PDA

View Full Version : t25 turbo

trackerthrasher
02-01-2005, 10:55 PM
I got it out of about an 88 nissan pulsar ...and i'm told it's a t25 .Can i bolt any other turbo in it's place?It has a internal wastegate and the oil line looks like a brake line fitting .The water lines have hollow bolts that hold them on ;that the water passes through.If anyone knows this turbo well; could you give me a heads-up on it. I put it on a 1990 suzuki sidekick to pull a bit more jam out of it.I have everything plumbed and it seems to start to spool up at about 2500 but by 3300 rpm it falls on it's face.I'm in the process of installing boost/AF gauges but to be honest this doesn't seem like a fuel problem.If i put my foot right into it ;it just cuts out and sometimes it will give me a brief check engine light .If i let the rpm come up at 1/4 to1/2 throttle it will go right to the redline but still no serious power at any point .Please reply if your're knowledgable on impractable application.I have talked to a few guys at mopac and they were really helpful getting me this far.I'm just interested in as much info as i can obtain ;so as to make the least amount of wrong turns on this project as i can.Thanks!

heavyD
02-02-2005, 01:38 PM
I don't know much about the sidekicks but you may be hitting fuel cut. The stock airflow sensor maybe seeing too much air. It's probably not a turbo problem unless there is a major restriction in the exhaust causing too much backpressure on the turbo. The fitting with holes in them are banjo bolts. That's about all I can think of. :dunno: