PDA

View Full Version : spotted: mid-nineties SUV fully equipped with six wheels and a turret

BumpinTalon
02-01-2005, 05:43 PM
I was sittin on Crowchild Trail heading west to go home today at about 3 o'clockish and then I saw this big green thing sitting at the light on Nose Hill to turn left onto Crowchild. It was huge. it had six wheels and must have weighed at least 15,000 pounds. it had a turret and a full array of antenna on the top, with a guy hangin out the turret in military fatigues with a nice little helmet looking like he was the king of the world.
I guess the Canadian military took a page out of Stalin's book and made a public demonstration of our full might on Calgary's streets, by driving one APC with a full outfit of soldiers on Crowchild Trail.
and of course today is the day I leave my camera phone at home :rofl:

AcuraTl
02-01-2005, 05:46 PM
wow

Kirbs17
02-01-2005, 05:51 PM
Wouldnt like to take a wrong turn and ram into that guy.

crazydriver
02-02-2005, 12:16 AM
Can they even drive those things legally on the streets??

cman
02-02-2005, 12:20 AM
Originally posted by BumpinTalon
I was sittin on Crowchild Trail heading west to go home today at about 3 o'clockish and then I saw this big green thing sitting at the light on Nose Hill to turn left onto Crowchild. It was huge. it had six wheels and must have weighed at least 15,000 pounds. it had a turret and a full array of antenna on the top, with a guy hangin out the turret in military fatigues with a nice little helmet looking like he was the king of the world.
I guess the Canadian military took a page out of Stalin's book and made a public demonstration of our full might on Calgary's streets, by driving one APC with a full outfit of soldiers on Crowchild Trail.
and of course today is the day I leave my camera phone at home :rofl:

i saw it also, exact same place and exact same time!!!
didnt see you though, obviously i was looking at the "thing"
and i left my camera phone in my work locker as i was on break. damn

GQBalla
02-02-2005, 12:23 AM
lol that was like a tank or something lol they came to my school to try and promote people to join the army!

it wasn't a suv or antying it was strickly military shiet!

Kobe
02-02-2005, 12:51 AM
Weird, i saw some old pos, army suv today around 12:00ish on 17th ave, but this had no top, and it was some old guy driving it..

Kobe
02-07-2005, 12:10 AM
haha i saw that one 2 now.. the other one was something else

He was parked at the "sex up your life" shop on 17th ave

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

A790
02-07-2005, 01:15 AM
It was the reserves doing loading excersizes. My chef was in that one. I'll ask him what unit or whatever it was.

Freebs
02-07-2005, 01:46 AM
humm we had somthing like that out side of my school that same day i believe.... ahah dont know why though

A790
02-07-2005, 03:07 PM
He was telling me about a time where they were fully deployed (kit + weapons) in the industrial park late a night. They were all walking (about thirty in his group) by this office building when this girl opens the door and asks them if there's a situation going on.

He said its a funny feeling when he's standing there carrying a C6 and people will drive by, then drive by again, and again...

He also said that carrying 50 pounds of shit on your back all day sucks. Oh, yea, and they were doing a demonstration that day. That's probably what you saw.

hollywood_35
02-09-2005, 11:15 PM
In Medicine Hat they always drive in from Suffield and cruise around in those pigs. Not all the time, just sometimes. When I first moved here from Vancouver I thought we were in some kind of militia town. :rolleyes:

Supa Dexta
02-19-2005, 08:23 PM
There used to be militry exercises every now and then back east, where you'd see a bunch of these things barraling thru town, on the highways etc.... coyotes and stuff I think, but I'm not up on my military vehicles.... Something to see though, when these thing roll thru, with big trucks and jeeps loaded with the troops...

http://www.gailadams.ca/gallery/CAF-COYOTE-2.jpg