuade" the guys at both though, as the owner of A1 Autobody/Honda kind-of has a monoplization for buying them.

toyboy88
02-02-2005, 09:04 AM
damn they have the upcoming classis auction...

79 datsun 280zx 2+2 no reserve
67 mustang gt convertible
dodge challenger rt
66 barracuda

.... damn nice classis cars :hitit:

Fire_chickin
02-03-2005, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by toyboy88
damn they have the upcoming classis auction...

79 datsun 280zx 2+2 no reserve
67 mustang gt convertible
dodge challenger rt
66 barracuda

.... damn nice classis cars :hitit:

Those are some real wheels!!:drool:
When and where is this?

HTN SWCHS
02-03-2005, 11:58 PM
auctions are pretty good, just gotta keep your car maintained

89 626, rad had a crack in it, put some kind of rubber compound on it, overheated and blew up

88 prelude, ran a few weeks with very little oil in it, blew a conrod

im stupid:confused:

3G
02-07-2005, 09:14 AM
As stated above ^ if you know what to lookfor then yu can get a good deal, a friend of mine picked up a Mercedes 190E Sportline for an awesome price and no problems with it, same with me I've picked up a couple cars and had no problems with em except for some POS which I bought for $125.