PDA

View Full Version : Command Start (CS-555) only blinks the parklights

titovic
02-01-2005, 07:33 AM
Hi all!

The CS-555 came installed (no manual) in my used van and was working until this weekend. Now, when I push Button I, the car doesn't start but parklights only blink for 9 times while button II blinks the lights 2x.

I tried following the (cold start) turn off procedure stated somewhere in the forum to no avail.

Would appreciate it very much if anyone can help.

BTW, pushing Button II before does not lock/unlock the doors.

Current temp here doesn't go beyond -20 for the past few days but I sure hope I can make the command starter work again before the mercury dives below -30 soon.

TIA

Strugari
02-01-2005, 08:37 AM
This sounds like it is in "tach lockout" mode.
Turn the on/off switch to off, push both buttons on the remote. The parklights should flash 15 times. Turn the switch back on, and try the remote starter. If it starts and runs fine, you are set:thumbsup: If the unit drags the starter, or cuts out too quick you may need to program it, or check the connection at the tach signal:eek:

titovic
02-01-2005, 05:12 PM
thanks for the reply strugari :)

though i have vague idea what a 'tach lockout' means, i'll try the button procedures and will post the result here.

also, can i request a copy of the manual (if you have one). i have read a lot of posts where you have provided them. i have searched the internet for a copy but found none.

i just bought my car used and would surebe happy to find out the other features of the Command Start besides starting the car.

thanks again. :thumbsup:

btw, i put in cs-555 in the subject since it is the number i see on the fob, the actual unit model i have to look for.

Strugari
02-01-2005, 06:24 PM
Find the unit number if you can and let me know.

Tach lockout means:

The Command Start module watches for a certain RPM of the engine when it is starting. If the tach signal is too low for the programmed setting in the Command Start, the car will shut down, and go into tach lockout.
Tach wire reset is the procedure I posted earlier. I think this was only available on the 2500 model.
:thumbsup:

offroaderdodge
02-02-2005, 08:55 AM
if im not mistaken,only one model has tach lockout feature,i forgot which model it is,but i see gary has taken care of it.tach lockout also occurs after a failed start attempt.

titovic
02-02-2005, 03:19 PM
strugari,

yesss! it's working now. thanks! :clap:

now that its starts the car, i'm curious on what other features
this unit has.

after starting via remote, i've tried stopping the engine by pressing buttons I then II but no go. unless you get in and
press the brake (w/o putting in the ignition key), the car idles
for 20 full minutes. i'm sure there's a way to adjust this time.

looks like the door locks are not engaged since the sequence for
locking/unlocking doors/trunk does nothing too.

-----

hope you can send a copy of the programming manual/guide.

i looked under the dash and found the device covered by a mesh of wires.

Rectangular, silver-colored with blue markings that says:
Command Start CSI and on the lower left portion is
2400/2500. right on the face of the device about the middle
is the 9-pin harness and on the upper right side is the
small harness.

the back of the unit is only accessible if i cut the tie wraps and
and work around the other wires. i can do this in the weekend if you need the exact model #

i'll PM you my email address.

thanks again. :thumbsup:

Strugari
02-02-2005, 06:32 PM
It is the model 2500, Pm me your email address and I will send a programming guide out to you.

To shut the car off, you need to press Button I then Button II within 4 seconds. Also the car has to be running for a minimum of 4 seconds as well.:thumbsup:

titovic
02-02-2005, 06:39 PM
ok, i'll try that.

i've pm'd you my email addie earlier.

thanks, had to go to work.
will check back later. :)

Strugari
02-02-2005, 06:46 PM
I checked and you are right.:eek:
I emailed the manual out to you.:thumbsup:

titovic
02-03-2005, 01:06 PM
you're also right on the shutoff procedure - it worked when
i let 4 seconds pass before initiating the sequence.

thanks for the copy, i'll be waiting for it. :)

Fudd007
02-23-2005, 05:21 PM
I have the CS-555 remote starter in my car too. It stoped working awhile ago and I cannot find a user guide any where. When I push the I button it blinks like it is going to start but then it just sits there with the lights and power on but it doesn't start. I have to go in and start the car so that the power will turn off. Help please.

Strugari
02-23-2005, 08:15 PM
Check the connection to the starter wire at the ignition.
The wire from the command start is orange.
The wire in the car should be Red/Yellow.
If the connection is good, check to make sure you have power at the orange wire at the unit when you crank the car with the ignition.
If you do then the command start unit has a bad relay. They are on board relays so the unit would have to be replaced.

Gallant
03-03-2005, 08:50 AM
I have a 99 Cougar that I just bought and it came with a Command Start CS555. We need a manual as we can not get it to operate. Can anyone help us?

Strugari
03-03-2005, 09:13 AM
CS555 is the transmitter number. If you can get the model # off the unit we should be able to help you out.:thumbsup:

BTW does the transmitter beep when you press the buttons?

Gallant
03-03-2005, 02:54 PM
The number-I think- is 260M.......

Strugari
03-03-2005, 05:30 PM
The 260M is a standard module.
To get it to work, make sure the on/off switch is on.
With the vehicle running, set the park brake and put transmission in neutral.
Push button I on the remote. (The parklights should come on)
Remove the key (Car will stay running)
Exit the vehicle and close the door.
Push button I and then Button II. (The car should shut down, and the parklights will flash 3 times to verify ready mode.
Push button I on the remote and it should start the car.

offroaderdodge
03-03-2005, 06:45 PM
should you open the door,it will dis-arm the remote starter,so after arming ,should you need to re-enter the car,start it with the remote,enter car for whatever you need ,close door and shut off command start using the remote.

Gallant
03-04-2005, 06:52 AM
Thanks for the info. We will give it a try this weekend. Will let you know if it works-----

Gallant
03-07-2005, 06:38 AM
NO LUCK!!!!!

Is there any reprogramming guide or anything else available for us to try?

Strugari
03-07-2005, 09:06 AM
PM me your email address and I will send out the programming guide. I do also have the user guide.:thumbsup:

Gallant
03-07-2005, 09:35 AM
My e-mail is [email protected]

Strugari
03-09-2005, 08:27 PM
Hey Gallant,
Were you able to get it working:dunno:

Inquring minds want to know:nut:

Gallant
03-14-2005, 06:46 AM
Wheeeee... It works-it works!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank You for all of your help!

Gallant
03-23-2005, 09:04 AM
Hello again!!

All was well until 2 days ago.. When started with the remote-the car runs for a few seconds then it shuts itself off. Any guesses why???

Strugari
03-23-2005, 12:25 PM
The tach setting needs to be adjusted.
Check to see where the tach wire (white) is connected under the hood. If it is hooked up to an injector you will need to set it for a single cylinder setting. If hooked to the coil, set to 2 cylinder, as the coil pack has 3 wires for 2 cylinders each (if it is a 6 cyl).
The settings are in the programming guide.

kelsinc
03-25-2005, 03:32 PM
Does anyone have the programming instructions for a 290i, I also have the C555 remote. I recently bought the car (Envoy) and it had this installed. The locks don't work, neither does the start. I changed batteries and the remote beeps. I have the unit in the on position and checked the fuses. I think I need direction. If anyone has the instructions my e-mail address is [email protected]. Thanks.

Strugari
03-25-2005, 03:56 PM
Sent out instructions. Try re-programming the transmitter. If that does not work, check the connections to the antenna.:thumbsup:

kelsinc
03-25-2005, 08:22 PM
Turns out I can't re-program as I can't get the unit to respond at all. When I open the hood the park lights don't flash and the unit is completely unresponsive to the remote. Any suggestions?

Strugari
03-25-2005, 11:42 PM
First make sure the hood switch is grounding properly.
They tend to get rusty. Sometimes I have had to disconnect the switch and manually ground the wire to get into programming mode.
Try that first.:thumbsup:

Fudd007
03-28-2005, 05:59 PM
:banghead: I have tried everything suggested here for my Command Start. I have the cs555 transmitter and it beeps. I have tried to find a model number on my unit in the car but cannot find any numbers or anything resembling a model #. The only print I can see is Made In Canada. It is a black box with the rounded edges, it has the command start logo on the one side. I don't have any manuals or instructions as to how to reset it or reprogram it. Thanks

Strugari
03-28-2005, 08:20 PM
When you open the hood, do the park lights come on?
If so you need to push and release the hood switch so the lights stay on. Then push Button I until they go out. If the parklights stay on, either your antenna is bad, not plugged in properly, or the transmitter is hooped.

repoman
01-18-2006, 09:11 PM
I currently have the Command Start CS250i installed in my 1997 Plymouth Grand Voyager. I got a second key fob model Cs 555 and don't know how to program it. Could someone please give me some programing instructions.

Strugari
01-19-2006, 12:07 AM
PM me your email address and I will send out the instructions for you:thumbsup:

trucker
09-10-2006, 01:24 PM
I currently have the Command Start CS200 installed in my 1996 chevy. I got a second key fob model Cs 555 and don't know how to program it. Could someone please give me some programing instructions.
Email [email protected]
Thanks trucker:confused:

Strugari
09-10-2006, 03:31 PM
Done:thumbsup:

sidek1ck
12-21-2006, 02:54 PM
Sorry to repeat the post on a different thread, but I wanted to make sure that I asked everyone I could. thank you.

I bought a manual 93 suzuki sidekick which came with a command start 260m. I just got the fob from the previous owner and it has not been used for a few years as they think that it stopped working when the sensors in the door broke off.
These have been replaced, and I have read all the postings that I could find. It was safetied and I assume that it needs to be re-programed as the battery was likely disconnected. The closest I have been able to find online is a manual for the 270ic, but I would be very grateful if anyone could send me an installation and user manual for the 260m please. Beyond that I have already found the forum very helpful and thank all of you in advance who are kind enough to help out.

my email is: [email protected]
Cheers!

Strugari
12-21-2006, 07:59 PM
Sent:thumbsup:

gnote727
01-04-2007, 08:56 PM
Hi all

I too have lost my manual for a command start 260...I think
I need to disable the temp sensor
Any help would be great

Thks

Strugari
01-04-2007, 09:40 PM
Done:thumbsup:

devlekhu_98
06-13-2008, 12:02 PM
Hi All,

I have Toyota-Camry. Came with CS-555 installed..
3-4 Months before starting and lock-unlock was alright.

Suddenly it stopped working, I think I saw 8-9 times flashing parking lights..

My problem is :
Remote works perfect (Lock-unlock and car-start) from inside car or just near-by front door. But it's not working even 2-3 ft away from car.

Any Solution/Suggestion ?

I also don't have manual for it..
Anybody have manual ?

If you can send, appreciated..

I changed Battery, three different kinds (Energizer, Duracell and regular) no result.

My E-mail ID is :

[email protected]

Thanks

HITESH

devlekhu_98
06-13-2008, 12:05 PM
Hi,

Please use
My E-mail address :

[email protected]

to send solution/suggestion/Manual...

devlekhu_98
06-13-2008, 12:06 PM
Hi,

Please use
My E-mail address :

[email protected]

to send solution/suggestion/Manual...

Strugari
06-21-2008, 10:02 PM
email sent:thumbsup:

umsanjur
11-18-2009, 03:08 PM
Strugari,

you seem very knowledgeable with the cs-555. G2JCS306TX. 411 101 649. RSS/CRN 210. BC1609. i need help. when car is on, e-brake pulled, button 1 pushed, able to remove key and car remains running. it is after this i have a problem.

it could be the remote and how it is somewhat difficult to press the buttons (you have to push by the edge). but the buttons still make a noise when pushed.

anyways, after i take out the key and the engine still running, i get out of the car. the engine should stop when i push button 1 then 2. it never works the first time. it usually successful after the 5th or 6th try. and when the engine does die and the lights blink 3 times, its the hardest thing getting it started again pushing button 1.

i've tried (with no knowledge of what it would do) turning the switch to "off" and pushing button 1 and 2 at the same time. the two times i tried this, i counted 10 blinks (not 15 blinks). i do not know what this means. there is no change to starter function when switch is turned back to "on."

please help get starter working again. the snow is about to fall any day now. please send me the manual too. [email protected]

tx in advanced, Strugari.

R