PDA

View Full Version : Command Start

GH056
01-31-2005, 06:24 PM
Hi all. Im new here. I live in southern MB Canada. Its mighty cold here and for some reason my car starter is on the fritz. It used to work flawlessly till the battery died. I replaced the battery and still no luck. I have a black 3 button remote. 1 was for the starter. 2 Was for the door. And 3 has a picture of a trunk release on it. (Which I can't take advantage of and was never hooked up I'm guessing because it didn't do anything.) I checked the system and am not really sure where to look for a model number. The remote has a 3 end male plug that goes to a black female plug on the end of a wire through my roof. The solder joint on the antenna was busted so I resoldered it and thought I was back in business when it worked. But then it was a no go again. Can you please help it's starting to suck to have to go outside to start the car.

Thanks so much.

PS. I just climbed in the car under the dash is a black box with 270i on it. Automatic Transmission only. Im hoping this will help.

offroaderdodge
02-02-2005, 09:44 PM
do you get any light flashes when you press any button?if yes ,look for on/off switch and turn it on.if no ,open hood and look for a pinswitch and hold it down while trying remote.if still no action it might be fuses.keep in touch,we should be able to sort this out easily.

offroaderdodge
02-02-2005, 09:45 PM
if you still have problems,please reply with year/model of vehicle.

GH056
02-03-2005, 02:31 PM
Thanks for your help. I am trying your tests tonight to get you some answers. As for the easy one I did check the switch under the dash and it was set to on. My car is a 99 Neon Automatic.

Thanks again for your help.

dirty_magic
02-03-2005, 02:44 PM
yeah it sounds like youre going to have to reprogram the remote, if you still have the manual it should give you a run down of the steps.

GH056
02-04-2005, 09:22 AM
Tried pushing down the hood switch and had no response from the car at all. Is there any way to test the antenna? What should I try next?

offroaderdodge
02-04-2005, 06:06 PM
seems like you may have a fuse out,if you press pinswitch and release it,the parklites should come on for 3 seconds.if not,look under dash for two fuse holders,they should have 30 amp fuses in them.one more thing,check antenna again,it may have broken again.how long did it work after you resoldered antenna back together?i may have a spare antenna,i will have to look.

Strugari
02-05-2005, 01:37 AM
The parklights should come on when the hood switch is up. Try pulling up on the hoodswitch while turning it back and forth and see if the lights come on. They tend to get rusty and quit working.
If they do not, do as offroaderdodge said, fuses, or possibly bad ground. The antenna does not matter when it comes to turning the lights on.

As for the car not starting, it does also sound like your antenna may be the culprit. If it is a 3 pin plug style, I do have a new one on hand. :thumbsup:

GH056
02-07-2005, 10:18 AM
The antenna is the 3 pin plug. It was working great and the solder joints still look good. My other question is this. The plug that goes onto the antenna. Is there a right way and a wrong way to plug that in. Because it fits both ways. I have tried both with no luck but I want to make sure that is correct. I will check for the fuses tonight. Are they inside the control box or on their own in the wiring??

Thanks again for all your help guys.

Strugari
02-07-2005, 06:20 PM
The plug has a right and wrong way. One side of the plug is flat and the other has a small bit that protrudes from the connector.
Line this up with the connector and you should be good to go.
The fuses will be in the harness (2) on the red and red/black wires. They should be 30 amp (green) ATO fuses.
The parklights should come on when you open the hood, regardless of the antenna. The antenna only works for programming the transmitter, and functioning the remote starter.:thumbsup:

offroaderdodge
02-07-2005, 07:30 PM
it could be as simple as unplugging harness and plugging it back in.like it needs to be rebooted.if there is no parklamp flash with press/release of pinswitch under hood,its usually an underdash problem.not related to on/off switch

GH056
02-11-2005, 01:37 PM
OK guys.

I unplugged all the wires from the unit and replugged still no action. Tested the wiring to make sure there was pwr etc and all was good. Checked the fuses on the harness (2 30amp) and they were fine as well. Hoodpin switch is grounding but still no action from remote or lights when I open the hood.

Is there a way to check the antenna or remote?
What do you recommend I do next.

Strugari
02-11-2005, 07:18 PM
The purple wire should have 12V with the parklights turned on. If you have (1)12V, (2) Ground, (3) Parklight circuit working, and the (4) hoodswitch (brown wire) grounding - then the parklights should come on when the hood is opened. If they do not, the module may be your culprit.

offroaderdodge
02-11-2005, 07:20 PM
only thing left is to check ground,if you cant get parklights to flash by tripping the pinswitch,and unplugging unit,ground may be the fault,if not,looks like you might have to shop around for another unit.