PDA

View Full Version : N-Large 2

Speed_69
01-31-2005, 02:50 PM
anybody taken it? and what were your results?

hockeybronx
01-31-2005, 02:56 PM
It doesn't seem like that big of a deal. Just protein with some added calories, fat, and carbs.

I would rather get these additives from foods I eat such as milk, beef, and chicken wings. You still need to eat a crapload of food with this supplements to get the gains you are likely desiring.

davidI
01-31-2005, 05:31 PM
It's a good post-workout shake mix. Just half their recommended servings.

gggunit
01-31-2005, 06:44 PM
^ unless your trying to bulk up.. take it has alot of calories and such.. if you wanna bulk up.. but remember to keep eating as well..

davidI
01-31-2005, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by gggunit
^ unless your trying to bulk up.. take it has alot of calories and such.. if you wanna bulk up.. but remember to keep eating as well..

I'm not sure what you mean here but I think what you're trying to say is that yes it is more for bulking but realistically if you're trying to gain muscle the carbs/calories in this mix will be good for a post-workout shake even if you're trying to cut (not competition diet but lose a bit of weight in general).

Wildcat
01-31-2005, 07:49 PM
its a good product, prolabs quality is the highest in the industry. i prefer their prowhey tho; more protein and less of everything else :thumbsup:

gggunit
01-31-2005, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by Wildcat
its a good product, prolabs quality is the highest in the industry. i prefer their prowhey tho; more protein and less of everything else :thumbsup:

I find it doesnt mix easly as other whey

BumpinTalon
01-31-2005, 09:22 PM
I find most whey tastes terrible and mixes badly. GNC, the regular low-grade stuff, whatever. it just tastes terrible.
if the N-Large has lots of carbs take half a shake before your workout and the other half afterwards...

Wildcat
01-31-2005, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by gggunit

I find it doesnt mix easly as other whey

this is totally TRUE, prolab concerns themselves with the highest quality nutritional value, things like blendablity, flavor, etc are sacrificed to ensure the function of the product remains at its best.

but when im dieting i eat for function, not taste. its all prefrence i suppose.

davidI
01-31-2005, 10:38 PM
I buy prolab stuff because of the price but I wouldn't call it the best in the industry. I'd probably buy Optimum Nutrition if price wasn't an issue.

Wildcat
01-31-2005, 10:51 PM
^its only like 5 bucks more, ive tried it and i dont like it.

1badPT
01-31-2005, 11:19 PM
Originally posted by BumpinTalon
I find most whey tastes terrible and mixes badly. GNC, the regular low-grade stuff, whatever. it just tastes terrible.
if the N-Large has lots of carbs take half a shake before your workout and the other half afterwards...
Champion makes a good tasting whey. Mixed with Dextrose and water you'd swear it was chocolate milk! Dyna Whey is what I use and the flavour is good (probably my second favourite out aof all the wheys I've tried) and my overall favourite when considering BV, carbs, protein content/quality, etc. Other than a bargain basement priced brand I tried once, I've been lucky to find wheys that are easy to mix.

PS shop around a bit ;)

davidI
02-01-2005, 12:06 AM
Originally posted by Wildcat
^its only like 5 bucks more, ive tried it and i dont like it.

Ooh, you're right, It's only $40 on supplements canada right now. It used to be more like $60! I'll have to check it out again....if I ever find some money for supps again! lol