PDA

View Full Version : The jist on in-dash LCD Screens?

FinalAeon
01-31-2005, 07:11 PM
I wanna know what's up with ebay and people bidding like $1.50 on those in-dash LCD screens and paying like $41.00 shipped and getting a 7" screen. Is the brand name really all that's worth it, since they're not brand names? or is it a scam? I realize it's just the screen...but...still EXTREMELY fishy... I wouldn't think twice about it except I see people bidding all over the place on them.

Also, what's the cheapest screen I could get that's just the screen? I think I could hookup like a small portable dvd player of my own in my glovebox or something.

And also, what's like the cheapest I could get a screen that also displays like MP3 info and stuff?

Thanks

DoubleLP
01-31-2005, 08:09 PM
Check out www.mp3playerstore.com

It is a great site for non-brand name screens. I have one as my rear view camera monitor and have had it over a year and no problems.

FinalAeon
01-31-2005, 08:24 PM
thx for the link $139 is pretty cheap

i also found the same item(s) from the same store (www.mp3playerstore.com) on ebay for like $0.01 bidding and $39.95 shipped...

here's the link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=67764&item=5748016443&rd=1

any comments? could this still be a scam? i mean... it's the exact same store... and if u bought urs from them...who knows?

BumpinTalon
01-31-2005, 09:03 PM
it's all about the feedback. as long as the screen works, it's no big deal. colors and stuff on the cheap screens might be more washed out or lower resolution, but in the end it's probably not worth it to pay three or four times as much for a brand screen.

DoubleLP
02-01-2005, 09:41 AM
One thing that you will find with the screens priced for a penny is that as soon as you start bidding......you get outbid right away until they reach a certain set price. So needless to say you are almost going to pay the same no matter what. I just find it easier to deal with the company directly instead of over E-bay.

604-Mico
02-03-2005, 01:54 AM
Its an auction which starts at $0.01
It doesnt necessarily mean its set at that price

I've heard of mixed reviews from those LCD screen from mp3store.com
My friend got one and he had to get rid of it quick cause the internal power supply wasnt strong enough causing distortion on the screen

but then again....you get what you pay for right

Originally posted by FinalAeon
thx for the link $139 is pretty cheap

i also found the same item(s) from the same store (www.mp3playerstore.com) on ebay for like $0.01 bidding and $39.95 shipped...

here's the link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=67764&item=5748016443&rd=1

any comments? could this still be a scam? i mean... it's the exact same store... and if u bought urs from them...who knows?

pyro
02-03-2005, 04:35 PM
ya my friend bought one off ebay and the screens resolution is really crappy and the picture is dark, id recomend paying for a decent one

FinalAeon
02-03-2005, 04:55 PM
so which one's would any of you recommend? I don't need the highest brand or anything, but one that works...

thx