PDA

View Full Version : Repaint Roof and Hood...Any suggetions?

sullygully
02-01-2005, 02:51 PM
Hey guys, I own a 2000 dodge neon and I have some scratches on my roof from my roof rack(down to primer), and my hood has lots and lots of rock chips.
I'm thinking the best thing is to just get it repainted.
So's heres my questions:
1) Do you guys have any recommendations on where to go.
2) Is macco acceptable for this type of application, or does it require someone better experienced.
3) How much am I expected to pay.
4) How much is too much. I'm not a rich man, and living in banff makes money very tight.
5) Would this process take more then a day to do, if so does macco offer free loaner cars?

Also, i have a toonie sized chip near my rear fender well, and its right down to bare metal. I used some touch up primer and then the colour match paint on it. Is that enough to prevent any rust, or do i need better coverage.

Keep in mind i'm a total noob at this, so be gently on me.
Thanks for any and all or your help.

P.S i'm coming on this first before phoning around because i'm too cheap to pay long distance charges.

AllGoNoShow
02-02-2005, 02:38 AM
1. Mr Touchup, his contact info is on my website if you care to contact him, he does VERY VERY good work and will be using him soon for my own project.
2. Maaco is Maaco, they do quick cheap work, you get what you pay for...
3. All depends on quality of work and who does it. Mr Touchup can give you a quote if you bring your car in or he may come out to do one for you.
4. Depends on how far you want to go, if you want just the chips filled and fixed and th edent fixed and new paint on all then you wont be paying as much but your colors may not match up perfectly, fi you repaint whole panels and whole hood then they will look much much better sometimes and it will obveously cost more
5. Maaco probbaly won't take as long as say Mr, Touchup but yes you would be out this car for more then a day to have it done right. Maaco I don't believe has loaner cars and neither does Mr Touchup but you could rent or use a second family vehicle.

sullygully
02-02-2005, 05:54 PM
Thanks a lot for the advice,
I gave a pm to mr touchup and we'll see what he says,